What Kind Of RWHP Are You Guys Getting On Dyno??

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got my car dyno at Visions of Speed on a Mustang Dyno and I was able to get 550RWHP @ 617TQ. what ##'s are you guys getting with the Mods that i have or similar. B&B headers (1 5/8), HiFlo cats, B&B 3" Cat Back and Jesel Roller Rockers. Do I now need to get 1 3/4 Headers or can i get away with it??? BTW room temp in the mid 60's. Bill and Adam at Vision Of Speed are Just Great and very Knowledgable. Thanks Guys. Check em out! http://visionsofspeed.net/ :2tu:

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the props! Glad I was able to meet you in person.

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mustang dyno's read lower than dynojets, but I'm not sure how much, but I know it is alot lower.

With that said, even if those #s were dynojet #s, I would still be impressed, so those #s are very impressive.

Howard

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His AFR was right around 11.5-11.8 and touched 12 for a sec at the very end.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant you make a mustang dyno read around the same as dynojet? What is the percent difference between the 2 of them.
Max

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can make it read almost anything. The usual discrepency is around 10-15%. Our dyno numbers are close to a DJ, but still lower. What I have noticed is that the lower the HP the closer to a DJ, but as HP goes up the DJ tends to get more optimistic and the % difference between our dyno and DJ goes up.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1 3/4" B&B will help if you plan to go any farther in upping your HP. If you just did a swap, I would guess you would pick up less than 10 RWHP. If you plan on adding NOS or a bigger pulley later, it may be worth the effort. If you decide to go bigger, I have a set of 1 3/4" B&B's in the classifieds. :2tu: :2tu:

S

SUN RA KAT

On DynoJet with similar mods - 610 rwHP & 615 rwTorque.

Need to update firmware and do another dyno A/F run after 1st of year.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yeah nice #'s.

Bill and Adam are great they work so hard to get the most Hp/Tq out of the car as the car saftly,I know because they BUSTED THEIR ASSES on my car to get over 500 RWTQ and I use every bit of that 500 everyday.

Im gonna go back as soon as my next set of mods get installed.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Dimitrios,
Your numbers sound like Bill and the guys got the car tuned very well, considering those are Mustang Dyno numbers.
The only thing costing you some peak HP (say above 5,000 RPM) is the size of the header primaries and the throttle bodies.
However, your car is making great torque, and that's what you'll really feel and use.
Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i got a sore throat from the stench and breathing fuel. i still smell it when i breathe through my nose. someone said its running rich. is this possible??? by the way. thanks for helping us out Sean R on your day off.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished belanger, corsa, random tech, K&N, smooth tubes, Unichip with dyno tune 2 weeks ago at Woodhouse. On a Mustang dyno I could only muster 392.6 rwhp/430.3 rwtq. They suggest adding 25% for getting numbers at the crank. I'm gonna dynojet the car next saturday with some other snakes so the comparison between the two dynos should prove interesting. The mods only provided an additional 26 rwhp/36 rwtq from bone stock...but the sound of the car is great!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i got a sore throat from the stench and breathing fuel. i still smell it when i breathe through my nose. someone said its running rich. is this possible??? by the way. thanks for helping us out Sean R on your day off.

Your're just gonna have to get used to it. I don't think you have any choice. It's needs to be rich to protect the engine. Have fun cleaning your exhaust tips from all the carbon. I have to do it everytime I wash the car.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

I predict 10-15% higher numbers on the Dynojet.

I have my GTS with Woodhouse right now while I wait for Greg Good to finish the heads.

I have similar mods to you (no Unichip) and dynoed 441/492 on a Dynojet. It only dynoed 385RWHP though (I think) on a Mustang that Woodhouse did prior to removing the heads to send to Greg.

I do have a small exhaust leak now at the headers...don't know if that would make a diff.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the increase with the heads so the Mustang will be fine...also for tuning.

I have heard that the later Gen II's (like yours) do not benefit quite as much as the earlier ones (like mine) from exhaust mods.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info ViperRay. One of the CO/UT members has a Roe SC snake. He just modified it with water/methanol injection I think and gained about 2.5 pounds of boost. He's also anxious to see how much power he gained. I'll let the board know about the Dynojet numbers next weekend. Thanks for the input.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dimitrios, your car seemed to be running rich today and even let out a good puff of smoke on what seemed like the 2-3 shift. I forgot to tell ya at *******.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the good numbers! Makes me want to get to installing. But with snow on the way...

How does it feel seat of the pants?

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the good numbers! Makes me want to get to installing. But with snow on the way...

How does it feel seat of the pants?

my friend came out and now he has a sore neck from all the torque. i told him i'll get him a neck brace next time he comes along

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what ##'s are you guys getting with the Mods that i have or similar.

D....I got one of same mod's as you do.....BUT when I put in my Venzano seats I went from 432.5 RWHP to 513.8 RWHP. :smirk:

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not so much a matter of correctness, you are looking for %change when tuning. People do say that the Mustang dyno tends to be more accurate in determining real world HP.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mustang is a brake type of dyno while the Dynojet is an inertial type.

As I understand it, the brake type applies a force on the rollers (electrically I think) that opposes the direction of the rollers. It calculates the torque on the rollers necessary to keep the engine RPM steady (theoretically).

The Dynojet lets the rollers accelerate at will and calculates the torque by knowing the mass of the rollers and the rate of their acceleration.

I guess the Mustang is more "real world" in the sense that the road below us is not being moved in the opposite direction of the wheels as we drive (although sometimes I swear that I'm changing the earth's rotation just a little when my snake really hooks up!).

This begs the question of how to estimate the engine HP from the RWHP depending upon the type of dyno used.
Engine dyno's are generally brake dyno's.

There's obviously a lot of room for inaccuracy in these measurements in the best controlled circumstances IMHO.

Of course, I could be wrong....I'm no expert.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could it be possible that the cockpit stink like fuel because the cats are not holding up? i have roe HF oval cats and someone mentioned there was chunks of something shooting out of exhaust pipes. are the randon tech cats that sell for $500+ any better?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the Roe HF oval cats for well over a year with no problems at all. Maybe whoever installed them didn't weld them in, or otherwise left an air gap that is causing them to burn up and leak. :eek:

Real Hummer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the Random Tech ceramic substrate and blew them out the exhaust. Jon B siad they are rated for 650 crank hp. Jason Heffner thought I should be using the Metal substrate Random tech cats or no cats.

Real Hummer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
when I had Jason dyno my car we got 643 rwhp on his dyno. I went to a car show a week later and they had a mustang there. I pulled 563 rwhp on the mustang. 80 hp loss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets