We need a splitter like the ZR1 splitter

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a cow catcher or one suspended by wires. I have been careful not to fugly up the exterior of my GTS. Go get the pic of the ZR1. Integral with the cars front fascia. Fits on the front lower lip. Probably a bolt on or glue on.Wider than the front and incorporates wheel well canards. Yep a real beauty. Add side splitters ,difuser and the F1 wing (F1 dyno,DAVEM) and there would be function and a superb look. Whats the sense of adding rear aero and making the cars balance worse? I and many others ar holding out for a non cow catcher/suspension bridge splitter. The other pieces are already avilable. GTS Bruce:drive:

P

powerstream

If there is enough interest I will manufacture such a splitter.
We manufacture splitters for race applications with many different mounting both adjustable and static.

We make them from carbon fiber and similar materials.

We produce approx 100 units per week in addition to the other race car parts we make.

Is there more interest in putting that type of splitter on a gen2 or gen 3?

Thanks

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is enough interest I will manufacture such a splitter.
We manufacture splitters for race applications with many different mounting both adjustable and static.

We make them from carbon fiber and similar materials.

We produce approx 100 units per week in addition to the other race car parts we make.

Is there more interest in putting that type of splitter on a gen2 or gen 3?

Thanks

If it fits the stock GTS fascia, yes from me. I do not like the Autoform fascia in the pic above.

P

powerstream

yes I would design it to work with a stock gen 2 GTS front fascia
Will you paint it or do you want the natural finish

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MADDUC. The color would be anything you want. Natural makes it easier for the mnfgr. If you want black or a color you scuff it up and squirt on some flat or satin black for black. If a color after the scuff up and clean off you squirt on some primer and then the color you want. Spray can enamel stuff that various will be happy to supply in your color. Do it yourself or spend a little more and any paint shop can do it. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another problem is if its a lot lower than the current fascia. A lot of us have lowered cars. Possibly you could reproduce the rear wing of F1 if he doesn't mind. The H........... looking one but with the gurney flap. Too bad he only made 3. I have been reluctant to go the wing route because I always felt the front needed a little more downforce first and I did not want a balance nightmare or a cow catcher front end. GTS Bruce

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce, I just wanted to leave my options open depending on what it is made of. If it's carbonfiber and the pattern looks good, might just leave. Otherwise possibly black or maybe body color with the strips brought down through it.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who makes the splitter/facia on the Black car at the bottom of this thread??????
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/594700-ultimate-wheel-thread-12.html
to me it looks like a splitter add-on, not an entire facia replacment. ? (It looks similar to a Hennessy, but without the silly smiley-face crosshair opening.)

the one on that red viper, blows. its too plain and changes the look of the front end too much ....are those nostrils?

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dom I believe that is also an autoform splitter. hereis the link from thier site. http://www.autoformgroup.com/autofo...ategory_id=27&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 the GTS front splitter or the RT Splitter are about as aweful as they get, looks like a fat lip..... IMHO But I perfer the GT2 or 08 ACR splitter. And I think the splitters front and side on the ZR1 look like ricer crap. I would bet its not worth crap on the track. The ACR aero package is designed for function and it does a supurb job at it with 1200lbs of down force. If you are looking to have a car that just looks "race car like" than buy a Honda or a mustang but if you want a race car, Viper is all about track performance. But just my thoughts not meant to "attack" anyone or cause problems.
You must be registered for see images
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020x.8XtJsKkAdgajzbkF/SIG=135h9vbd3/EXP=1232945918/**http%

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the GTS front splitter or the RT Splitter are about as aweful as they get, looks like a fat lip..... IMHO But I perfer the GT2 or 08 ACR splitter. And I think the splitters front and side on the ZR1 look like ricer crap. I would bet its not worth crap on the track. The ACR aero package is designed for function and it does a supurb job at it with 1200lbs of down force. If you are looking to have a car that just looks "race car like" than buy a Honda or a mustang but if you want a race car, Viper is all about track performance.

Agreed on all counts. The aero on the ACR is tested and proved. I used to think even posers would want something authentic. Maybe I was wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte