What plugs do you recomend?

repiv1

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Time to change my plugs and I am looking for recomendations for my 2000 R/T 10 with Belanger cat back system. I have new wires on the way as well. Thanks in advance for your advise!

Rory :2tu:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock Champs, always the best unless you are modified. RC12LYC

Can't go wrong there.

Upgrade to the SRT plug RC12ECC.

Can't go wrong there either.

The RC12ECC is just as good as the RC12LYC. I switched over from the LYC to the ECC plugs last year. The main reason being the ECC has a dual copper core instead of the copper and steel core(I believe that was the difference???) that the LYC has. The steel core retains heat longer. Guess what? Can't tell any difference between the 2 sets. IMO, they are both more than acceptable for stock/near stock applications. Mine is a '97 GTS with exhaust and smooth tubes. The AutoZone guys asked if I was repairing lawn mowers the last time I went in and asked for 10 of the ECCs. "Nope, just for an old beat up Dodge." :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for a stock or nearly stock NA engine the OEM are more than fine. you're not gonna see any gains by switching to that plug id bet and more money

OP
OP
repiv1

repiv1

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in with the info. It sounds like stock is the way to go! I really appreciate the support from you guys, thanks!

Rory

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried different plugs (Stay away from the Bosch +4 craps, they're too short) and finally took the advice of the Wizard and stayed with the stock plugs. At $1.97 ( even less at WalMart) you can change them out every other week (if that makes you happy :D ) and you'll still be ahead of the game compared with the prices of some of the other plugs out there. Unfortunately the "Vipair" of spark plugs does not exist for the Viper.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I'm curious now which ones should I go with in my car? It's 01 GTS, p&p heads, extrude intake, headers, corsa.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id ask the guy who did the port work first, see what he tells ya.

was it greg good ? if so, he would definitely have the answer

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer told me that I should get RC12 plugs with double platinum coating. Is it worth it? I mean, is there a difference in carbonating, or heating of the plug. What if the car runs lean or rich? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer told me that I should get RC12 plugs with double platinum coating. Is it worth it? I mean, is there a difference in carbonating, or heating of the plug. What if the car runs lean or rich? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I don't understand. Is the GenI plug different than the GenII? The RC12LYC is the GenII stock plug. At any rate, use the RC12LYC or RC12ECC.

Another thing, always come here for confirmation of what the dealer or anybody else tells you. Here is where you will get the straight info.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive just changed my plugs on my 2000 GTS, I got rid of the worn out Bosch +4 plugs that came in the car and replaced them with the Champion RC12LYC OEM Plugs, Coor, the car DID perform much better :2tu: I could not find any part supplier over here who stocked the RC12ECC!

Mark
:uk:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets