What size enclosed trailer do you recommend?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. It sounds like a 24' is the way to go. Now the hard part....what to buy? I went to a local dealer and their base model (all I need) is $7,000+/- but if you look at ebay, you can buy the same size unit for $3,500+/- . See

New 8.5x24 Enclosed Cargo Trailer Car Hauler Ramp Door - eBay (item 250755604050 end time Jan-17-11 20:45:50 PST)

I want a quality base model that I can sell in the future. What options do I want and how do I determine which units are well made? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

That's pretty cheap. It's hard to find a quality open for that price. Not going to lose much if anything on resale.

One thing I don't like is the 3500lb axle weight rating. You're going to be very close to, if not over, the max gross trailer weight when loaded with just the car. ***** to have all that extra room in the front if you can't use it. If you bottom out on the axles, you'll bend the frame. I'd go with 5200lb axles.

4" drop axles are good. You'll appreciate them when loading.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperless made similar comments that I was thinking....I don't see anywhere the empty weight of this model trailer....a lot of aluminum walled but regular enclosed trailers are over 3250 pounds for a 20 foot model....also my personal like is a 4 foot side door, and the other big thing to know, what is the inches between the wheel boxes inside and will your car (s) clear the boxes ??? Vipers are wide....79" is minimum 82" is great....IF you plan to store outside, an all aluminum is better as well as lighter to pull....not sure about the roof setup on this cheaper trailer, if panels are screwed down and not channeled together but only put roofing cement over the seam, a leak can develop...workmanship means a lot on this type of investment.... and the car you are trusting to ride in this trailer has to have your trust....I saw on Ebay someone made comments about this trailer at a dealer and the tie downs in the floor were not anchored properly...my $.02

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....I saw on Ebay someone made comments about this trailer at a dealer and the tie downs in the floor were not anchored properly...my $.02

Excellent point about the tie downs! When I ordered my trailer I told them to make sure the tie downs were anchored to the steel cross beams under the floor. Otherwise they'll just bolt them to the plywood floor. Not a reliable method.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960