What type of amplifier is stock 2001?

Huggorm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just received my Viper, that I bought with Alpine CD-player (Stock), but without Amp. I am now trying to find an appropriate Alpine Amp, and wonder if anyone can help me on which Alpine model is stock in a 2001 (RT/10).
Is it a two channel or four channel Amp?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 4 channel. Are you trying to get the factory amp or an equivalent? You're better off getting an aftermarket equivalent.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 4 channel. Are you trying to get the factory amp or an equivalent? You're better off getting an aftermarket equivalent.

Absolutely, it is one of Alpine's lower end models.

OP
OP
H

Huggorm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds lika a good idea. Any suggestions on what to buy?
I dont know if I "have to" go for Alpine if I plan to stay with the stock CD-player..? The thing is that the car has also been equipped with a Sony CD, so there are double set of cables in the trunk and I´m not sure if Alpine is the one with "special" contacts or if it is Sony.. What I do know is that one set has standard "phono plugs" and the other looks "weird".. :)

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to a reputable car audio place ( good luck, if you can find one ) and have them look at what equipment you currently have. I would have suggested an upgraded Alpine amp if you still had all stock components, but If things are changed, I would suggest a JL Audio amplifier. They make great powerful, clean sounding equipment. You may also want to do a speaker upgrade if your into it this far. MB Quart makes great component speakers:

http://www.jlaudio.com

http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/home

Have fun !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang