Western Maryland Fall Cruise, Saturday, 11/03/2007

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIRGINIA-MARYLAND REGION

5th Annual Western Maryland Fall Cruise 2007

Cruise Details: The Western Maryland Fall Cruise may likely be one of the last times to get your Viper out before the real cold weather and inclement conditions hit our area. This year’s cruise will start in New Market, Maryland and end at Miyako Restaurant in Frederick, Maryland. Our route will take us through Libertytown, New Windsor, Taneytown, Emmitsburg, Waynesboro, Smithsburg and along Greenbrier State Park on our way back into Frederick. A map along with detailed driving instructions will be provided.

When: Saturday, November 3rd, 2007

Time: Cruise - Meet @ 9:45 AM, Depart promptly @ 10:00 AM
Lunch - 1:00 PM

Meeting Place: Park and Ride off Route 75 East in New Market, Exit 62. If traveling I-70 East, take exit 62, veer off to right (follow signs to Park and Ride), Park and Ride is straight ahead. If traveling I-70 West, take exit 62, come to stop sign and make left turn onto Route 75. Proceed over I-70, Park and Ride is straight ahead.

Note: If you need gas or a restroom stop prior to arriving at meeting location, there are two gas stations located off of Route 144. If you come in I-70 East, make a left instead of a right on Route 75, proceed about ½ mile and make a right on MD 144, you will see the gas stations and shopping centers on both sides of the about 200 yards ahead. Our first leg of the trip will be about 45 miles, you will be able to get Exxon gasoline at this pit stop.

Restaurant: Miyako Japanese Steakhouse

5500 Buckeystown Pike #615
Frederick, MD 21703
TEL: (301) 631-0331

The restaurant is located inside FSK Mall. When entering off of the Route 85 entrance, veer towards the right after the Shell gas station. Take the mall loop past the Sears and Value City. The mall entrance to the restaurant is right next to the Macy’s.

You have the option of attending the cruise and/or the lunch.

In the event of rain, the cruise will be cancelled, but not the lunch. Feel free to come up with your daily driver.

Please PM me if you plan on attending. Please specify number of people and whether you will be doing the cruise and lunch or just lunch.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John - Car is still down south and not running yet. Based on the track record with this whole thing I'm not very optimistic I will make this event either. That will be number 3 missed. Have fun.....

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can hook up with Drummerboy, kcobean and Ken Lally, there are all coming up together.

Thanks for the RSVP.

John- Joe is coming, and one more, John from Leesburg.... we got 5 cars in our NOVA group (7 folks).
We are meeting at Chik - Filet in Sterling @8:30A (where the local car cruise is on Fridays).

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,

I just realized NSRDR is Joe P. I originally didn't notice the red Z06 in his avatar. For a split second I thought it was Rick who lives in Ashburn who also has a bumble bee.

More RSVP rolled in today, we may actually break the record of 24 Vipers...

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,

I just realized NSRDR is Joe P. I originally didn't notice the red Z06 in his avatar. For a split second I thought it was Rick who lives in Ashburn who also has a bumble bee.

More RSVP rolled in today, we may actually break the record of 24 Vipers...

Rick is Mr. Hemi Head...now lives in Bluemont. His car has been in deep storage while he builds an awesome new garage/extension on his home out there in the hills...color me jealous! And Rick never drives his car, I think he's got like 2300 miles on that thing. LOL.

Oh, and RSVP!! I'll just bring extra spark plugs and some tools! :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there John (with my wife). I am also planning on dropping your ramps off today at your house. See everyone tomorrow.
Doug

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John - Wow, 24 plus Vipers. That would be a sight to see but just wouldn't be the same without my having my car there. Have a great cruise guys.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there John (with my wife). I am also planning on dropping your ramps off today at your house. See everyone tomorrow.
Doug

Just walked in the door in and saw the ramps. Hopefully they worked out. Now I'm off the re-drive the cruise to make sure there are no surprises.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely a great cruise! 26 cars, wonderful weather, and fantastic scenery and routes. Thanks John for all your effort, everyone had a great time! Where are all the pics? I saw a lot of cameras in action (forgot mine).

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*testing, testing* hehe new stuff needs to be tested :D

That's cool that you did get your back on time! Was it in time for your birthday or in time for the cruise?

Greg got the car back and I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Route 6

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely wonderful cruise. Great effort John! If this is the last big meeting, it was a great way to end the season.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, looks like I missed out on a great event, due to it my wife having a surprise birthday party and a all day affair for me. Mike

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy belated B-Day Mike. Sorry you couldn't make it, but I'm sure you had a great day anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang