What Do I NEED to do if i want a 2008 Red Coupe w/White Stripes

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I would like some clarification on this issue. Is it your collective understanding that once you buy a "limited edition" car that the manufacturer will never again produce a car of that color? I don't agree with that. At most, a limited edition would be for that model year. As for 2002 Red with White stripes, that was a completely different model and should not come into play at all. If in a model year someone got a limited edition car with a badge on the car and someone else got a same color car with no badge, then there is a difference in the vehicles and the exclusivity is maintained.

Suppose that Dodge had information that Red with White would sell 500 units, and that could keep up production of the Viper for some time.....would your position change? To me, this smacks of protectionism from those who own the car and it is not in the best keeping of the spirit of the club which should help promote the car, not just the current owners of specific models. Dodge can sell cars, just not one that I own.

2008 is different than 2006 which is different than 2002. Dodge did a nice thing by asking if owners would be upset. While people are allowed to have their own view on it, (and I would not fault them for having a contrary view), I have to call them like I see them. Flame me if you must, but I respectfully disagree with those above.

I don't think we are that far apart on our viewpoint, I stated earlier that I owned a red and white 02, and was not at all upset that they offered it in 06 (when they changed the body style), in fact I liked the idea enough that I purchased one. I think that if Dodge makes a committment to create a "special edition" car for which they charge a premium price, then they should respect the people that spend the extra money for that car (which they are doing). I for one look forward to the time when they change the body style and again offer it in red & white, because if I am still fortunate enough to be above ground, there will be one in my garage. :headbang:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
different model year, different hood, different engine

Right on, Sylvan. In fact, there is so much different with the 2008 that some are calling it a Gen IV. The Red/White and Blue/White are classic Viper colors. To restrict them doesn't do Viper any good. As PatentLaw said, perhaps it helps individual owners?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, does everyone think that they should have offered blue and white every year since 96 as well....the decision to make these colors "sacred" was done when they designated the blue and white the "First Edition", and the red and white the "Final Edition". The ground work was laid, all they did was ask the opinion of the Regional Presidents, and they overwhelming agreed to keep them "special". The bottom line is buy what you want when you want it, if anybody wants these combinations (or any other combination), they are easily created and in most cases cheaper than from the factory. All of the big dealers are capable of painting the stripes on in any color you want.

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also agree with Paviper 100%. No matter how much is different with the car Dodge is NOT calling it a Gen IV, so there sould be no red/white or blue/white 2008. However,I do think it was poor judgement on Dodge's part to show the car in a color that would not be availabe.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1997 GTS B/W
2004 SRT10 White Mamba
2006 SRT10 VCA Coupe