What new muffler to go with on a '95 Viper?

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea on the type of muffler to go with on a '95? I've installed the K&N air filter kit, and now looking to do something with the exhaust! Its all stock right now, but looking for something that has a nice tone. Thx

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone seems to like Corsa for exhaust. Borla seems to have too much drone.

+1 on that. Talk with JonB at Parts Rack. Also, get rid of those nasty huge stock Cats while you are at it. The Gen 1 Cats are very restrictive and get very very hot. They have caused fires so I have been told.

OP
OP
A

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all! Yes, JonB has pinged me on email. I didn't wanna bother him, I'm sure he gets the same questions everyday. :) I'm in Atlanta, so, I'll have to replace the cats if I take these off. I'll probably give JonB a call once I'm straight.

I assume we can buy the Corsa mufflers, without the whole kit, right?

Thx

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Aviator: I was in ATL a lot with EAL. Retired. You wont be a bother, may be a brother!

Corsa does not sell mufflers......

Thanks all! Yes, JonB has pinged me on email. I didn't wanna bother him, I'm sure he gets the same questions everyday. :) I'm in Atlanta, so, I'll have to replace the cats if I take these off. I'll probably give JonB a call once I'm straight.

I assume we can buy the Corsa mufflers, without the whole kit, right?

Thx

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon, do you sell just mufflers? I can get a discount from Pep Boys, so I won't be buying one, but I still want your free technical advice! Sorry, it was too tempting to pass up. :D

Sure, Chad, just call me at 1-900-CFBITES

!!!!

funny man.....

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep last I knew Jon sells tons of mufflers that you wont buy from him, Becouse why pay retail......lol

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest a 6" round. You can fit about 18" of case length in the sills, perhaps more. When I measured my sills, the front clearance was smaller than the back, so I could not fit the very long 6" rounds. You may consider going with two different style mufflers to combat drone. I use a Moroso Spiral Flow and a Magnaflow 6"Round. Zero drone, but still very loud when I got to WOT.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest a 6" round. You can fit about 18" of case length in the sills, perhaps more. When I measured my sills, the front clearance was smaller than the back, so I could not fit the very long 6" rounds. You may consider going with two different style mufflers to combat drone. I use a Moroso Spiral Flow and a Magnaflow 6"Round. Zero drone, but still very loud when I got to WOT.

Are you still running the stock Cats?