What should I go w/for tuning software? VEC III, AEM, ???

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is going to be down for a bit and I would like to get rid of the spit second box or whatever it's called and go w/a different setup to get the tune perfect. I'm making around 900rwhp so what would you guys recommend for my built paxton setup? Or should I just keep the split second box? I was thinking the VEC III would do what I need it to do and save the money over the AEM. Thoughts? Thanks--Andy

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats good to know that the split second box got you to 900. I am going to see what I can get out of mine. Whats your setup??? Boost/****.....

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have to stay OB2 compliant?

Alot of guys are doing a SCT/Vec 3 combo it seems if they cant go AEM for whatever reason.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i havent changed out my split second yet but i researched it and vec 3 is the way to go sean roe can tell you how to hook it up so it will turn on your external fuel pumps and vec tunning is alot better !!!!

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
split second is good up to 16psi boost and i have gotten 940rwhp out of split second no problem. as anything you can install its all in the tuners hands.