Wax comparisons

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a Zaino nut for aprox 7 years and been trying everything else on the market to get a comparison and nothing compares BUT, I did find one wax that gives that similar shine, and actually lasts longer.
Here is what I feel works best, If you use the Turbo wax with polycharger but also use the Zaino enhancer it is awsome. I do not like the Turbo wax without the Zaino enhancer though.

100_0490_2_.jpg

100_0489_2_.jpg

100_0485_2_.jpg

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using Griot's Garage products and love the ease of application and price. The best of show wax goes on and off easy and the speedshine locks in the wax. The spray on wax works well too.

Bruce

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You sound like me LOL.

I started as a big Zaino nut in the mid 90's and still use some of the products today. I use Menzerna stuff for paint leveling, and then usually seal everything with Zaino. On darker colored cars I finish with Pinnacle Souveran Carnuba. On Snake Skin Green and other colors with that kind of POP I like Zaino as it gives off a real vibrant look. The Pinnacle is great but gives off a warmer wetter shine but does not last as long.

I am looking forward to trying the new Turbo wax stuff I have some on the way. I try them all as I am not very brand loyal.

Good thread:2tu:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
There's a whole forum dedicated to detailing:

http://forums.viperclub.org/viper-detailing-tips-tricks/

Many of us on this site are fanatics about what we put on the Viper. I tried Zaino and thought it was decent, but never really loved it. Really love the look from Pinnacle Carnuba - deep, wet shine, stunning. Just received some Adam's new carnuba and first impression is very good - not ready to say it's better than Pinnacle. Also just ordered some Turbowax that I plan to give a try.

My latest "try" is some anti-static detail spray from FK1 as the dust and pollen is driving me nuts. Again - first impression is very favorable, but want to give it some time before reporting back.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can attest the Adams stuff is no where near the level of the Pinnacle Souveran we use. I do use the Adams VHT tire dressing which is great, as well as the Adams leather conditioner. I still have a few cans of the in and out spray that was taken off the market for engine compartments.

Since you have a darker colored car it will be hard to beat Pinnacle Carnuba for that color.

There's a whole forum dedicated to detailing:

http://forums.viperclub.org/viper-detailing-tips-tricks/

Many of us on this site are fanatics about what we put on the Viper. I tried Zaino and thought it was decent, but never really loved it. Really love the look from Pinnacle Carnuba - deep, wet shine, stunning. Just received some Adam's new carnuba and first impression is very good - not ready to say it's better than Pinnacle. Also just ordered some Turbowax that I plan to give a try.

My latest "try" is some anti-static detail spray from FK1 as the dust and pollen is driving me nuts. Again - first impression is very favorable, but want to give it some time before reporting back.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino enhancer=ZFX or Z8?

ZFX is not made to work with any other product. Especially a wax.

Z8 can go over a wax or sealant.

If you like Pinnacle Souveran also try Lusso Oro at under $50, looked great on the wifes BMW and lasted a whole 6 weeks just like PS does for me.

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does one get Zaino?I've generaly used Meguiar's products and have been pleased with the results.I waxed 10 days ago trying the Tech wax for the first time.It seemed to be better then the Gold Class,but I would like to try the Zaino product line.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
zaino is flatout JUNK, i wouldnt ever use it again. half the reason is cause sal zaino is the biggest ******** on the planet.

i try not to give my money to jerks like him

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Zaino for years, but the amount of work compared to the results does not make any sense.
Last 2-3 years I have used Pinnacle Souveran on my Viper and Fusion on my daily drivers.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
zaino is flatout JUNK, i wouldnt ever use it again. half the reason is cause sal zaino is the biggest ******** on the planet.

i try not to give my money to jerks like him

+1.
Waste of money and time.
If you have decent paint any of the top quality waxes will work just fine and nobody can tell the difference.
People just like to think that Zaino is something special.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never cared much for Zaino. It does make paint shine but dosen't give the warm glow and depth of a carnauba wax.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used zaino z2 show car in the past but once they changed it to z2 pro, its junk. I had to use NXT to remove the streaks from z2 pro. Never again:nono:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried them all and have to say that I am a ********* Zaino fan. I have not found anything that looks as good or last as long. It is also super easy to use IMHO.

I have also tried some of the finest waxes in the world such as Zymol Vintage and while it does look nice and last longer than 2 weeks (Pinnacle Souveran) but on dark colors it sweats like crazy. If I ever park my car in the sun or go to an outside show it hazes up (sweats) like crazy. Does this for a few washes and by the time it stops so does the nice shine.

Zaino seems to be the only product that I found that does "everything" well. :dunno:

Not that any of them are bad per say but they all seem to have a shortcoming, be it durability or sweating.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried them all and have to say that I am a ********* Zaino fan. I have not found anything that looks as good or last as long. It is also super easy to use IMHO.

I have also tried some of the finest waxes in the world such as Zymol Vintage and while it does look nice and last longer than 2 weeks (Pinnacle Souveran) but on dark colors it sweats like crazy. If I ever park my car in the sun or go to an outside show it hazes up (sweats) like crazy. Does this for a few washes and by the time it stops so does the nice shine.

Zaino seems to be the only product that I found that does "everything" well. :dunno:

Not that any of them are bad per say but they all seem to have a shortcoming, be it durability or sweating.

I have used Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax on a black car for years and I've never experienced hazing or sweating. I know a lot of other people who use it and I've never heard any of them say anything about hazing or sweating.

I think Zaino's one of the worst products I have used and doesn't do anything right. After you go through all the hassle in the end it just don't look good. Kind of a strange funky shine that's hard to put into words. I'll take ease of use and looks of any carnauba wax and most paint sealants over Zanio anyday. I guess we're all entitled to an opinion. I be a ********* Anti-Zaino fan.;)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax on a black car for years and I've never experienced hazing or sweating. I know a lot of other people who use it and I've never heard any of them say anything about hazing or sweating.

I have used Pinnacle Souveran for years and have never, ever experienced what AgentF1 is describing. This is on both a Black Z06 and a red Viper. You couldn't give me Zaino. There are too many products that go on ten times easier (no ten step program required), cost less and look just as good.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, it sounds like Pinnacle is a good choice for my red RT. Now that it is all wetsanded and buffed, want to make sure I put on a wax that gives me both good shine and good protection.

Question? How come nobody mentioned Mothers or Meguiars? Are they too commercial and not that good for show cars?

Thanks.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pinnacle wax out-shines everything out there and you'll love it on your red Viper Ron. I experienced what F1 is describing but I put on 20 coats of it on my Viper in '06 just before a trip to the Hampton's in the dead heat of July. The wax was sweating and actually melted in the direct sun. Too much wax. Lessons learned: Why put down 20 coats of wax when 2 will do? It will always come down to surface prep. If the paint is not clean no amount of wax is going to do the job. I found that Zaino is great at hiding flaws in paint which is probably why so many folks love it, less work. In your case Peter, given what you're doing to your paint (wet sanding) ANY wax is going to make your beast shine. It's all about the prep.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony....this is one improvement that will really be noticeable! Just wanted to make sure I put on the best wax post wetsanding. Can't remember what we used at the body shop...you know, senility sets in as you get older...can hardly remember my college years!:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Leaving the hood for last....will take the most time and patience.:eater:

Would you believe I am still debating (with myself) about to stripe or not to stripe! Most I've spoken to favor the white stripe (which is what the factory mostly put on red cars):dunno:

By the way, where do you get Pinnacle?

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can jump in here, I have read that carnuba is a very hard product and needs a reducer type like kerosene or other petroleum distillates to make it pliable enough to be used as a car wax....and since our cars spend a lot of time out in the sun, petroleum on the finish of the car looks "wet" or "slick" but the sun cooking the kerosene does a lot of damage to clear coats....has anyone else heard this as well !!?? thanks for my $.02

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony....this is one improvement that will really be noticeable! Just wanted to make sure I put on the best wax post wetsanding. Can't remember what we used at the body shop...you know, senility sets in as you get older...can hardly remember my college years!:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Leaving the hood for last....will take the most time and patience.:eater:

Would you believe I am still debating (with myself) about to stripe or not to stripe! Most I've spoken to favor the white stripe (which is what the factory mostly put on red cars):dunno:

By the way, where do you get Pinnacle?

Peter, if you're coming to the karting event this Sunday, you can have the rest of my Pinnacle sovereign wax. Plenty left over. You can find it online. You may also want to try Turbo Wax. I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback about them. I have a small sample from Tito that I'm dying to try out as soon as this rain stops. Regardless, you're Viper is going to look great.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent tried anything that I liked better than Zaino but agentf1 and I are waxing the same color, do not know if color changes anything but Sapphire just pops with Zaino not to mention you nearly have to chip the zaino of with a chisel to remove. it is a pia to buff off with alot of humidity in the air.Pinnacle Souverign is amazing stuff also

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent tried anything that I liked better than Zaino but agentf1 and I are waxing the same color, do not know if color changes anything but Sapphire just pops with Zaino not to mention you nearly have to chip the zaino of with a chisel to remove. it is a pia to buff off with alot of humidity in the air.Pinnacle Souverign is amazing stuff also

I think color is certainly a factor. Zaino/Pinnacle really stands out on the darker colors. Amazing.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, it sounds like Pinnacle is a good choice for my red RT. Now that it is all wetsanded and buffed, want to make sure I put on a wax that gives me both good shine and good protection.

Question? How come nobody mentioned Mothers or Meguiars? Are they too commercial and not that good for show cars?

Thanks.

I use Meguires regularly. Works perfectly good for me and I get compliments ALL the time. People think it's brand new car, but it's 6 yrs old and has 20k miles on it.

This weekend I did a quick claybarring, then the 3-step system.

However, I did skip step 1 (paint cleaner) since it's garage kept and it made no difference...the terrycloth buffer applicator using this step came up clean after just washing and claybarring. So for me the paint cleaner was unnecessary.

Step 2 Polish went on smooth and well BUT, was a big PITA to remove when wet (per directions) or dry. I filled a spray bottle with warm water and lightly sprayed after the Polish dried and then it came off easily with no residue using a microfiber towel.

Step 3 is the wax. I used their new NXT 2.0 liquid. Applied with a hand pad and wiped off real easily after drying with another microfiber towel.

I also did a comparo on the trunk. On the left side I used their Ultimate Compound. In the middle, I used their Polish. On the right side, I used their Swirl X. The Ultimate Compound and Swirl X were a waste on my car. Easy to apply and wipe off, but they both left a slight hazing in the paint. The polish did not. So I wound up using the polish afterwards on the entire trunk and rest of the car. No problems. The Ultimate Compound & Swirl X may work well on weathered or scratched finishes but was unnecessary on mine.

I also have the entire front end covered in 3M waxable Clear Bra. I did get the dry wax on the edges. Simple solution was mist the area with water or their Ultimate Detailer and gently wipe along the edge with a microfiber towel. Came right off.

I regularly use their Ultimate Quick Detailer in between cleanings (monthly) & waxings (Semi-annually) and it keeps the finish looking real nice. I try to blow the dust/pollen off with air before hand to minimize rubbing it into the finish with the Ultimate Quick Detailer. Black is a HUGE PITA to keep clean.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Zaino's one of the worst products I have used and doesn't do anything right. After you go through all the hassle in the end it just don't look good. Kind of a strange funky shine that's hard to put into words. I'll take ease of use and looks of any carnauba wax and most paint sealants over Zaino anyday. I guess we're all entitled to an opinion. I be a ********* Anti-Zaino fan.;)

No, I don't get the sweating with Pinnacle Souveran, just the better quality waxes like Zymol and Swissvax. My problem with Pinnacle Souveran is it only last 2 weeks or 2 washes, which ever comes first, at best... The Zymol and Swissvax look as nice as the PS (when they are not sweating) and have much better durability. You might as well just use a glaze as most glazes like CG EZ Creme last about 2 weeks also. :dunno:

I feel I get the best of both worlds with Zaino, both incredible looks (depth, clarity and wetness) and durability.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I switched from Zaino to Pinnacle Souveran as well. It lasts a few weeks for me, but I don't drive my car in rain and park in a garage at work and home. It literally takes me 5 minutes to apply as opposed to Zaino, which took hours. So, even if it only lasts two weeks you'll spend very little time reapplying it after a wash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave