What HURRICANE JEANNE did to my Paradise

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all made it thru HURRICANE JEANNE alive, but with much damage. This is a few pictures of what it did to my business.

You must be registered for see images

Hurricane snapped top out of a hybrid Bottlebrush

We spend the last 2 1/2 weeks from last hurricane standing up, staking, replanting plants with 11 people, just have many of those and others blowned down this past weekend. Now to have all that pat role thrown away. We could not leave plants and trees out of the ground speculating what the next hurricane would do.....if we did they would have been dead or non saleable for over 1 year.

Lee Saunders(BTR 9 sec Viper) other "brother" owns/operates a Outback steak house, the hurricane caused a VERY large sink hole that has condemned the entire strip mall. He and his 60 employees are out of work and a business.... I guess there is always someone worse of than myself.

Cudaman :usa:

Thanks moderators for leaving post here, it applies to the Hurricane Jeanne post that was used to make sure all or Florida Viper friends made it thru the hurricane OK.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward, Glad to hear everyone made it through with their skin intact. The material losses can be recouped. Florida is due for a string of good fortune after an unbelievable run of bad luck. :2tu: :usa:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward, glad your OK. No matter how bad it is there is usually someone who got it worse. Good luck to you & your family.

Andy

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my fingers crossed and praying that you, and all of us get through November and the "H" season!

Anyone know how Larry Macedo faired?

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how Larry Macedo faired?

Larry lost power to his home ...... but was back at work today and business is in very good shape.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was picking up my 12 year old son Jeese from his friend's when I saw this Queen Palm that someone had tied in a attempt to keep up right thru the hurricane.....well I guess it worked ...the picture does not do it justice to see how many ropes are on this palm. :eek:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to see this kind of thing happen to you guys over and over this year, but thankfully all of you are ok.

See you soon
John

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
It is all a big inconvience and loss but as long as everyone is safe all else can be replaced. May you be safe and God bless you and all those dealing with this in FLA including my Mom.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward,

Sorry about your business. Even though i am not in Florida i to was affected by the last Hurricane. We had major Flooding here in PA as a result of heavy rains. I am glad that you are ok. Your business will pick back up.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We did ok in Orlando most of the weak trees and structures blew down in the last two hurricanes. The eye was about 50 miles south of us, so we had the bad side of the storm with winds upwards of 90-100 mph, difference of this storm is the winds stayed strong for at least 12 hours, however it was better than Frances, Frances was weaker but hurricane force winds for 36 hours really bytes. There are approx. 400,000 homes without power and since we sent most of the out of state workers to the panhandle and Alabama the power company is telling poeple they may go 3 weeks without power. Our biggest problem now is that the aquifer is over flowing. The St. Johns River, one of the only North flowing rivers in the World, has more than over-flowed its banks, first time I have ever seen "Flash Flood warnings" in Florida. We need old man winter to come early this year, I know thats no good for you fellow Viper brethren up North but until we get some colder air we are at risk for more storms.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that all I lost was a rood shingle. I am really amazed on how these storms work and on whom they destroy! Man, it's only time till it gets me....dammit.

Glad your ok Ward!

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to hear of the misfortunes - thank god only a few people were injured and not more.

Im actually headed to Alabama this morning (6am) with my brother-in-law's water/flood cleanup company to give a hand with the damage. Plan to be in Alabama for a month and maybe Florida for an additional 3 weeks - maybe Ill run into some of you guys - just look for the bald guy in a green shirt LOL. Doubtful Ill be on the web for a while so dont have too much fun without me! Take care

Vin

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to all the all the people that wished us good luck.I have looked at this daily.... it is very comforting hearing everyone saying to hang in there. The thing that is unfortunate is insurance to cover a whole nursery is way too cost prohibitive. We had just spent 2 1/2 weeks of labor and materials to straighten up trees from last hurricane to have it all blown away in one day.

And again thanks to all..... a simple good luck and well wishing, goes are a VERY long way and is GREATLY apphreicated !!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery