What a difference a cat makes!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops, I accidentally lost my cats yesterday. :shocked: All I can say, is, WOW. The car is so much cooler inside, and with the Mopar exhaust, its loud, but not unbearable. Thanks Ron for the pipes.
:cool:
Hopefully the new PCM gets here soon, so the check engine light will go away.
:)

268Copperhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received delivery of my new Corsa Cat back system. I can't wait to get it installed. But I have to go away for the weekend. Without my car.

But I am stoked about getting them installed next week.

OP
OP
S

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John- The car had the Mopar street exhaust on it when I bought it, otheriwse I'd have just gotten the race setup.
It definately pops and makes some noise under acceleration. The popping and occasional whiff of gas should be reduced with the new PCM, which should lean out the car a bit.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE: "Oops, I accidentally lost my cats yesterday. All I can say, is, WOW. The car is so much cooler inside, and with the Mopar exhaust, its loud, but not unbearable. Thanks Ron for the pipes.

Hopefully the new PCM gets here soon, so the check engine light will go away."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Is the exhaust just louder or does the car feel faster without the cats? Without any back pressure have you noticed any drop in low end performance off the line?

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
What size pipe are using?

I had 3" straight-through from the collector back on my GenI, and I do as well on my GenIII now... Vortex cones helped somehow with the noise.

OP
OP
S

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie- The exhaust is a good bit louder, and of course, when its louder, it feels faster.
;)
I still have back pressure, since there are still mufflers on the car.

Zorro- The pipes are from RSI, and bolted right up to the stock mounting points, so I didn't bother to measure the diameter. Sorry.

I dig the sound as you wind it up, but then again, I like 'em loud
:laugh:
If anyone's at the you know what event Sunday, I'll be happy to fire it up.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam glad you like them. I was happy until the greed, er need for power consumed me :)

OP
OP
S

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron- I hear ya, I'm debating on holding off on buying a bigger house while the market settles, and buying a Paxton instead...
:laugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32