What is the value of SSR wheels with PS2 tires?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have picked up a new set of wheels I am considering selling my SSR's. I have to wait till I buy my tires for the new wheels but I am wondering how much my SSR wheels are worth? They are in outstanding condition, no curb rash nothing. They were powder coated satin black roughly 1 year ago and have been kept in great condition. The tires have roughly 8k miles on them and show plenty of tread. Anyone know the approximate value of these or might possibly be interested in them? Those who have seen my car can attest to their condition as I am a very particular with details.

Those of you that are not familiar with the SSR wheels they fit all generation vipers (gen 3 and 4 require e brake relocation) and they are the lightest set of wheels made for a Viper. I want to say the front rims were 20lbs each and the rears were 22lbs, extremely light. You can fit 305 tires on the front of them since they are 18x11 and 18x13 for the rears (I'm told you can fit bigger but I have seen 305 on them). I run PS2 tires on them and they have roughly 8k miles but plenty of tread left since I don't dog on my car.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is why I am asking what they are worth, I have 10000 dollars in mind but they obviously aren't worth that lol. I genuinely don't know.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For reference a NEW set of 18" OZ racing wheels can be had for $2,095
http://www.viperpartsrack.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=219

So, i think that a Used set of SSR's... shouldnt sell for any more than 75% of that which would be about $1,500

I dont see any value in the used tires as the wheels would be for track use for me and the 8Kmiles likely has made them useless for track duty. Perhaps a few fun autocrosses and some parkinglot fun then in the trash.
I'd prob take them for a grand if you dont get any other bites...:) Let me know once you get your VCA ad posted.

Lets see a pic of your New wheels:2tu:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The condition of these skeeter is a 9.9 or higher, the powder coat is fresh, there is no curb rash, scratches, anything. Hell they barely have ever gotten dirty.
By the way Skeeter, PM sent for info.

These are ssr, not OZ wheels. I'm not sure why your listing an overall cheaper wheels for reference, because the OZ's are light as well? They are not as light as these. Not everyone runs the ssr's for the track, I don't. I like their looks.

New wheels are not on the car yet. Figuring out some tire issues at the moment so it will be a slight wait prior to me pulling these off the car but not that long. UPS is handling the claim so hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are ssr, not OZ wheels. I'm not sure why your listing an overall cheaper wheels for reference

Because it is the only comparable currently produced and some people might be interested in this. FYI. the OZ wheels are the successor to the SSR wheels. The SSR's were the budget track wheels to get back in the day. Since they stopped making them OZ was sourced to make a similar product. PartsRack sold the SSR's for $2,400 back in the day for reference.

, because the OZ's are light as well? They are not as light as these.

Prove it. You gave an Estimate of what you remember your wheels weighing. It would be a shame if someone purchased them based off of that and then found out that the OZ wheels were lighter. Please dont take my comments the wrong way. I simply am in favor of something being sold to be 100% properly advertised:2tu:

The OZ wheels weigh 22.5/24.3
Stock 18" 99-02 5-spokes are 31.5/38.4 for reference, so there is alot to save when switching wheels:2tu:

Last edited:

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted the weights of the SSR's vs the OZ wheels.

I recall the SSR's being lighter.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is your answer Dom. I would never sell anything that wasn't properly advertised and the research was done a long time ago and unless OZ made their wheels lighter, which they haven't, my research is still good. I've only had these wheels for less than a year.

I knew I had a thread about it. All wheels were weighed prior to tire installation. The SSR wheels are definitely lighter then the OZ's. The OZ wheels were produced after the SSR wheels and took their place as the lightest wheels currently produced, but not overall. You can still find SSR wheels for sale periodically and they are still a sought after track wheel for that person that has to have the lightest/best.

OEM Gen 2 5 spoke weight
Front 31
Rear 34

SSR
Front 21
Rear 22

Thread
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/642720-Mixed-feelings-about-my-new-wheels?highlight=ssr+wheel

By the way as listed on tire rack the OZ are 23 front, 24.4 rear for black, 22.5 front 24.3 rear in silver. Wouldn't want you to misquote either :)

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. just didn't want to come out asking too high and wanted to know a ballpark. Thanks for the info. I have multiple people interested and as soon adls I get my new tires ordered and installed ill email those who have expressed interest in them notifying them they are off the car and for sale.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand.

BTW, great taste in wheels. SP600s are my first choice, but I was looking at SSRs for a little more cost effectiveness haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456