What rubber options do I have for 20"?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tire options are available for 20" rims?

Also, my current rears are 345 wide but the rim is actually a slight bit wider and actually streches the sidewall a bit. Probably should be 355 is my guess (do they even exist??).

Given all this, anyone have any thoughts? My brand preferance would be Michelins, however I did not see 20" listed on the site.:dunno:

Thanks for your time!

Robert

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I do 20/19's on my GTS (waiting to use up the 18" tires I have), I've been chatting with Dan at Viper Specialty Performance. The Pirelli Tires are available for the 20" wheels, and Dan was leaning me that way. I can't remember the points of argument over the Michelin brand, but you might give him a shout and let him 'splain it to you.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Dan. Any thoughts?

Dave, might it have been that Michelin does not offer 20"?? I did not see them on their website. Might make sense why Pirelli may be what Dan was suggsting.....

:eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater::eater:

Robert

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno:.....michelin offers two 20 inch tires.

either one has better grip than the pirelli or invo:2tu:

In Viper profile (width and sidewall hight)??

What series are they/ what are they called?

Red Snake - I will go to Nittos site as well!

Thanks!

Robert

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stick with stock sizes if you must move up i would only go the 18/19 combo on the gen III/IV cars and i would also stick with one of the few Michelin tires for the car either Pilot sports/ PS2 / or Sport Cups and i wuld call JonB at PartsRack Online Shopping - Home BEST prices !

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Viper profile (width and sidewall hight)??

What series are they/ what are they called?

Red Snake - I will go to Nittos site as well!

Thanks!

Robert

The PS2 comes in a 335/25/20ZP (along with a 285/30/19 for the front) and a 335/30/20( carrerra gt tire)

In actuality, the 335/25/20 ps2 is a little bit shorter than the 345/25/20 pirelli but it is identical to the 345/25/20 Invo.

if you have a Gen II you'd want to skip the 335/30/20.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I do 20/19's on my GTS (waiting to use up the 18" tires I have), I've been chatting with Dan at Viper Specialty Performance. The Pirelli Tires are available for the 20" wheels, and Dan was leaning me that way. I can't remember the points of argument over the Michelin brand, but you might give him a shout and let him 'splain it to you.

Hey Dave,

You must have missed the post I put on the other thread;

"Hi Dave,

That must be a typo- I have always prefered the PS2 to the Pirelli, and have run them on EVERY single wheel/tire package I have sold to date, including my personal car. In fact, I borderline despise the Pirelli tires, especially when factoring in their pricing and BS stock upkeep and shipping practices. As you would also see, there are no Pirelli tires on our website."

The only reason I would ever put someone into a Pirelli is if there is a size or time issue getting the Michelins.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stick with stock sizes if you must move up i would only go the 18/19 combo on the gen III/IV cars and i would also stick with one of the few Michelin tires for the car either Pilot sports/ PS2 / or Sport Cups and i wuld call JonB at PartsRack Online Shopping - Home BEST prices !

The issue is the car already has 20" on the front and rear.

Illsmoq,

Thanks!

Robert

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

You must have missed the post I put on the other thread;

"Hi Dave,

That must be a typo- I have always prefered the PS2 to the Pirelli, and have run them on EVERY single wheel/tire package I have sold to date, including my personal car. In fact, I borderline despise the Pirelli tires, especially when factoring in their pricing and BS stock upkeep and shipping practices. As you would also see, there are no Pirelli tires on our website."

The only reason I would ever put someone into a Pirelli is if there is a size or time issue getting the Michelins.

Yea I did miss that...:rolleyes:

And since I am now ready to order the iForged wheels we had been discussing, I pulled up the old emails and yes you were pushing the Michelin's and NOT the Pirelli's. Just wait till I get old...

Anyway, check your voice mail. I'm spending $12K today and looking for takers.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oooo! Pick me, pick me! I'll take some!:bigok:

You did say you were looking for takers.....:rolleyes::D

Robert

Umm. Too late. Just got off the phone with Dan and he's taking all of it.

-> iForged Classics 20/19 chrome/chrome
-> Tires to match
-> Eurotek rotors F/R SRT 14"
-> SRT calipers F/R
-> All the Big Brake's goodies to make it fit my '01

Now I could just have this all shipped to your house since the money is already spent.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the NITTO's as replacements of the Pilot Sport Run Flats(in the stock sizes) on my '05 and they were terrible! It was like driving on ice. Thankfully, my lease was up six weeks later and my new '08 has Pilot Sport 2's. Which everyone says are better than than the run flats but I'm not so sure, maybe it's the extra 90bhp/60ft.lbs. but I find them to slip pretty easily too. Maybe I just have a heavy right foot!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm. Too late. Just got off the phone with Dan and he's taking all of it.

-> iForged Classics 20/19 chrome/chrome
-> Tires to match
-> Eurotek rotors F/R SRT 14"
-> SRT calipers F/R
-> All the Big Brake's goodies to make it fit my '01

Now I could just have this all shipped to your house since the money is already spent.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oo!! Please do, please do!!! If it fits on yours it will fit on mine!:D

Want me to call Dan for you???:D I don't mind...:rolleyes:

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

GB66GTH - Stay away from Nittos hmmm????

Robert

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude