what side sill insulation to use

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently found out that my exhaust is wrapped with header wrap through the side sill area of my gts and have no insulation whatsoever. It seems the stock heat shields are all but impossible to find, but what are the other options? Is the insulation that Roe sells good?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Roe sells is similar in theory to what you have. That is the insulation is placed directly on the tubing and cat as is your header wrap. DC performance sells inconel shielding that works conceptually like the stock design. The heat can dissipate out of the tubing, while the inconel protects the surrounding sheet metal. They also sell a diffuser screen which replaces the end cap of the side sill. This promotes air flow within the side sill and prevents the premature destruction of your cats and tubing that the other methods tend to encourage.

Directly wrapping tubing may actually help with power, by helping to retain heat within the system which tends to keep exhaust gas velocity up. What's good for a racecar is not always good for the street. The street system must endure thousands of heat cycles and maintain it's integrity. If making the numbers are your only goal, then the lesser expensive route of wrapping your tubing maybe your ticket.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an unopened package of the roe insulation that I will sell if anyone is interested; paid $153 (130+tax & shipping) will sell for $100 shipped.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently found out that my exhaust is wrapped with header wrap through the side sill area of my gts and have no insulation whatsoever. It seems the stock heat shields are all but impossible to find, but what are the other options? Is the insulation that Roe sells good?

If it were your RT I could help you, I have the stock heat shields and insulation.

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an unopened package of the roe insulation that I will sell if anyone is interested; paid $153 (130+tax & shipping) will sell for $100 shipped.

You have a PM

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an unopened package of the roe insulation that I will sell if anyone is interested . . . You have a PM
WARNING! DO NOT TOUCH that stuff with your bare skin. It is like fiberglass only ten times worse. Wear gloves and if you cut it (you can use scissors) hold your breath, and do it outside in the breeze.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala