Well, I've made a decision

BarryBum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I\'ve made a decision

Well, after much thought and a few sleepless nights. I have decided to keep my Cuda and not get a Viper. I love the Vipers, but due to my lack of disposable income and the fact that I am positive vertically challenged (too tall) I have decided that a Viper right now is not in my best interest. I appreciate all the PM's and all the advice that you guys gave me on the stupid questions I was asking about your awesome cars.
Now, for what I am going to purchase, this may give me a cheap fix for my roadster desire, even though its not a Viper. I am going to buy the car pictured below, 93 C4, 67k miles, Polo Green with white interior. After doing some research and talking with several Vette owners I found out that this is a pretty rare car for GM standards. Only 622, AQ9 (white leather interior) cars were built and even fewer of that number was Polo Green. I can buy this one, keep my Cuda and make everyone happy (including the wife)
If any of you guys are X Corvette owners or still have one, give me the good, the bad and the uglies of these cars.
Thanks again for all your help.
I'll keep hanging around, just to keep up with all that goes on.
You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Well, I\'ve made a decision

Is that you in the Vette? If so, your height wouldn't be a problem in either a RT or GTS. My dad has a 87' white C4 and loves it. He's owned it for 5-6 years and no real major problems to speak of. He had to replace some suspension pieces shortly after he bought it to the tune of $700 I think and new headlight motors that were also expensize, but thats been it.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would think that white interior will be brutal to keep clean. But then again, nobody pays me to think. Nice ride.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Had an older Vette.
I remember it having similar handling. (READ) cornering as viper. That car would tail spin quick. Car was enjoyable and not stock. Actually harder to get in and out of than the viper. It had ABS problems.

Certainly a nice car you are looking at.
ENJOY.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I loved my 89 metallic red vert, that is, until I saw the Viper show car in 92'.

It was a great car, still miss it sometimes. (I'm a senti-mental guy, or just mental, either way)

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I loved my C4, it was a blast! I often think about getting another one to drive on the days that are not Viper appropriate. You can take a Vette to the mall and not worry about it or head out even when there is a chance of rain. If for some reason I have to sell the Viper I would replace with a Vette for sure. I love the white interior! Sport seats?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some maintenance is difficult in the car. Kind of crowded. Electrical issues with the instrument panel show up from time to time. Seat wear is also problematic. Good luck with the car. Polo Green is quite rare. Frankly, the C4 looks better in my book than the C5 or C6.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That Vette appears well taken car of from the pic. Good luck and enjoy.

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had a 92 coupe, and a 93 vert and never had a single problem with either of them. The transmission was a little louder in the 92, but i believe they fixed that in 93. Good luck, Eagle

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife and I owned a '95 and a '96 for a few years. Both were daily drivers. The white LT-1 was rear-ended and totalled at 90,000 miles, while the silver LT-4 was t-boned at 70,000 miles. Both cars were a lot of fun, however we ran into lots of electrical gremlins over the years. The interior plastic becomes very brittle over time, with lots of breaks at the fastener locations (i.e. screw holes, etc.) The LT-4 loved to seep oil from the head and pan gaskets. Best tires over the years were Goodyear GS-D3 - great grip, excellent in rain, and very good wear. I'm 6'3''/250 lbs. and have more head room in my copperhead (top up) than in the C4. My wife and I both agree that the C4s were more difficult to get in/out of than the SRT-10. Also, the cars are way more stable with the painted hard top on. We had both tops for both cars, and rarely drove with them off due to major flex issues.

4129109_0901-med.JPG

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

C4's and C5's are now an awesome bargain. Plus with no worry about ruining a potential classic due to high production numbers you can do any crazy mod you want to personalize it without fear. Plenty of spere parts availible also.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm 6'6" and fit just fine in a GTS with a seat lowering kit. So don't give up yet.

Good luck with your Vette in the meantime!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

C4's and C5's are now an awesome bargain. Plus with no worry about ruining a potential classic due to high production numbers you can do any crazy mod you want to personalize it without fear. Plenty of spere parts availible also.

...And if you can't find the parts you need, your next door neighbor is guaranteed to have em'. :)

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hope it works out for you! It's a beautiful looking ride, that's for sure! How much are they asking for it (if you don't mind my asking)?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey good luck on your decision!

I am not a fan of the polo green, but hey it looks like a clean vette and if you like it, go for it!