What type of exhaust should I get

crackleking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stock 98 rt/10. Looking to upgrade the exhaust system. I would like recommendations from members on what type to install. I am looking for an exhaust system that DOES NOT sound like a foreign car sound, but one that sounds like an American muscle car. Thank you.

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '98 RT/10, too, and had the same question a year ago. After some research I ended up getting a Corsa 3" catback System accompanied by some high flow cats (Magnaflow in my case). Main reason for the Corsa was due to being the only system with no drone. Plus, I like(d) the tips by far more compared to other systems. After more than a year I am still very happy with it and would do it again, no doubts.

But one thing I should mention regarding your comment on sounding like an American muscle car. If you have the sound of a '70's big block V8 in mind I have to tell you that this will going to happen with any of the exhaust modifications. The Viper will always sound differently due to the fact, that it is a V10 and uses an injection system instead of a carburetor.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The uneven firing order actually is the problem maker for the sound...

I mounted a roe cat back with high flow cats on my RT/10 and loved the sound, but there was quite some drone and on longer trips earplugs where needed...not doing that again, so now I keep it stock or might try corsa...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago the search police would be all over this. LOL. But the Corsa or IMO the Belanger is really nice for a good healthy sound with quality too. Many owners use Corsa. No Honda sound either with these and very well made along with great fitment.