What front end is this?

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2222Fall_Yellow_Viper_Pic.JPG

is this a new front bumper? or is it just the bottom peice? (splitter?) whatever you call it?

and what is it?

thanks!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its a whole new aftermarket front bumper. The air dam looks smaller and more square than stock and a Gen 1 should have foglight covers if it was stock bumper w/just a added "lip" on the bottom. Plus its a Gen 3 emblem on the bumper

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are there any aftermarket front splitters u can buy? without buying the whole damn nose?

Not sure if you know, but that added lip on the bottom of the bumper isnt a splitter. Splitters normally cost more than a whole new bumper. Are you looking for a splitter or just an attachable lip for your existing bumper?

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are there any aftermarket front splitters u can buy? without buying the whole damn nose?

Not sure if you know, but that added lip on the bottom of the bumper isnt a splitter. Splitters normally cost more than a whole new bumper. Are you looking for a splitter or just an attachable lip for your existing bumper?

yeah i wasnt sure what it was called.

baically i dont like the way the attachable lip is on the gen 1. do they make aftermarket ones? without having to purchase an entire front bumper nose with it?

Reaction score
That looks like an Elite nose....but I could be wrong. It is NO, however, a JH nose. Having said that, it looks like it is baed on the JH nose.....if you look directly under the side marker, all the way at the bottom, there appears to be a "slot"....this is where the splitter fit in on a JH nose. Trust me on this...I fabricated my own splitter for my nose. :)

Mine without splitter:
2fascia5.jpg

Mine with splitter:
2fascia7.jpg

Reaction score
Vipermad,

How did you fab up your splitter, and what did you use for materials?

THAT info will COST you!!!

Seriously....I was thinking of raffling off the details and drawings....$150 a ticket?

OK...REALLY seriously....

I had the fascia OFF the car, so I had plenty of room to create a cardboard template. With the exception of the sweeping radius cut, I planned out all the mounting holes and areas I could cut away to save weight. I then procurred a large sheet of 3/4 inch "starboard plastic"...this is the stuff they use to make those dive ledges on the back of boats.... It is pretty tough, durable and heavy.

I cut away as much as I could where the splitter was UNDER the fascia...then I plotted and drilled all the holes. Once that was done, and the ends were cut to fit into those slots I mentioned above.....the splitter was, effectively, mounted to the fascia. then I simply marked the sweeping radius....this took me about 2 weeks because I would pencil it in, and then I would take measurements in a symetrical pattern...to make sure it was going to be, well, symetrical. :)

Once I had the radius cut marked.........I wimped out and took it to the place I bought the sheet from and they did the radius cut with tools I don't have...and rounded the edge.

I did everything with a jig saw, a drill and a pencil.

With the car lowered already...it is LOW! BUT.....while the bottom leading edge does scrape from time to time.....I bought a 3" little hand plane. When it gets rough on the very lower edge....I run the plane over it a few times and it is good as new. :)

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front fascia in the original post was made by Elite who is no longer in business.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your "secrets". Your splitter looks awesome on your car.

Thanks! It is/was a labor of love...and it was FUN! Mind you, I had black dust and debris ALL OVER the house during this ordeal (as a geographical bachelor my house holds me and oour soon-to-be 18 year old son....so we walk around farting and belching and NEVER get in trouble)!!! :)

Out of all the things/ideas I have come up with on my own....the splitter turned out the best! Looks exactly as it is supposed to (though I think it sticks out a hair too far.....but I was (and still am) too lazy to take it off and have it trimmed! LOL!

Maybe that will be my winter project (one of them) should the car still be in my garage come winter. :)

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is Ed (acellr8) car. I put it on for him. It is indeed a elite pc. Elite is still in business but I would not suggest buying. It was very wavy and took at lot of time to prep before paint. I have a Hnnsy on mine, customized by Roger from US exotics. Roger may be making a new front end to match his awsome hood, email him for details. (search the forums for diamond back hood) or thru his auction on ebay) web page [image]http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/33765/limit/last1[/image]

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a Gen 1 should have foglight covers if it was stock bumper w/just a added "lip" on the bottom.
All stock bumpers had the fog light covers til 99 year model.. This Can't be a Hen***y front end it's not Ugly enough. JMOLOL. Nothing against them just Ugly art work on air dams and front ends. Can't beat DCs original !!! IMO :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a Gen 1 should have foglight covers if it was stock bumper w/just a added "lip" on the bottom.
All stock bumpers had the fog light covers til 99 year model.. This Can't be a Hen***y front end it's not Ugly enough. JMOLOL. Nothing against them just Ugly art work on air dams and front ends. Can't beat DCs original !!! IMO :2tu:

I know they had the covers until 99', I just said Gen 1 because the car is obviously a Gen 1 since it has side exhaust. I agree though, my favorite bumper is the Mopar produced "leave it the hell alone" edition (stock) ;)

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Dan mentioned it is the Elite Fascia. I like it and wanted my car to be different than all the other Gen I's out there. I agree it is not for everyone but thats the way it is, not everyone like's everything.
It is also indeed a rip off of the "H" fascia, but also half the price.
As mentioned everyone may not like it but enough people liked it to vote my old Gen I for 1st place out of about 50 Vipers at Chryslers in Carlise 2 years ago.

Reaction score
Man.....my car would look SO GOOD with dark headlights!!

I am just chicked$#it to put anything on the lights that might damage them permanently!! :(

Woe is me! :)

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I actually like both the Elite AND Dan's modified Hennsssy facia.
Maybe because I dont care too much for the stock look.
I have allways modified my car's, wheather it is a 3" chop on a Mini or a Viper. Once you modify your car, it is YOURS, not like 100 others on the other side of the street. But I do agree, there are different tastes and that is good. Live would be boring without it! :2tu:

Reaction score
Yeah....but you take "Once you modify your car......" to a whole new level!! Your car looks amazing....no doubt about that!

It has been my experience that people have a love hate relationship with certain mods. Life is good as long as I am happy!! :) LOL!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the stock front end, then an autoform splitter now the Hnnsy. I kind of liked the splitter the best, but I ran into such a good deal I could not pass up the hnnsy pc. Once its on the car and you see it compared to a stock Gen 1 it really looks alot better. It is much lower and more aggressive. I like the splitter Tony made, I wanted something differnat so Roger modifed mine. It also has a scoop under to direct air to the raditor. The inner cooler blocks so much, and Gen1's run hot anyway. It really helps out when you are running 40 mph in heavy traffic. Cant be that bad as my car took 3rd this year at Carlisle. Let's wait until little Auston looses his virginty and buys a viper and then we can all dog pile on him..

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I alway's value your input. :confused:
Especially when you start a thread in the SRT section specifically to bust on someone's SRT, just because little Austin does not like it :rolleyes:

You should, dammit! Heres some more input for you. Your front end doesnt look good either. Hows that? And you KNOW that SRT looked like $hit! Looks like it was decorated by a 3 year old. Im not the only one who didnt like it. But hey, you know so much and have such great taste in body kits. :rolleyes:

I know whats to come out of your mouth next. "You dont own a Viper, so your opinions dont count." This forum isnt for everyone to kiss each others rear. If you post something Im going to give my opinion. Put me on ignore if you dont like my posts so much. Its that simple Mr. Sandy V.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I actually like both the Elite AND Dan's modified Hennsssy facia.
Maybe because I dont care too much for the stock look.
I have allways modified my car's, wheather it is a 3" chop on a Mini or a Viper. Once you modify your car, it is YOURS, not like 100 others on the other side of the street. But I do agree, there are different tastes and that is good. Live would be boring without it! :2tu:

I totally agree, but dont have a picture of your car if you dont want comments on it. I didnt bash the owner or the car, I just said I didnt care for the front end. No harm.

Your RT on the other hand is sick. Love it!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your RT on the other hand is sick. Love it!

Thanks!
However MANY dont like it. I dont mind it, since it is not theirs.
- My mods may be "ricy" according to some.
- The lip (splitter) is ugly according to some.
- Wheels dont look good.
- Interior should be red.
- Dash looks silly with stripes.
- Roof scoop is "fake". Stupid, should be functional.
- Stereo is no good, No TV.
- White strips are ugly.
- Why do you have metalflake on ugly white stripes?
- You need 20's.
- Hood is ugly.
- Bodygaps are horrible.
- It should have a Twin Turbo. Roe is for faggots.
- Extra lights in front are ugly.

List goes on and on and on.... To a point that I did not even have enough money to order a V-12, only a V-10....
These are only a handful of opinions I see just about every carshow or meeting.

I have my reasons why I had to fuc* up a perfectly good 1993 Viper.

"I always wanted to do it."

I like it and it makes me happy.

Sure cheaper than sitting on shrink's chair and telling stories for $200 bucks an hour... :2tu: This is my therapy and I stick to it! :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96