What exhaust to Buy

The Hammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best exhuast to buy. I am hearing alot of diiferent things. I don't want it to loud so the wife won't ride to the lake (1hr away). What type of performance gain can I expect?
What are some worth while mods without putting on SC or major motor overhaul, header or not?
I am putting it on the dyno to tune it with what ever mods I do to see the gains and I will post results (stock and with exhuast and mods)
2003SRT

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will get more replies about which system to buy than there are systems. My advise, read all on the posts using the search feature, contact some of the vendors for their sales pitch, and then make your decision. My car came with Belanger and I love it. Why? Because the car came with it. So, I recommend Belanger.

As far as hp gains go, I heard of 10 hp or so on a cat-back, a few more on HF cats, and maybe another 10 on headers.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on what I've read over the past few months, I went with a Corsa Track system. I can't tell you if I like it or not yet, as it's actually being installed tomorrow - I'm kind of anxious!:2tu: I didn't purchase the system for a power bump, but actually to relieve some of the heat in the cabin and side sills. If the car makes more power with the Corsa, then that's just a bonus. I'll be retaining the stock cats as I think it might be too loud (for me;) ) without them.

As for other mods, so far I've done Green Filters, PS2 Tires, DC Tune/170 T-Stat, and 3.55 Gears.

The PS2's ride smoother and quieter, and IMO hook up better then the RunFlats - especially in colder weather.

The DC Tune gave a nice seat of the pants feel. Definitely pulls better! Plus, it turned off the damned skip-shift, and the engine runs cooler now (170 T-Stat is also recommened with the Tune).

The 3.55 Gears are my favorite mod to date! They really make the car fun on the street. Pulls like a rocket off the line in 1st, and 2nd is just about how 1st used to be with the stock gear ratio! 3rd is good for about ~100, 4th will still pull past 135, and now 6th gear can be used on the highway without having to do 70mph. I can now run 6th at 50-55 mph comfortably, and 75 runs about ~1,500rpm.

As for the Green Filters - I guess they can't hurt performance, but mostly they just look cool, IMO.:D