went to the track last night and got kicked out !

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time at the track with this car. On the first pass went 11.80 @ 118 with a 1.81 60'
Was then told if I go in the 11's again I would be sent home.
Second pass I sprayed it and went 11.22 @ 128 with a 1.84 60'

I figure with a 1.6 60' on a drag radial it should go in the 10's

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that the NHRA would start re-thinking their rules. 11.99 is not that fast anymore.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that the NHRA would start re-thinking their rules. 11.99 is not that fast anymore.
Yeah, back when they wrote the rules they had old rust buckets with no airbags, abs, srs, traction control and a bunch of other stuff. But you still have to keep it safe for the kids. great times :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man do I appreciate my local track more and more! I ran 11.4 my first pass this summer and they told me I should put on some long pants!! :headbang:
Same track is $20 to run! :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes a finical investment to go 12.3 seconds @ track,but even a larger one to drop one to seconds off that time.

I was staged behind a 8 sec Vette and watched it get to mid track and loose control and roll and break into 2 pieces(rear section separated from car). This crash got me thinking.

As I went faster, safety became a large concern for me. I started to invested in roll bar, fire extinguisher, safety loops, neck brace, fire proof racing suit.

How much is your life worth to you ????

Cudaman :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"10:40's no problem......all I had was my fire jacket."

And since you didn't catch fire, why did you need that?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

One of the sole reasons I'm still active with the street racing crowd. The track rules here locally are too constricitve for real fun, why bother paying $25 to get kicked out for some rule violation when you can play all night for free at a marginally increased risk.

You would think after the FnF craze that they would have modified somewhat by now.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Marginally increased risk"
No safety crew.
No ambulance standing by.
No prepared track. On the street you never know about oil down, dirt, sand, or a pothole.
No timing gear so you know what you did.
No guarantee some idiot won't run the next red light.
Cops with ticket books.
Attorneys who can take everything you own.
Courts who can lock you up.
No assurance the car you are racing won't careen into your path.
Racing late at night when hazzards are not visible.
Little or no safety gear.

I know vipers are powerful street racers, however the risks of playing all night are significantly more than "marginal"

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting kicked out of drag racing event for going to fast is like getting slapped for "moving too quickly" on a first date. You know that you should not do it but it is simply too hard to resist. Good job!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great times ZOSicks! Let alone with your 1st time at the track with the Viper. 1.8 second 60' times are great on stock tires.

My goal last time I went to the track was to get kicked off, but after I was warned on my 1st run, the track got slippery and the times just got worse.:(

With your power, you might think about getting HD halfshafts before you try and run with slicks.

-Dean.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should consider a roll bar. I have one from BTR and don't even notice it in the car. I think Tom has a new version where you can retain your stock seat belts. With some ET streets and a 1.5 60' it would have been a 10.9

I've seen more accidents, and potential accidents (crossovers) at the track than I've EVER seen on the street. Maybe it's just me, but women in gigantic SUV's talking on cell phones scare me more than street racers.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a rollbar for my 99 GTS, but I really want something to look as stock as possible.

1) I noticed that on the BTR roll bar, it has straight verticle supports, where the autoform one crosses itself. What is the main difference between the two?

2) I am 6'4 but have legs that are longer than my friend who is 6'4, so I need the seat all the way back. Can I do this with this set up and still get the headrest portion of the seat to go all the way back or am I going to lose a little bit of room?

3) The autoform bar looks like it comes with a precut center piece. Does the BTR rollbar come with that?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said Bonkers

One of the sole reasons I'm still active with the street racing crowd. The track rules here locally are too constricitve for real fun, why bother paying $25 to get kicked out for some rule violation when you can play all night for free at a marginally increased risk.

Like you could make a sub 12 second pass in that abomination...and you are absolutely correct...$25 better spent toward more Bondo and Krylon...

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said Bonkers

Like you could make a sub 12 second pass in that abomination...and you are absolutely correct...$25 better spent toward more Bondo and Krylon...

ouch...

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said Bonkers

Being in the land of Liberal tree huggers for a short time has made you meeeeaaaan ;)

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are parks for kids to play in with grass on every corner... its about time for more 2 lane strips around

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to drive over 2 1/2 hours each way(with no traffic) to get to a track. I get to wait on line and get 3 runs all night and then drive home. I have more races on the way to and from the track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery