What did your viper cost you?

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious,What did your viper cost you?I don't mean what you gave the seller.But what it cost you with your spouse. :eek: That is to make it fair. :rolleyes:

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A good life, No seriously As soon as i brought it home she says " I'm next, right? " As in replacing her suv. I said sure honey. :rolleyes:

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cost me many, many, many, many pairs of shoes.....every time I spin the tires she buys another pair!! Hell we need another garage just to store the shoes. ;)

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My viper is on its way here, so I don't even have possession of it yet. BUT.... here's what the wifey has planned..... 1. repaint the living room and dining area; 2. a pool in the back yard.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A positive pregnancy test 12 hours after delivery. First Viper...first child. This all unfolded less than 30 days ago. I suppose I am lucky that things progressed as they did, because, had I learned of the pregnancy first I would have backed out of the car due to a sense of responsibility.

Too late now :)

Kurt

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was when the 96 GTS came around, my child support went up. I know that's what did it. I should have let her new husband drive it. This then caused my lawyer to find out about it and more, so I wonder if that had anything to do with my bill. Yes the car did cost more than I thought.

Skip

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky to be married. I wish I was married so I could have spent 42K on dinette sets and bathrooms...instead of a second Viper.

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt
What you need to do is take the little one for rides when he/she will not sleep.Tell the wife it is to help her so she can get rest.So you A:score pts with wife ;) B:get to drive viper :laugh: c:Bonding time one on one with little one :2tu:

Vincent/Ledfoot
It has cost me a long painfull list but hey its worth every $ and energy
A-90%house paint/floors(done)
B-3 bathrooms remodel(Marble/Granite in process)
C-inground pool(spring)
D-new counter top in kit Corian(done)
E-she is looking for her next suv/car/mini van(????)
F-I had to stop smoking
G-My 30th b day present
H-Trip to jamaica

I have already started the next steps her sunroom and new car/suv hope like hell not a mini van again.I am doing this in search and awaiting the new coupe.Also tring to get zoning and her to allow pool house with a little oversized 3 car garage :D

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dang, Jamie, I thought I had it bad! :p I guess a pool and repaint (only about 30% house) is not as bad as your list. Good job stopping smoking though!!!! She cares for you, man!

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must be one lucky SOB!
I have never had to bribe my wife of 20+ years.
Th only complaint she has ever had was when I sold the 96 GTS. She loved that car.
To this day she will occasionaly ask if I could find another one. :2tu:

redsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just mentioned to my wife I was thinking about buying a
two-seat sports car. Two months later she came home from work and asked me why I parked my '99 Toyota 2-wheel drive
truck in the garage. I told her, "I didn't, I traded it in
on a sports car.". She said "No, your kidding right?". I said, go and look. She came back. "A Viper! You bought a Viper? I thought you were talking about a Toyota Celica!"

Honest to God, that's how it played.

She is very understanding (like the time (last year) when I came home after meeting some friends from South Africa for lunch and mentioned that I had booked an elephant hunt in Zimbabwe. Came back with 110 lbs of ivory!).

Still, I need to buy her a new car (thinking Toyota Supra).

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did it in reverse, went and bought her a 500k condo on the ocean then bought
my first viper. on my second viper now and looking to buy my third by spring.
since getting the viper she does seem to go to the beach more, lol. :headbang:

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My viper came in went to pick it up brought it home put in
the garage Wife said what's that? I said a car! she said where is mine? Went shopping got here a car all is good!

That's the short version.

redsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hirohava,

No I am not joking about the ivory. Before you get excited you may want to consider these facts:

1) There are more elephants in Africa than there are elk in North America.

2) Zimbabwe has ~80,000 resident elephants with another 15,000 transitory jumbos that travel between Botswana and Zimbabwe. Of these 15,000 animals the government allocates 1% for sport hunting. This brings in over $8 million US a year, much of which goes directly to the various tribes whose communal lands have the hunting concessions and to conservation programs to help maintain and enhance the elephant, lion, cheeta, and black rhino populations.

3) African countries where sport hunting has been totally banned have seen the worst decline in elephant populations due to poaching by the various tribes and lack of funding for game management and enforcement.

In any event, more elephants have to be killed due to human/elephant conflicts than due to the 150 or so that are taken by sport hunters.

Sorry for the soapbox, but it is frustrating to encounter so many people who have been mislead by animal rights groups without considering the data.

jcmacsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I really have it GOOD! My wife starts seeing magazines on the new Viper at the house all over the place, so she says to me is there something you want to tell me? Are we getting a New Viper? I said yes. She said will I like it? I said yes. She said okay and that was it. I did buy her a Prowler in 1999 for her birthday but that was 5 years ago. So I guess I pre-paid! Of all the cars out now that we could own I have to say we both love the 2004 SRT-10 it is the most complete car I have ever owned. On another thread I read that people aren't as passionate about the new vipers, well I do just stare at it sometimes (ok more than I want to admit) in the garage and think Damn this car is beautiful and I can not wait for summer again!

sal3coach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I got the Viper she told me I had to order a C6 Corvette automatic for my daily driver because she didn't think my knee could take the shifting(waiting for a new left knee from Santa or someone).

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
... Girlfriend hated the car is the beginning but now she thinks it is okay.

Time to find a new girlfriend! :)

Hum....

Here's the "LITMUS Test" for your SECOND LOVE ... will she wear this?

5122red-thong-wht-viper.jpg

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A doctor examined a woman, took the husband aside, and said, "I don't like the looks of your wife at all."

"Me neither doc," said the husband. "But she's a great cook and really good with the kids.