What am I...a rock star?

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer to that is, no, I'm not a rock star. But I might as well be with all the attention I've been getting when I'm out with the Viper! I'm a first time Viper owner- it's a black 95 RT/10. I live in Vermont, and the car was shipped to me a couple of months ago in the dead of winter. It's been sitting in my garage since it arrived (which gave me time to really Zaino the !#@! out of it!!) Anyway the snow has finally melted, and today was warm and sunny, so I figured this would be a good time to take it out since the roads are bare and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I drove around in it for about 2 hours, everywhere from the interstate to back country roads (only the paved ones), to city driving (er, town driving- we don't really have any big cities here). In the time I was out, I must have had at least a dozen people drive by and give me the thumbs up, or a huge wave, or something. Once when I was crusing along in the right hand lane, one guy literally hung out the passenger window and screamed YEAAAAHHH!!!! as he went by. I also saw a youg kid bouncing up and down in his seat poiting and doing the thumbs up like a maniac. So... is this a common experience for Viper owners? I'm guessing "yes".
smile.gif
When I stopped to get gas, a small crowd formed. I'd be curious to hear any similar stories that you guys might have... the whole experience was kind of surreal (in a good way). O yeah I also had 3 different cops, on 3 different occassions, pull behind me, follow for a while, then leave.

- Buzzzz

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I was out cruising one day,and a car pulled along side of me,and stayed there a while,I looked over and the passenger had a camera hanging out the window taking pics.
It is definately a magnet.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got some KK dougnuts the other night and there were 8 people standing around the RT.

Everybody allways wants to "hear" it, which is bad cause they sound like a UPS truck.
smile.gif

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today,pulled up to a VA toll booth...the driver in front gets out and makes a fang sign with his hand,pays the toll and drives off.I pull up and the attendant said that the toll was paid by the driver in front and since he paid too much here is the change!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Most of the time, being married, I just look straight ahead. You know how us married guys are, ...instead of having a list of honeys to do, I have a honey do list.

But now and then when my head is in the scan mode, and I notice those in cars around me, it is clear that people are always looking at the Viper, even in jaded So Cal. There will only be 14,000 of our style cars made, total for all time. It will always be a classic.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzzzz,
Welcome to Viper reality.
smile.gif

When I picked up my car with the wife in Philadelphia on the way back to NJ I was at a light next to two older ladies.
My wife said: "The passenger told the driver that's a Viper nice car!"
When filling up in NJ I pull up to the pump and tell this guy I will pump my own (No Self Service in NJ) when him and this other guy say they don't work here they just want to see my Viper.
Just be on the look out for the wacky ricers.
I think that was a cartoon when I was a kid.
laugh.gif

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buzzz,
Where in Vermont do you live? I have a house in Northfield and travel there whenever I need to "recharge my batteries". One day I am going to bring the Viper along for some cruzin through the green mountains. What a great place!

Mike

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
a couple of years back, I got my nose busted by someone who suckered punch me. I had a 1994 rt/10. heh! So I decided to get a GTS. No more sucker punches now. I got windows! heh!

You will get the good with the bad. But mostly good! Congrats!

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike I'm in Burlington. I just sent you a PM... let me know if you wanna stop by sometime. Even the cows look twice.

- Buzzzz

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzzz- Why don't you join the Viper Club. It will give all of us New England Regional guys a reason to take a day and drive through Vermont. I would love a tour from a resident.

Here's a story for you.

Last fall my wife and I took a ride up to North Conway, NH. It's a small town in the middle of the White Mountains, with tons of "Factory Outlets" (you know that). It is time for dinner so we decide to go into this Italian Resteraunt.I parked on a side street, put the top and windows on, locked it up. We finish up and my wife notices a shop next door she want to go in. I say ok you go, I will take the top off the car and drive it around. So I pull up to the resteraunt and park out front. I am not there 5 minutes and out comes our waitress with her friend. Beautifull woman tall, long legs, long black hair. Can we have a ride in your car?
Sorry my wife is in the shop next door. Will be out any minute. If I get caught giving you a ride, it's curtains for me. Off she went with a big frown on her face. But my wife was happy, rewarded me later.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,
being a married guy, how true!!!

Still if you leave the house be prepared to have you
and your cars pic taken at least once while your out.

JIM

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last trip out in the GTS with my wife. Sitting at a light, two young attractive ladies sitting in a Honda to my left start waving and giving me the thumbs up. Cruise around the lake for 1/2 hour or so. Come back and am sitting at the same light to go home. Two different but equally attractive young ladies waving at me at and waving at me to roll the window down. They love this car.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all true from the kids giving the sign to "spin the tires", Photo shots and more. They all seem polite and ask if they can get the camera out etc. Attention, attention and more. I was stopped by a lady that wanted to hire me to drive he 9 year old to his Birthday party as the other children stood out front. I did it at no charge and was paid in a hundred different ways when the children gathered around w/ big smiles. Yes you can start to feel special so remember what it took to get their and always be kind. The fun starts today

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the kids and their reactions are the best. No matter what age they can all identify the car and do the "dance of joy" when they see it.
If I pick up my 12 year old from school, the kids circle around the car and it causes quite a stir. I got so many "I wish I had my camera" quotes that I now carry a Polaroid in the car and if a kid wants a pic of him/her next to the car I take one and give it them on the spot.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i can't figure out how to post a quote.
Anyway, If what happened to Jeff ever happens to me, there's a good chance the wife is walking home. I'll figure out something when i come home 2 days later. Alien abduction or something to that effect.
devil.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Written by Jeff:
Here's a story for you.

Last fall my wife and I took a ride up to North Conway, NH. It's a small town in the middle of the White Mountains, with tons of "Factory Outlets" (you know that). It is time for dinner so we decide to go into this Italian Resteraunt.I parked on a side street, put the top and windows on, locked it up. We finish up and my wife notices a shop next door she want to go in. I say ok you go, I will take the top off the car and drive it around. So I pull up to the resteraunt and park out front. I am not there 5 minutes and out comes our waitress with her friend. Beautifull woman tall, long legs, long black hair. Can we have a ride in your car?
Sorry my wife is in the shop next door. Will be out any minute. If I get caught giving you a ride, it's curtains for me. Off she went with a big frown on her face. But my wife was happy, rewarded me later.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to the grocery store yesterday and took the viper because it wsa so nice out. A small crowd gathered around the car when I pulled into a spot. One lady came up and said that when she heard a loud car from down the street she knew it had to be a viper. I ended up talking to people for 15 minutes, letting people sit inside and peek under the hood. One guy asked if I thought it was faster than a vette. Ha, uuuhhh yeahh.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting gas the other day and this guy comes up to me and says nice car, is it a jaguar? I say, no, it's a viper. Oh cool he says.. then he asks what I'm doing tonite. I say hanging out with my girlfriend. He asks if she likes girls.. I was like what? He says see those 3 girls inside there, they are all ******** and....
well, he went into graphic detail of what they just got done doing and how later on tonite they were "going back for more" and I was welcome to stop by... yikes..

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzzzz:

When I used to run with the Vintage Club (former life) we did the Mt. Equinox Hillclimb every year. Fantastic event BTW! If you ever get the New England guys up your way, make sure you direct them to pass Manchester oen Route (for most of them it may not really be ON the way). That "scenic" drive (I can't ever remember looking more than 100 feet ahead of me setting up for every apex) up the mountain (and down) is well worth the trip (although it is a LOT more satisfying when the road is cleared). I might even make the drive from down here if they were all going to pass through Manchester Center!

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I spent about 2 more hours on the road with the RT/10 today. In addition to the usual thumbs up, I saw at least two camera flashes from inside two different vehicles, someone pulled up next to me on the interstate and yelled "HOW MUCH? HOW MUCH?", and one woman passenger stared directly at me and sucked on two of her fingers when driving by. Yeah, this car has magnetism alright.

- Buzzzz

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right after I bought the GTS my girlfriend and I went out for dinner and a cruise. She said, "I really like the car, I just don't like how all the other girls look at you when you drive it."

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
a couple of years back, I got my nose busted by someone who suckered punch me. I had a 1994 rt/10. heh! So I decided to get a GTS. No more sucker punches now. I got windows! heh!

You will get the good with the bad. But mostly good! Congrats!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

=======================================================

I remembered when that happened. I was really angry at that guy.........

Now, I think you should forgive the poor man......and put it in your past. Forgive now.

You never know when you'll leave here. Get rid of any anger you have now. Don't take it with you.

Brother Bob.

OP
OP
B

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff- yeah Burlington is a great area to ride around in. I'd love to have the New Englander's up sometime. Send me a PM.

- Buzzzz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302