What is that noise coming from my viper?

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do when I get back from tators. Had the car out today, only for a short time. Was worried about t storms. Anyways, could not get the noise again, even when I ran the AC for a while. The only adjustment I made since the nosie stopped, was I inflated the air in the tires. I had low air in the front tires, and the bell went on when I was driving. They were preaty low, 19ps. Put it back up to 29 psi, the light obvouisally went off. Have not made the sound since either. Could just be coincidence i'm sure, still thinkt he ac is probably what it is, but who knows (except chuck tator ;) Will let you all know what the man says. Hopefully it wont be a long wait. Thanks again for all the feedback from everyone! And anymore feedback is def welcome. Trying to find out any possiblities on what that noise is, so this way I can run them all by chuck, in case the noise does not come on when I am there...

RevLimit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting your results from Chuck. I have an 03 and my friend has an 06 that makes the EXACT noise you are referring on occasions. I have not taken the time to research it like you yet. I figured since both cars did made the same noise under the same circumstances it had to be normal.

My "fan" sound comes on only after running the car a bit also and it is coming form the driver side dash\firewal somewhere.

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to know that others have experienced this and I am not going crazy. Checked all the fluid levels, everything looked good. Just placed a call to the wizard, no one was there :( Probably got home a few minutes too late. Did shoot over an email to see when I can get in. Will keep everyone posted, and I really appreciate all the help.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what we are here for, 'houseofpower'....hope you get in to see Chuck very soon~~keep us posted!! Good luck to ya....juli

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, had the viper out today, one trip with ac, one trip without. No fan noise. Can't get the car to make that noise again. Really wierd. Happened the first three times I took it out, now nothing. Anyways, have a date with chuck tator on sepetember 21. Will let everyone know what he says...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes...like when you have a bad tooth, and you gotta get into the dentist ASAP, the time of appt. or day of: tooth feels FINE!!! LOL....good luck, glad Chuck got you in, and he'll check the car all thru for you, if there's an issue, he WILL find it....you're going to the right place~~~ENJOY the weekend!!! ~juli