What a deal in Ohio!

wannaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a long time viper enthusiast. I am probably a few months out from purchasing on of my own :cool: . The problem is that I found the Viper of my dreams. It is a yellow 05 SRT-10 brand new. The odometer shows 11 miles. Asking price at the dealership is $69,900. I about s*%t myself. I am not in a position to purchase it at this time and I don't know anyone personally that is is the market, so I thought I would pass it along here. The car is at Nelson Auto Group in Marysville Ohio (just outside Columbus) as of May 15th. It is not at the Dodge dealership but at the exotic/Lamborghini dealership that Nelson owns. http://www.nelsonautogroup.com/ I don't think the car is on the website.

I was also wondering if any Viper owner in the Columbus area would be willing to sit down and show me around their car (I would buy lunch of course). I am itching to purchase one of my own, but I have never ridden in one. Actually I really want to talk about the car and get a good look at one, but a ride sure would be fun :2tu: I have really enjoyed this forum and all the info. Thanks for all the great posts by everyone. I have learned a ton!

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think that's a great deal .... call Bill P at Woodhouse.

Woodhouse is the biggest dealer of Vipers in the nation.

I purchased my car from Bill at Woodhouse. Let me say he is a standup guy (both before and after the sale).

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good deal. Since you have a bit of time to wait, you might be able to even find a better deal. There is a black 05 on the "other" site for $70K and it is brand new as well as a yellow 05 with 4K miles for $65,000. Good luck with your search!

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is an 05 for $70k

That is a good deal. Since you have a bit of time to wait, you might be able to even find a better deal. There is a black 06 on the "other" site for $70K and it is brand new as well as a yellow 05 with 4K miles for $65,000. Good luck with your search!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops. Well an 05. Still a good deal. I would say go with something slightly used and you will even get a better deal. eBay as well as the "other" site's classifieds are great resources.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless his position has changed from a couple of weeks ago, Pemberton is not going to beat that price. And there are even better deals than this out there.

Oh and I'd give this post about a day or two before it disappears, like the post a week or ten days ago about the dealer that was discounting their new '05's $20k off MSRP. Wonder who complains about these kinds of posts and has them deleted, hmmmm.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless his position has changed from a couple of weeks ago, Pemberton is not going to beat that price. And there are even better deals than this out there.

Oh and I'd give this post about a day or two before it disappears, like the post a week or ten days ago about the dealer that was discounting their new '05's $20k off MSRP. Wonder who complains about these kinds of posts and has them deleted, hmmmm.

Wow, finally someone agrees. Every time I mention good deals out there, I offend someone. :rolleyes:

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found this site to be the absolute best. I hope I never recognize any favorites being played. That would take away so much more authenticity than any goodwill towards one that it would make. Please don't be like the rest of the board administrators at other sites. MAINTAIN YOUR INTEGRITY AND LET THE PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS SITE SPEAK THE TRUTHS!

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, finally someone agrees. Every time I mention good deals out there, I offend someone. :rolleyes:

Tiger, I agree with you. :shocked:
For a period of time, and it has been a while back now, you also were one that knocked the Gen IIIs pretty ******* this side of the forum and were taken on by many of us. I personally commend your different approaches in the last few months. For what it is worth, thank you.

My own personal conclusions are(also for what they're worth):
1. I love my black hot rod 2005 SRT10 cost 120+K and climbing, worth?? Lots less
2. The Viper is neither ridiculously unafordable, exotic nor collectable and those that have put together with love and dollars collections of "rare, important" vehicles are doing so as a labor of love. Real value gained will be only determined years from now. Wasn't it the Nelson Auto Group that liquidated their "collection" and put the money to better use (for them)into their Lambo dealership? :(
3. The reason for #2 is the inherent need in all of us to buy the automobile as cheaply as we can, it's a game buyers and sellers play well, and having the communication technology that is able to spread this news quickly and efficiently, i.e. internet :(
4. The dealer must make a profit as must DC. If it's not there for them the product will no longer be available, regardless of how bad 2500 potential buyers want it and regardless if it is a technological wonder. Recall the Avanti. :(
5. There was a rumor that Viper 2007 will not be produced? This doesn't bode well for the membership that not only loves the Viper but lives the Viper lifestyle, like yourself. :(
6. The Viper is simply an idea that is evolving and will either become extinct or evolve into????Anyone remember Mustang II, 1974-1982 Corvettes? :( :( My eyes will tear if all that is left is a bunch of used Vipers slowly ever so slowly deteriorating and depreciating in value until everyone who wants one can have one. :bonker:
7. I love my black hot rod 2005 SRT10 :) :cool: :)
8. It is my first and last Viper. :( :( :(
9. Gen I/II/III are all bad a$$. :2tu: :usa:
10. Most of the forum participants will be thinking good riddence when I no longer put IMHO and my .02. :(

Of course, Tiger/Keith, the above is IMHO. Peace, love, drive safe and I look forward to reading your posts on the GenIII forums.
Larry :cool:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiger, I agree with you. :shocked:
For a period of time, and it has been a while back now, you also were one that knocked the Gen IIIs pretty ******* this side of the forum and were taken on by many of us. I personally commend your different approaches in the last few months. For what it is worth, thank you.

Thank you Larry. Yes, I used to knock the SRT's but I realized after reading some of the things I typed, it could be taken a lot worse. There is no more quote on quote "hating". Do not get me wrong, I love the GEN III's. They are great cars.

Do I like the GEN II more?
YES

But, is the GEN III a great car to have in addition or at a point?
DEFINITELY!! God willing I will have one in a few years. White Commerative, here I come. :D

They are both great cars in their own respect and after all, I love this board so I can not hate! The people here have been a great help to me and I hope I have returned the favor as well. A Viper is a Viper. :cool:

Now on the point of why I am involved in the pricing so much. I think that everyone can agree that they want to save money and it is that simple. I have spoken with several members that say, "wow I wish I knew about the board before I purchased" or "I wish I had spoken to you first." I feel that we should try to eliminate those statements and allow people to be aware of the best deals out there. After all, I remember buying my car. I love it but could I have gotten a better deal? No doubt about it, but I have learned and now I search a ton before I buy. I just bought a new car and it took me 3 months (mostly debating colors choice!!) but I got the deal I wanted!! Believe me, when you take delivery it is all worth it and besides, searching is half the fun. :D

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the one who posted the $20K off window on several '05's. I am not sure why this type of info must be taken off the board...it benifits the members. If other dealers don't like it then DROP YOUR PRICE...that is free market at play. I have had 3 posts removed in the last week! I asked today if someone had the e-mail for Gary Johnson (Dodge Road Racing Manager) on the Comp Coupe Forum...and someone removed the request in less than an hour- although I know exactly who it was. I am having trouble with my CC and have been getting nowhere so I needed to step it up- I was refused his number. I guess I am just a trouble maker- although I have bought over $1.1 million (including 3 Vipers) in DC cars for my company and myself in the past 3 years...maybe that new fleet of Chevy trucks and a new ZO6 Vett aren't looking so bad.
I guess I am not a valued customer. I expect this post to be removed as well......

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand why a dealer who is a board sponsor and pays to advertise here would expect that the monitors not allow other dealers to post their deals in the forums for free. But posts by board members about other dealers' deals shouldn't violate that rule unless there is evidence that it's being done by someone affiliated with a dealer or otherwise to circumvent the rule (which wouldn't apply to this post or the earlier one). If forum members can't share their knowledge of the best deals on the very car they're here to talk about that's rather absurd IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viperkim