Well I fell victim to the malicious

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parked where I normally park in my dorm parking lot, away from other cars so they don't ding me all up. Had the car up here for a few weeks this semester, and most of last semester, so I thought everything was safe. That's what I get for thinking, I got up this morning and went for a road trip with a good friend and as I was opening the trunk I noticed a long white streak where someone had keyed the trunk lid, but thankfully they did not go all the way to the rear 1/4 panel.
One of the frats had a big party with lots people from off campus, I don't think anyone here at school would do it so I assume it was someone from off campus.
I just can't believe there are people out there that would do things like that to others property, yeah I know it happens but I try and be as nice as I can be to everyone one I meet and talk too about the Viper. I do my best to let them sit in it, I start it up for them, and be real nice to them, but I guess if you drive it, $h!t happens!!! Anyone got any suggestions to what I should do or how I should fix it, repaint the whole trunk lid or get it touched up? Thanks, Paul.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Campus? Dorms? Sorry to say it bro but crime, petty and serious are probably worse on college campuses than most shopping centers or apartment complexes.

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I've only driven my Viper to school once. Nothing happened to the car, but about 2 weeks later some insecure geek thought it would be nice to run their key all the way across my truck's tailgate. Looks like what a richter scale would scratch out. If I knew who it was I'd get the log chains out of the back of my Dodge 1 ton and me a Mr.Cummins diesel would very nicely relocate their vehicle for them. The worse part is about a half dozen nicer cars on campus have shown up keyed in almost the exact same place. I too always go out of my way and let people check out my Viper. 98% love the car and wouldn't bother it, but that other 2% sure can make it ruff on everyone else.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every day that punk looks himself in the mirror and realizes once more it ***** to be him.How bout one of those dorky talking alarms,you can be paged if loser doesn't back off!If misfortune crosses my vipers path,I hope i'm not there to see it,i'd do jail time forsure!
dead.gif

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tooofst, that's a good point I have never thought of the guy looking at himself in the mirror and realizing who he really is. But also now I have thought about installing camera's, or the alarms that will page you when someone is around the car, does anyone know where I could get soemthing like this that works well in preventing these people from doing worse damage.
Thanks, Paul.

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Kelly, I have thought about that, but I figure something has got to be better than nothing. And I thought about the fact that people are looking at the car very often adn a beeper would go off all the time, so that may not be the best resource to use in this case and cameras would have to be manuevered into a perfect position, but I don't know just really frustrated at these types of people.
See it's crazy because I could understand a little more if someone cut my top and stole my radio, etc. but just destroying someones property...stupid!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've been kicking around this idea for the Viper. It consists of hiding motion sensors and cameras around all four corners, and using the trigger to start a VCR with a quad split screen, and thereby get a solid ID of the perpetrator.

I made one like it for my house, and it works very well. I never caught my local vandal with it, but he grew up and quit being so jerky, so all's well that ends well.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, look at the bright side.

He will NEVER, EVER have a car like yours and he knows it.......

Lauri 1993 R/T 10

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I truly feel for ya and all i can say is "thats what insurance is for" I am not at all belittling the situation, I think its pathetic that some puke will do something like that. unfortunately in this day and age its a part of our so-called "civilized life and society. If you succumb to the paranoias fo vandalism and theft, theyve (the pukes) won. its sorta like 09-11-2001 and the WTC, if we didnt go on, the f*ckin terrorists would have won.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:

When I was in college (I can JUST barely remember
smile.gif
) some of us who spent everything we had on cars would ask around the neighborhood adjacent to the campus for home owners who had extra garage/barn space. We were able to rent room for a few cars at a very reasonable rate (I think 4 of us split the back side of a barn for $50/mo). Other than that, you're pray to everyone who has a few beers. Only other thing to do is get a car cover that can be locked to the car. At least that will make it much more difficult to damage the car. As a last resort, call motor city mad man- his plan WILL work!
laugh.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** Paul!
pissed.gif
Sorry that happened to you!
I've never heard of a college student keeping their Viper on campus. What college do you attend? What year/model Viper do you have?

Get that Snake outta there!
smile.gif

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of experiences have people found with using a cover on extended leave outs. On one hand it will hide the car(unfortunately not the overall shape though!), but it could also attract some punks?? Anyone ever been vandalized with the cover on?

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King GTS -- I have a 95 red RT/10. I have kept it up here a good bit. I go to a small college in the bustling town of Clinton (population 10), South Carolina called Presbyterian College. I keep it washed and waxed and clean pretty often. Nothing has ever happened before and there is a relatively low crime rate on campus compared to larger colleges. Plus I can see my car from my dorm window so it feels pretty safe.
I thought about using my car cover to cover it up when I leave it for a period of time, but when I see a car covered like that I say "hhmm must be expensive lets go check it out!" So I abandoned that idea rather quickly, but I may need to look into finding a garage I could rent soemwhere near my dorm, that is a good possibility. Thanks for your ideas fellas, much appreciated!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey paul,

I'm in Simpsonville (Greenville). I'm looking at several RTs right now. Maybe you an I can get togher and cruise sometime eh?

Later
James

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah college campuses and a high profile car like a Viper definitely don't mix. I can just see a bunch of drunk college guys walking by your Viper and one of them says "hey, watch this", then goes and keys your car. I remember my college days fondly, but I also remember the average maturity level of the guys that are in college too. I guess it depends on where you go to college, but most college kids don't seem to have a lot of spare money unless Mommy and Daddy give them alot. So when someone sees you drive a car like a Viper and they are forced to drive a rusty old Yugo or something I am sure they would get jealous and take it out on your car.

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul you should have called her back the next day! Just kidding.

Get yourself a $1000 ****** with some cheap insurance and tuck the snake away somewere safe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire