what size valves do gen-2 motors have?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2001 acr and was thinking about getting some port work done on my heads. i found the stock flow data for my heads on this site but was unable 2 locate the valve size info. also does anyone know if the port work that caldwell does on gen-2 heads include bigger valves or is this done utilizing the stock valve size? i got my t&d 1.7 ratio rockers and was thinking while i was into it why not pull the heads mill them to create 10.1 compression ratio and port and polish them.

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just did. they use 2.02 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves with 11/32 stems. these are apparently slightly bigger than stock. they set everything up for 24 hour endurance racing. they want way to much money for my budget. my car is mostly a street car. can anyone recommend a shop out here in the southwest to do the work i am interested in.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Stage III Gen II heads and a cam combo for sale. These heads include 2.02 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves.

My car with this combo was putting out 570 rwhp. :eek: They were only on the car for 250-300 miles.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have basically the same setup that Anthony is offering for sale too...Except, MINE IS BETTER!!!! :D

PM me if intersted!

Regards,

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a shop out here in the southwest to do the work i am interested in.
Eddie Martin in phoenix has been doing some things in this area lately

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2001 acr and was thinking about getting some port work done on my heads. i found the stock flow data for my heads on this site but was unable 2 locate the valve size info. also does anyone know if the port work that caldwell does on gen-2 heads include bigger valves or is this done utilizing the stock valve size? i got my t&d 1.7 ratio rockers and was thinking while i was into it why not pull the heads mill them to create 10.1 compression ratio and port and polish them.

Rememder if you raise the compression by milling that you also must mill the intake otherwise you will have fitment issues.Also remember that depending on your needs, bigger is not always better for flow,you will see better low and mid range gains with good head work with stock size stainless valves. remember....H.P wins dyno days....TQ. wins races,just ask the nitrous guys

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock valve size is:
1.92" Intake
1.58" Exhaust.

--- Ken

Damn I thought they were a little bigger than that! That's the same size valves in a stock Small Block Chevy!! :shocked:

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx 4 the advice marv. i actually am gonna have eddie do my stoptech brakes. i will be going to dan cragin at the viper shop in kali 4 my head work. thanx 4 all the feedback everyone. when porting heads it is very important to not sacrifice velocity for flow. dan will hook me up with a cnc port job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456