What about THIS model?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Some time ago I bought this garage display from Ebay, and because I could get a shipping discount when I bought two I did so (one with a blue/white stripes GTS, one with a red/white stripes GTS: not a Final Edition Viper because it has the wrong rims :confused: ).
But anyways, since I have those two I bought myself an aftermarket garage tool set from GMP Diecast, and put all the items in one display. There's a floor jack smaller than a 1 dollar coin (when the bar is in the upright position), and when you move that bar down as it is in the picture below you can actually lift a scale model up with it :eek: :p
Apart from that there's an oil catch pan (on the small cabinet next to the drilling machine), mechanics creeper (against the wall next to the stack of wheels), a set of green oil cases (next to the black and white floor jack), 2 ramps (next to the stack of wheels and the mechanics creeper), and finally 4 jack stands (the GTS model is resting on them). The rest of the tools and equipment you see came with the model display kit itself.

Now do you guys see the tiny Sean Roe supercharger on top of the engine? I built it totally from scratch with the aid of two-component glue.
Starting with the bottom plate and the tiny strut between the centre section of the unit and the smooth tubes, they are pieces of... paper.
Centre section of the unit (silver and red) consists of a few very thin sheet styrene plates glued together.
The inlet tubes next to the centre section were once part of toothpicks, the tiny red tube in between the strut and the centre section, and the silver tube in between both intake hoses are pieces of electrical wire with the copper still being in place for added strength.
I am thinking of adding some of the wiring in the future, made out
of stretched (plastic) sprue.
And here comes the big finale:
You see the red smooth tubes? They were once part of a.... scale 1:72 AIM-9
Sidewinder missile! How about that for a power boost, lol :p .
Next to that (as you might see in some of the pictures, little red spots on the silver areas) the paintjob was a pain in the asp to get done right :crazy:

Enough with the description, here's the picture for all of you to enjoy :2tu: :

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get it on the dyno already? :laugh:

Nah I'm still saving money for a pair of HRE rims :crazy: :D Those rims next to the small white cabinet come from an other GTS and the previous owner changed the original ones with the wide spokes that belong on such a Final Edition GTS :confused:

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buiding the Roe Supercharger is fun... Had one on one of my 1:18 scale models I sold... :laugh:

But that display is totally unrealistic. You know what's missing? Some six-packs of beer somewhere... ;)

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. :2tu: The work to build that was incredible.
One thing - you need to modify the header on the floor behind the Viper to be for a 5 port exhaust.... ;)

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. :2tu: The work to build that was incredible.
One thing - you need to modify the header on the floor behind the Viper to be for a 5 port exhaust.... ;)

I'd need to know the size of the V8 engine they came from (down to scale 1:43), if they don't match somehow to the headers of a Viper I'd need to do some really extensive resizing :p

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Now print up some teeny pictures of Vipers and put them on the "wall" behind the car - and maybe cover up at least one of those chebbys... ;)

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Now print up some teeny pictures of Vipers and put them on the "wall" behind the car - and maybe cover up at least one of those chebbys... ;)

I need someone to make me some good ones that are not all blurry when you shrink them down to that size :eek:

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got me a new idea :laugh:
Can someone please measure their headers (length, width, pipe thickness and all other sizes) for me so I can try to make some myself?
And if you can measure your cylinder heads too I can make it look even better :D
Also, a set of measures for a twin turbo set would be great to have. Heck now that I'm on a question spree I best make a wish list of the things that I want measures of :D :

headers
cylinder heads
twin turbo system
some various exhaust systems
rollcage
K&N filters
springs and shocks of any brand
cams
cranks
full H*nnessey bodykit

6 way view of everything with their respective sizes would be great :2tu:

Latest posts