what do you do/use to get wheel wells showroom new?

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
any tips on getting my wheel wells to look like it has never seen the street?
I love that look (clean).
Mucho thanks,
Marc

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the same issue but I have noted that the Gen III wheel wells are whitish with age. My Gen I never did that. I will take the wheels off soon for a good cleaning and find out if that helps.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did my annual wheel and wheel well detail. After using paper towels, q-tips, brushes, etc. to remove all grease from areas near the zerks, I just use Speed Shine from Griots Garage & a small terry towel to clean all the surfaces & parts in the well. Anything that won't come off with that gets the old bug n tar remover treatment.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"303 Aerospace Protectant", available from marine supply stores. I've used it on my cars for years on all the rubber seals, gaskets and underhood black plastic. Cleans, protects and shines without leaving greasy ... I know, I sound like an ad.

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clean wheel wells make the car look new. I always wash out the wheel wells with car wash soap and water then Ill dry the wheel wells with a leaf blower.When the wells are dry Ill wipe the wheel well with Griots Vinyl and rubber dressing wipes, this gives the wheel well a brand new look. If the wheel wells are really beat up spray the wheel wells with Griots undercarriage spray.Hopes this helps you

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wash them everytime ya wash the car. they are much easier to keep clean and looking new that way.

the a little bug and tar remover,soap and water, and a clean rag with wd40 or any tire shine product on it to wipe down when all done. justy make sure it isnt wet, just wiped down.

but the key is to do it often. i do it everytime i wash the car.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like plum. When I'm going to display the car, I spray the wheel wells with WD-40. Keep it off the tires and brakes. Makes it easier to clean the next time, and leaves a nice dark soft satin finish.

If you feel especially neat you might throw a towel over your tire to keep the WD-40 off.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any tips on getting my wheel wells to look like it has never seen the street?
Clean it with the latest wheel well cleaner available at your local automotive chain. And never drive it again. That way they'll look like they never saw the street, literally. Sorry, couldn't resist! :rolleyes:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow you guys r way way off.

Use that spray wheel shine. I do it everytime I wash the car.
Down fall is that it leaves greasy spots on the driveway for a few days.
Just so you guys know what i'm taking about its the stuff that comes out in a foam.

Takes me about 2 minutes to do all 4 and they look showroom clean .
Try it, you won't be dissapointed. Oh ya, look for the cheapest bottle, they all work the same.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plastic sort of oxidizes. My wheels wells were turning kinda whitish.

I used meguiars mirror glaze #9 swirl remover. It's a mild abrasive for taking fine scratches and scuffs out of clear coats and paint...it works here...just have to use a little elbow grease and "polish" it out.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Polish??????????meguiars mirror glaze???????

Go buy a $3.00 bottle of tire shine foam and save the swirl remover for the paint. Not only do they look new after using the foam spray but they leave alittle greasy residue so dirt wipes right off the next time you wash the car

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polish??????????meguiars mirror glaze???????

Go buy a $3.00 bottle of tire shine foam and save the swirl remover for the paint. Not only do they look new after using the foam spray but they leave alittle greasy residue so dirt wipes right off the next time you wash the car

yeah if you want black goop all over everything...do what ever you like...swirl remover worked for me.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah if you want black goop all over everything...do what ever you like...swirl remover worked for me.

[/QUOTE]

Your right what ever works...................
No black goop anywhere, its a foam that wipes right off. I didn't say belt dressing......

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used orange cleaner back in my show days. It leaves a film of oily residue that makes it easy to clean. I also makes it more easy to remove burnt rubber from the dragstrip.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spray wheel shine is right. I use the no touch foaming Armor all on the wheel well plastic and voila! Good as new!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456