Water/**** question

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, seeing we have lousy 91 octane in AZ to contend with, I'm forced to put a water/**** kit on my 05 to make up for it.
Snow racing is telling me that their kit will raise 91 octane to 110 or 120 with a 50/50 mix.
The dyno shop says no way, probably more like 95 to 99.
My question is who is right, and are there any studies to show what the increase would be, and what if I ran straight ****:dunno:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all depends on how you tune it and mix it. if you are 50/50 but only inject 1% of your fluid going into the motor, then you won't see much. use bigger jets and make it more like 60% of your mixture and you'll see 110-120 octane. gotta work out the #'s and get someone who knows how to tune. But remember that if you are relying on W/M for octane, you better have an air/fuel meter AND a light for when the fluid level is LOW.

Do NOT run straight ****. baaaaad idea.

but they are both right.

good luck!

JD

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It all depends on how you tune it and mix it. if you are 50/50 but only inject 1% of your fluid going into the motor, then you won't see much. use bigger jets and make it more like 60% of your mixture and you'll see 110-120 octane. gotta work out the #'s and get someone who knows how to tune. But remember that if you are relying on W/M for octane, you better have an air/fuel meter AND a light for when the fluid level is LOW.

Do NOT run straight ****. baaaaad idea.

but they are both right.

good luck!

JD

Cool, thanx.
Snow sent me two injector sizes, and they said to run the larger of the two, as the car should run between 850 to 900 RWHP on a load bearing dyno. I don't have an A/F on the car, but when the shop dyno tunes it, hopefully it will be all set after that, or maybe I should invest in an A/F gauge.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go online and just exploring water injection you'll wind up with a book full of knowledge. Hopefully you'll find Sir Harry Ricardo in the journey. He's the guy that really wrote the book.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, thanx.
Snow sent me two injector sizes, and they said to run the larger of the two, as the car should run between 850 to 900 RWHP on a load bearing dyno. I don't have an A/F on the car, but when the shop dyno tunes it, hopefully it will be all set after that, or maybe I should invest in an A/F gauge.

A/F monitoring is a must. If something malfunctions , with the W/M system at WOT, you motor could be history rather quickly.:omg:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960