What are the normal Bolt On Dyno and ET #'s?

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried searching but couldn't find much. What would a normal 97 GTS do with Intake/longtubes/catback on the dyno, and at the track, considering a decent driver. The car made 410/464 stock, and I'm curious how much the intake exhaust will help it out.

Sorry if it is a repost, I just couldn't find much.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....What would a normal 97 GTS do with Intake/longtubes/catback on the dyno, and at the track, considering a decent driver. The car made 410/464 stock, and I'm curious how much the intake exhaust will help it out. ....

Depends on the length of the track!

The mods you state should add +50HP to a sound 96.5 - 98 motor

At the strip, tires and flywheel and gears and altitude matter, but you should hit Mid-to-high 11s with a good driver....

["Intake" to some means smoothe tubes and filters; or Airbox; and/or honed intake manifold or TBs. Depending, the HP can be +10 ~~ +25hp]

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the length of the track!

The mods you state should add +50HP to a sound 96.5 - 98 motor

At the strip, tires and flywheel and gears and altitude matter, but you should hit Mid-to-high 11s with a good driver....

Haha, yea sorry, meant 1/4 mile. Is that 50 RWHP?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried searching but couldn't find much. What would a normal 97 GTS do with Intake/longtubes/catback on the dyno, and at the track, considering a decent driver. The car made 410/464 stock, and I'm curious how much the intake exhaust will help it out.

Sorry if it is a repost, I just couldn't find much.

I have a 97 GTS with the following mods:
-Headers
-High flow cats
-Corsa catback
-T&D 1.7 rr's
-Honed TB's
-Factory Ten carbon fiber airbox
-Smooth tubes
-K&N filters

Dyno'd 460HP and 490TQ

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have any dyno numbers for my car yet... Hopefully soon.

98 GTS. Only mod: 3" B&B header back exhaust without Cats.
Car went 11.76 @ 118mph with a 1.64 60'

Seems these cars are very driver dependant at the drag strip. I see a lot of stock cars going 12.2-12.40s.... :/

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 GTS with the following mods:
-Headers
-High flow cats
-Corsa catback
-T&D 1.7 rr's
-Honed TB's
-Factory Ten carbon fiber airbox
-Smooth tubes
-K&N filters

Dyno'd 460HP and 490TQ

Good info, thanks :D.

Seems these cars are very driver dependant at the drag strip. I see a lot of stock cars going 12.2-12.40s.... :/

I hear ya, good time for sure! That is honestly kinda sad for me though, my white T/A went 11.6@117 AFTER heads/cam/exhaust/stall. Looks like I was on the wrong platform!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it makes a whole heck of a difference, but are these numbers with power shifting or just quick regular shifting. Should be worth a tenth or two....

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

holy crap, 1.64? street tires? thats a great track and awesome driving! My next run after my 12.0@119 with a 1.98 60' I got a 1.81 60' but it was a stock 66k mile clutch and couldnt let me get into third but it was an EASY 11 sec run.

Thats awesome man

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is always driven with drag radials. They are "dot" tires, but they sure aren't those ****ty pilot sports.

Pass was made with normal quick shifting. I don't feel comfortable power shifting this car with the stock shifter. Power shifting is generally worth 2 tenths of a second...

Car has 12,000 miles btw.

Video ;)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Xe8ObT1no[/media]

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what I thought... DR's are great, I wouldnt roll anyother way... only reason I was on street tires was I went to the track in IL on the way back from flying out to ATL from CO to buy the car and just stopped in CHI where I was born on the way back and decided to hit up the track in the meantime, lol

what dr do you run?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People and the cars vary... Lots of variables involved, like weather, track, track prep, altitude, etc... Some folks have run high 11's in a bone stock GTS. The difference in your Camaro running 11's and a viper running 11's, is adding twin turbos on that same stock viper motor will make 1,000HP, while a Camaro will take a lot more to get anywhere close to 1,000. Doing normal heads, cam and the typical stuff will instantly put a viper in the 10's with little effort.

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Camaro for me. Bone stock out of about 5 runs it went consistent 12.4's at 117, best being a [email protected]. 60's were horrible, just couldn't get it to leave, it would either bog, or wheel hop like crazy. The car won't ever see the track really again, I was just curious what it would MPH, not disappointed there.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are very normal times for a novice. I've run a lot of 12.0s at 119-120 on OEM Pilots. My best was a relative fluke - but a repeatable one. I clicked off 3 back-to-back high 11's on 4 year old MXX3's on a perfect air day at 600' with no cooldown. I don't think I've ever gotten much below a 1.9x 60'. (I don't relish the thought of pretzel'd half shafts)

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Camaro for me. Bone stock out of about 5 runs it went consistent 12.4's at 117, best being a [email protected]. 60's were horrible, just couldn't get it to leave, it would either bog, or wheel hop like crazy. The car won't ever see the track really again, I was just curious what it would MPH, not disappointed there.

Oh shoot, my bad... Guess it was your T/A? It's all good. And whenever you wheel hop, let off the throttle. Wheel Hop is what breaks the half shafts. Lowering the car will help with that dramatically.

OP
OP
T

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely a novice in this car, the T/A was so much easier to get down the track.

Oh shoot, my bad... Guess it was your T/A? It's all good. And whenever you wheel hop, let off the throttle. Wheel Hop is what breaks the half shafts. Lowering the car will help with that dramatically.

Haha, no prob! Yea, I've heard all about wheel hop. I was out of it pretty quick!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang