Welcoming myself to the IL VCA !! U just received NC's Black sheep !!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcoming myself to the IL VCA !! U just received NC\'s Black sheep !!

Hello IL VCA, I will be transfering over to you guys here shortly. There is an oportunity that has been afford to me in downtown Chicago, that I will be taking, should all things go as planned.

I would like to get at the heart of a VERY important question, how the hell am I going to get Viper time in my car, during these tough winter months in Chicago? I ALWAYS drove my Viper year round here in NC, so I am wondering how many snow chains will I need to buy?

Please keep in mind, my car is no Garage queen, it was bought to bring me happiness, and I FULLY intend to hit the 100k mark on my extended warranty, to realy make sure I got dodge for every last cent I could !!

Any insight into you guys? I had a web site I think for you guys: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/RaceSeasonInformation.html

Is that the right one?

What do I need to know??

What you need to know, is you just got NC's Black Sheep !! :-D :D

Hopefully I havent pissed any of you off yet from my posts, but I'll work on it.

Jon

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Welcoming myself to the IL VCA !! U just received NC\'s Black sheep !!

Welcome. The winters are not as bad as most poeple think. Cold but under 40" of snow a year, usually in a few big storms. No real lake effect to speak of. Roads are pretty clean in the winter and the salt is not too bad compared to Michigan. Some nice drives in the fall and SVS is close. Check out Autobahn Country Club in Joliet if you like to track.

Love the color.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Welcome to the club Jon, I know you will like it!

Isaac

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BEST WISHES JON!

Good Luck, IL......

HA HA HA HA....

Just kidding - best of everything with your new opportunity - and being as centrally located as you will be - we'll expect to see you at Putnam Park, Gingerman AND VIR next year for Viper Days....

Maybe Dad, too?

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't go to the meetings as much as I did in the past. But I am one of the original members from way back in 96. When the meetings were held in that resturant in Oak Park Ill. All I can say (Even though I had my issues with past regional presidents over politics)is the current guys running the Ill. region are a great group of guys and gals. Bill and Gary bring a lot of intergrity and fun to the club. And have the upmost respect for them. Welcome to Chicagoland.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jon,

Let me know if you need a home there are 3 for sale in the vacinity. We have 3 Vipers already on the block and could use another. You will like the club. I work downtown so let me know when you are moved over.

As for Winter driving.... Not in a viper... The salt will KILL your car.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It does **** having to put the car away for the winter but there is always snowmobiling in these parts. Nothing like blasting across a lake going 120 on a sled!
Meetings are at Fuddruckers so it is a good excuse to eat a big greasy burger once a month!! Lots of good people in the club. Welcome.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome!

Forget about driving the snake in the winter. There have been a couple of winters where the roads have been washed clean of the salt for about a day in Feb, but that is a rarety.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you Isaac, Forged H., Radta7, Ieatvets and Birvini for the welcome (and the good luck from my fav. member of all time Janni)

radta7 how did you know...?? Yes, I definetly will be buying a home in the Chicago area. I am completely lost as to where I should live, your offer to join the viper neighborhood sure sounds tempting !! Might need more details on that. I'll be working on Deer Born St. so I really want to know what my options are for the commute, location, etc. No more working from home for me (yep, gonna have to work for a living now), so I'd like to minimize that whole morning commute stress thing (heard so much about, but my morning commutes used to be from my bedroom to my office downstairs in my home ;) )

I am super excited about this move !! Only down side, I have to break the bad news to my current employer today. Oh and that dang snow thing.. thats a bummer... but oh well, time to get some winter toys now too !!

Jon

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon,

Welcome to Chicago Downtown, We have plenty to do and you picked the best VCA chapter to do it with. As far as winters... reference the above. Since you'll be working on Dearborn, how far North of the heart of Downtown will you be? Chicago 800 N.? Ohio 600 N.?

Welcome to Chicago and the Chicagoland area there are many great people here.

Jay K.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Jon...did you get a new job or a new position? You're getting closer to my neck of the woods now...I think you are now 5 hours from me so your butt kicking is getting closer!! LOL!...Well if a promotion or new job...congrats.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since the Fedex package officially arrived today, and I just gave Cisco my 2 week notice. I can spill the beans, Yes, I am accepting an offer from Citadel Investment Group. It a new job, and a significant promotion (read $$$$$$$$$$$$$). ;-) 131 S. Dearborn Street.

So AB, I'd love for you to come kick my butt, two short guys running around kicking each other in the A$$ has got to be a pretty funny sight to see. And thanks for the congrats !!

Jon

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you need enclosed high end car transport for your Viper to Chicago drop me a line. www.transportcars.com. I specialize in Vipers. Since I've been an owner for a while. No scratched side sills or scuffed chin spoilers or any damage with me. Good luck again in your new job.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I dont think of it as losing a friend, I think of it as IL gaining a new a-hole!!! :-D

Good luck jon seriously, and dont let the door hit you on the way out of town! ;-)

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess I won't have anyone to compare odometer readings with anymore (48.5K now) and there will be stories in Ill. from everyone who ran up against this graphite Viper...

Hey Janni, when's the party?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SeaSnake, I got ya still 56752 as she sits right now.

And yes, I hope to continue the status of being the most recognized viper in the area, because of how much I drive mine, and 20,0000,0000 ricers saying they blew my doors off at some race or another, that I didn’t know I was having with them. ;-) Although I have won every one ;-)

Eric H, Don’t worry, they didn’t really lose an A-hole in NC either, you have done quite well of obtaining that role, once you joined us a few months back. So with Pride, I pass the torch to you, but you didn’t really need it, you already had a small one going already !!

1tony1,
Blow Me...... a kiss..

Jucd vpr,
thanks for the welcome

Jon

PS. Janni, you are still going to get the calls.. dont think just because I moved, means my phone stopped working, I have a billion more viper questions for you, and RACE Master Flex (aka Henry). Plus you know im never afraid to send an email ;-)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome dude. You can definitely drive it during the winter....just have to pick your days. Dry and after a bit of rain. Yeah, you get a little salt schming on the undercarriage but most of it comes off with a good hosing in the spring. Rock on! :2tu:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOOHOO! Haha, you IL suckers! LOL. Congrats Jon!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeeze, maybe the cold will slow down his mouth a little, :D Congrats Jon! So I guess your buying the beer at the race in Decemeber, since we'l all be tapped from the X-Mas buying season and all. :2tu:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like people either like him or hate him.

hahah.. yeah... pretty much. And I like it that way. Funny, the ones who are giving me the most $hit here, are actually the ones I like the best..

And those from the local NC chapter who are bustin my Balz, I know you are all going to be gathering around, combing your hair over, at one of the future Carolina's VCA events.. and be like... hmm.. something is missing... just doesn’t seem complete anymore.... an emptiness has fallen upon us....and then... in unison you will all say... "ahhhh.... we actually miss Azzholevedo" :D

And then, I will know my work here was complete. :2tu:

:usa: Jon

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You coming to the autocross for your last a$$-whoopin' by a girl? :)

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You coming to the autocross for your last a$$-whoopin' by a girl? :)

I wouldnt miss it for the world. FYI Janni, we battled it out towards the middle of the day, being my first x-cross last time, but once we got towards the end, it was quite obvious my times were not going to be beat by any girl.. lol...

I welcome the chance to beat you AGAIN... This time, I'll do it both in my ACR, and my Dads srt-10... :-D

Whoopin here you come !!

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang