What Brand Stainless Steel Brake Lines are Shaped like the OEM ones

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than looking cool and of course the lack of sponginess, can those big brake kits use the Gen III factory hoses instead of the stainless lines? Are the connections on the frame of a Gen II different or not the right length? Alternatively can the Gen II hoses be used or are they too short due to the larger rotor or some other issue? Upgrading the brakes has been on my plate for some time, but I'd love to learn about any issues and solve them before taking the plunge.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a place about an hours drive from me which will make any auto line you need while you wait. If you know the length of the line you want and what type of fitting l would be happy to get them made up for you and ship them over I will check paperwork for costings. :)

Check out the spec :)
http://www.thinkauto.com/tfe.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are already made, its just a matter of finding out who makes them. The stainless lines already have preformed bends in them to allow the side to side movement and a good angle of attachment at the caliper.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John, I just checked down in the garage, the Ipso lines part numberIPS 186FR do have the 45 degree bend on the banjo :)

The make is Stopflex DOT 571.106

Reaction score
if it helps at all Kng Snk we are direct with goodridge, actually about 20 minutes from them, they make all our replacement hoses and such, and our brake line kits, if there is a certain style you are looking for, we should be able to get it made, we may need a oem line or the certain style line you are looking for to go by, but lenght and ends are usually not a problem if its something they keep sir, jsut let me know if I can help.

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for the input Tony :)

not a problem sir, glad to help in any way, we have done the oil lines and ps lines for vipers for a good while, I jsut never advertised as we stay so busy with the others, but its getting
to the point to where we can relax a touch, well sometimes LOL
but yessir, if they can , alot of times the fittings are an issue, but we usually are able to work it out, we have been with them for years, and made some really great friends there.
they make our lifetime oil lines which have been so succesful with the rams, sorry to ramble, its slow today LOL, gotta go get some lunch, but if need be,we can give it a shot, jsut let us knwo

thanks!
Sawyer

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The line split at the seam, it without a doubt caused the wreck. You could see the line was stressed the way it attached. I am looking for a better way to attach the brake line to the big brake upgrade. This is tricky because of how the oem line attaches to the caliper. Really I need to see an SRT vipers front brake line to see how its routed and mimic it for a gen 2.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did the broken brake line cause the wreck or was it a product of the wreck?

Great question, we'll probably never know. I don't recall but what brand of brake lines were on that wreck, does anyone know? :dunno:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question, we'll probably never know. I don't recall but what brand of brake lines were on that wreck, does anyone know? :dunno:

I bought that car. I did not recognize the brake lines when I removed them. It was the brake lines that caused the accident. The owner is an up front person and described the accident to me.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 Viper are Stoptech 950.63007 front
I'm told by the stoptech rep they include the brackets to make them sit like factory lines so they don't but the hard angle on the hose at the caliper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4