What other cars did you look at before deciding on your Viper?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started looking at Mid Year Corvettes. Looked hard for 3 years could not find the right one that was not mis represented. Father called me saying he saw this Dodge Viper in a show room & i should go take a look at it...
"Thanks Dad" you got me hooked.

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was looking for Z06.When I saw this 97 GTS I had to have it,.My Mustang ll of 25 years is going for sale in the spring.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit I looked at other cars.

I looked at:

An early NSX: Not enough power too much $s to upgrade.

A Z06: A Very common car around 250,000 cars that looked just like it (all C5s look alike in my opinion).

Ferrari 308: not enough power to expensive to fix

Lamborghini Jalpa: not enough power way to expensive to fix.

I also looked at getting into racing instead. Thought about buying a race car. Like a Miata or something and racing it. But decided I loved cruising, car shows, etc. too much just to race a car. Especially when the viper does so well on a track.

I haven't regretted my choice for one second. In fact every day that goes by I love that car more and more. I will probably keep my viper forever.

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had Vettes,Trans Am,lots of bikes.I was into the bikes and racing I paid little attention to my cars.I had only seen gen one RTs and thought they were neat until I saw my first GTS.Went to Vegas and saw a silver GTS at a rental place.Did I rent one? No I bought one.I will probably keep this one and add more.

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked at a Lamborghini Countach and a Lotus Esprit. It was a tight fit in the Lotus and I was warned of repair bills after about 4 years. Same with the Lambo, repair bills were outrageous.

Never have regretted my Viper purchase. :D

Mamba071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New owner here, just 3 month old Black Mamba...
I drove Stealth for long time then got a Porsche 996 cab which had nothing but problems (imagine that!) sold it in a year and then looked at Lotus, Vett, BMW M3 conv, but finally settled on Mamba!!! happy with my coice so far :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a Z28, 5.0, GSXR1100 when I was in college.
When I started making some cash, I wanted a Viper more than anything.
Then the C5 came out in 1997, and I had to have one first! (you know how that goes). Enjoyed that, until I finally saw a Viper on the Road and then I remembered what I really wanted!

What did I do? Bought a '97 Prowler as it was the HOT car out that was selling for Big $$! lol, amazes me still! :D
I test drove a Viper that a local dealer had and I was "IN"
Well, had it for a couple months, and then traded it in for my first GTS! I can honestly say that I Made out like a Champ!
I paid $45k for my '97 Prowler and traded it in 2 months later for $53k! And got my GTS at a GREAT price too!
It was all over then! My C5 lasted another year and I sold it, as I never drove it unless the weather was bad. Which isn't the best idea for a Black car! lol

Viper is the car for me before any other. Unless, of course, I win the lottery! :D

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking for a T-rex couldnt find any for a reasonable price then I read and add for a Viper and decided to give it a try.........the rest is history