what slicks to go with ?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of 17x12 rear Purners and want to know what kind of slicks to put on them. Going to use them on my DLM car.
Can I use them and leave the 18" Pilots up front ?

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MT et streets. I did run the slicks on the back with the pilots on the front one time and the car was wandering all over the place all the way down the strip. Felt weird but kind of cool. I was told subsequently that it is dangerous to do that, but dont necessarily agree. Best to get the skinnies for the front though for best results. Caqn get from ccw also.

phil

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a pair of 18 inch BFG G-Force TA Drag Radials mounted on the back of my DLM car, with the Mich's on the front. Car is at Doug Levin's shop, so I haven't gotten a chance to test it out and say how it rides with a mixed tire combo.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, that combo I mentioned is for street use, as I don't plan on quarter miling the car. I do plan on doing the occasional street beat down on some unsuspecting car. Myu only concern with these tires is that they have an R rating, so although these are Viper tires, they are only rates to 106 MPH? Doesn't make sense. GOnna go post on that now.

racewheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17x12 will only have one option, 335 35 17 kumho's which would not be slicks, but still a tire that will give measurably better grip than a stock tire

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The e-mail address and phone number just above your last post would be a good start. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog