What is a fair price on this paxton '06 coupe?

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'06 FE blue/white coupe

custom Doug Levin Paxton system with 3.33 gears, cat back exhaust, upgraded heat exchanger, upgraded tensioner, etc.

less than 2,000 miles

one owner

car has all documentation

sounds pristine - plastic still on floor

Looking for a fair price to offer. Deciding between a New '08 Z06 at $66,000 or this moded '06 Viper - I can't justify mid-$80's for the '08 vipers - will wait to buy used on the '08's down the road

Have owned 3 vipers previously. This will be mostly a weekend car and part-time drag strip car during cooler weather.

Can the cast pistons handle 7 lbs of boost over time?

Thanks,

David

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
68-72000.00 for the car and 5000.00 for the mods. If a coupe is what you are after you only have one year to choose from. Get the color you want. The supercharger set-up that you get from Paxton that has been professionally installed and tuned without additional boost is very reliable.

I stand by my previous statement that the 2008 is the best stock Viper and a Paxton installed 2003-2006 is the best modded Viper.

Z06 is not in the running unless you want to use it to practice for the day you step-up to the Viper:D.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low to mid 70's? Stock can be bought for mid-60's. If you like the blue/white, this is a really great viper (paxton/Levin and all the other upgrades). Between the factory build quality and factory upgrades (brakes, etc) these Gen III's are an even bigger upgrade than between the Gen I to Gen II that you've experienced. Now add the paxton and the other stuff, this car will fly. I'm not going to anti-vett on you but for a weekend car get this one or build a great '06 yourself for just a few thousand more than a z06

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the car located? Why is it for sale? The stock pistons handle the stock Paxton application ( which has a limited three year warranty) at stock boost levels just fine. What is meant by "custom Doug Levin Paxton system"? What components are different and how are they different? Is the Paxton warranty still intact? Has the speedometer been adjusted for the change in gears? Is there any damage to the nose pulley on the supercharger? This can happen if the tensioner is set too tight. Same issue with other components which the belt is on. Check into all of the above before you bid. JM2C

Last edited:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why cant you justify 80s for an 08 viper,look what it has to offer,z06 with msrp discounts are still getting 69-72k and its no comaprsion to the 08 viper.first go and drive the 08 and than decide.z06 were getting over sticker for a while. now i cant justify that.either way 06 viper or 08 your a winner but 08 z06 you will wish you went to the viper,best of luck.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No need to have a speedo calibration on the 3:33 gears, it has no transmission gears like in the old days. Automatically is adapted to the new gears. You should be able to get the car for about the same price as the ZO6. Is the Vette $66K "out the dorr" or before all the taxes, title, license fee, etc. No question the Viper would be the better of the 2 choices with the S/C, etc. already done, and done by a reputable installer! The Viper would hold more value over the years than the Vette as they are a dime a dozen.There is also the WOW factor. Viper hands down! People don't even notice the ZO6 unless they already own a Vette. The Viper will get the looks, the thumbs up, the continual questions, and the kudos. If you can handle all of that, it's defintely the Viper!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"No need to have a speedo calibration on the 3:33 gears, it has no transmission gears like in the old days. Automatically is adapted to the new gears. "

Right. I was thinking of Gen II. Sorry. Gen III and IV speedo operates through ABS sensors - yes?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Looking for a fair price to offer. Deciding between a New '08 Z06 at $66,000 or this moded '06 Viper - I can't justify mid-$80's for the '08 vipers - will wait to buy used on the '08's down the road

Have owned 3 vipers previously. This will be mostly a weekend car and part-time drag strip car during cooler weather.

Why, besides traction contol - lol, would you every choose a current model Corvette z06 over a Gen4 Viper??? If it's the Kia price then who knows but surely you realize the car pales in every meaningful performance comparison?

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id talk to doug levin first. unless this is one of his personal cars....even then, ask him about whats special about his setup and how much boost it can handle.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a C6Z06 and a 2008 Viper Coupe.They are both really nice and both are very,very fast.You will get more attention in the Viper,but the Z06 very cool also.You will like both,just different.Don,t forget you will get a new car warranty with the Z06.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"No need to have a speedo calibration on the 3:33 gears, it has no transmission gears like in the old days. Automatically is adapted to the new gears. "

Right. I was thinking of Gen II. Sorry. Gen III and IV speedo operates through ABS sensors - yes?

I think your correct. I have 3:33's and also a tall 20" rear tire. My speedo is dead on wth my garmin GPS.

As far as the car for sale, for me, Id pay 65-70k depending on how prisitne it is. There are 2 new 06's still sitting at dealer for 65k by my house. Brand new, but stock. Since this car has some nice mods and a professionally installed paxton, it makes it worth a little more to the right buyer. Plus it has very low miles. Offer 68k and see what buyer says. I wouldnt pay more then 70k.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide against the Paxton i have a 08 Venom red roadster(5 spokes) that i will let go for 78,500.00 The car has 67 miles on it.Please call me at (732)977-7244 thanks joe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960