Warranty Rudeness?

GATOR SERPENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with probably the most condescending person I have spoken to in a while at DaimlerChrysler. Without going into the lengthy story, she would not listen to me from the get go. When I asked to speak to someone else, she told me I could not. There were NO supervisors. When I finally asked her to listen without interrupting me, I explained my situation. Then she came back on and told she HAD BEEN Recording the conversation. Nice to be told after the fact. Just wondered if anyone else had "communication" issues with them

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless she is the CEO, there is always someone higher up you can talk to. By law, they are suppose to tell you that they are recording the conversation before they do it.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest you call back and try and speak with someone else. If that fails don't hesitate to write a letter to "the president" explaining your original complaint and the way it was handled over the phone. Surprisingly, I have had great success with letters to the president. Usually, an office manager that handles customer relations gets it and will got out of their way to correct problems. If you act professionally and courteously my experience is that they reach out to help. In some cases I have gotten free gifts to help with my "anguish".

Customer Service = see the little picture
Front office = see the big picture

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yep, it's happened to me before. I had a lady who acted like she was God. I also asked for a sup and she said she is where the buck stops. Maybe it was the same person.

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is illegal for a business to record your phone conversation unless your are notified prior to the conversation. If there was not a recording stating "for quality control purposes our phone calls are being monitored" or something like that, you should have a conversation with the manager of the call center.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I lemon lawed my 01 GTS, I was constantly battling the customer service people. Most were really good, but there were a few like the one you described.

Just call back on monday and get another customer care rep, be very nice and explain your problem again. Remember the care center gets rated on how fast they can resolve calls and complaints. I just started call twice a day and after about 3 days the DC Lawyer and DC district manager.

Is this about the battery disconnect stuff?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gator this is Tator,

You should try and be a small D. Dealer!
You got a good phone call!!
hail[1].gif

You must be registered for see images

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 07-19-2002 at 06:37 PM</font>

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this brings back bad memories of trying to get reimbursed for the belt recall. I called and this schmuck told me I was wrong and there was no recall. When I persisted he got ugly and even swore at me...I couldn't believe it... then he hung up on me. I sucked it in and called right back only to get a human this time and got reimbursed 2 weeks later. I guess DC doesn't screen well enough for these positions. They just hire people with little knowledge and lots of social problems and then put them on the front line for us.