What do you guys use to delete the cats?

black pearl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a search and could not find anything. what im asking is if there is a company out there that makes replacement pipes for were the cats go. or am i gonna have to get my welder and cutter out?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a muffler shop can cut and flare a pipe for you easily and cheaply

then just cut and weld or bolt it in.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a muffler shop can cut and flare a pipe for you easily and cheaply

then just cut and weld or bolt it in.

Yep what Phil said, I went to exhaust shop told them cut me two pieces of pipe xx" length and that was that.

Last edited:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More of the same from me...

I bought some 3" SS tube and welded it to the flex pipe with an adapter fitting. It runs perfectly into the Corsa cat back. Wired in some O2 sims and the car runs and sounds so much better now. My next step is changing out the manifolds and getting everything Jet Hot coated.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i did a search and could not find anything. what im asking is if there is a company out there that makes replacement pipes for were the cats go. or am i gonna have to get my welder and cutter out?

If you can put up with the ratty-hammery bacfire sound, and 8.0L of stink every 2 RPMs, less torque, and scorching out the tailpipes...and then deal with OBD-2 CEL issues, and have no local emissions testing: just delete the cats and replace with a 22" bridge. Yourself, or at any muffler shop....

Last edited:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can put up with the ratty-hammery sound, and 8.0L of stink every 2 RPMs, less torque, and scorching out the tailpipes...and then deal with OBD-2 CEL issues, and have no local emissions testing: just delete the cats and replace with a 22" bridge. Yourself, or at any muffler shop....

Mmmm... 8.0L stink... :rolaugh:

A Supercharger will fix that torque problem. :cool:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your current exhaust setup? stock headers?
My following opinion is based on my setup being; Headers w/3"B&Bsystem.

If you cant take the heat and want to do dstraightpipes as a quick fix then go for it. But as JonB said, the sound is "ratty-hammery", the ear piercing WAAAA!!! gets very annoying especially when it reflects off of trees or other cars as you pass em.

If you want to ditch the stock cats than there are mufflers/resonators/hiflowCats that you can use to increase the flow and decrease the heat. These options will sound louder/better than stocks cats, but not obnoxious/annoying like straightpipes.

With any of these options the simplest way to DIY without having to drop the whole system is to just replace the component with a butt connection using bandclamps that can be purchased at napa or an exhaust shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use aluminum foil folded 5 times around the gap prior to band clamps. sure fire way and it worked like a charm. as far as 02 sims, just unscrew your o2's in the rear and zip tie them down. no check engine.

OP
OP
B

black pearl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can 02 sensors codes be tuned out of these cars computers? can a tuner do that? or do i need a piggyback

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
surprised no one yet mentioned a pellet gun, pillow case and a rock :dunno:

+1 on the sound and stink, try to experience one 1st

hiflows and muffler delete :2tu:
:drive:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I listened to Ellowvipers car with high flows. He did have headers which I don't have but his car was easily as loud if not louder then mine.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can put up with the ratty-hammery bacfire sound, and 8.0L of stink every 2 RPMs, less torque, and scorching out the tailpipes...and then deal with OBD-2 CEL issues, and have no local emissions testing: just delete the cats and replace with a 22" bridge. Yourself, or at any muffler shop....

Jon.. you sound like you don't have cats, being a bit raspy.. :2tu:

See this Post when I killed the cats, there's also a video in one of my replies..

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...cats-resonators-150-exhaust-project-pics.html

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear allot of complaints of how bad the exhaust sounds after replacing the cat with a strait pipe. If you do anything put a muffler or resonator in place of the cat. Here is a picture of what I did. There is many 3 inch strait thru mufflers out there.

You must be registered for see images attach

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the mistake of removing the cats on my street Viper.
Then I found out what that's like on a modern 8L performance motor.
It's not 1969, and everyone behind me complained about the smoke. My cloths smelled of carbon after every ride. The sound was too laud and horrible. Especially around 1,500rpm. Occasionally the computer would decide to enrich the fuel mixture to the point where the car was belching black smoke the whole trip.

I welded the cats back after a couple of seasons as the car wasn't enjoyable to drive any longer.
Save yourself alot of trouble, the cat-back systems are the way to go.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do us all, yourself, and the environment a favor and get Hi Flo cats. the heat will be reduced and the car more enjoyable to drive. Give JonB a call and he will fix you up.:2tu:
PAvenom RT/10

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car had factory headers borla(2 muffler) and no cats. It was a bit on the loud side but it sounder fantastic, got nothing but compliments from people who were surprised that a viper can sound that good.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. In the Roe SC group you joined the photo I posted is an angled shot of my car (closest to the camera) and EllowVipers car,further away (kinda in the background).

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the mistake of removing the cats on my street Viper.
Then I found out what that's like on a modern 8L performance motor.
It's not 1969, and everyone behind me complained about the smoke. My cloths smelled of carbon after every ride. The sound was too laud and horrible. Especially around 1,500rpm. Occasionally the computer would decide to enrich the fuel mixture to the point where the car was belching black smoke the whole trip.

I welded the cats back after a couple of seasons as the car wasn't enjoyable to drive any longer.
Save yourself alot of trouble, the cat-back systems are the way to go.

Odd.. I never had that problem.. I really liked the setup and sound that I did in my previous reply. Pretty sure that the rear O2 sensors only determine if cats exist and do not impact a/f mixture.. sounds like you had another problem, but if it's ok now with cats back on.. can't say much other than that ***** because I didn't share them..

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have stock manifolds and cut cats out and borla cat back and its wicked loud little to loud when you really crack on it it just turns to many heads and one of these times its going to be the wrong heads lol!! Im going to order hi flows over the winter!!But no check engine light on and runs and idles perfect!!

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have nothing other than a three inch pipe from the headers all the way back to four inch tips... Yes smell, yes loud, isnt it a Viper tho?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang