What would you rather have?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
-A regular Acr from any year?

or

-A non Acr FE?

I read the other post where someone asked about the acr/celebrity FE's. Everyone picked the Acr. I have an FE, but it is not an acr. I could have had a 02 regular acr for a couple grand cheaper, both with under 4000m. I chose the FE, I loved the color and thought it might even be a bit of a collector one day. What would you have done?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take a 2001 ACR over a regular FE GTS. (BOTH ARE NICE THOUGH!!!!!!)

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are going to frequently track the car, there really is no point to have an ACR over a standard GTS. Sure, the cars might be less in build numbers and thus be more collectible, but you won't notice much of a difference on the street at all. The only difference in HP comes from smooth tubes, which you will never feel any difference at all. In terms of suspension, the shocks on the ACR are adjustable, but also stiffer. My ride is already stiff enough so I don't need a firmer suspension. Also, the KONI ACR shocks in latter production years are prone to leaking, so this is something to consider as well. The BBS wheels on the ACR are stronger and lighter than GTS wheels, but IMO the unpolished finish just doesn't look as good with the red with white stripe paint scheme as do the polished GTS wheels. If I would have gotten an ACR I would have definitely chromed the wheels. Doing this would have negated most of the weight difference, and I really don't drive my car that hard to notice any difference in structural rigidity between both types of wheels. Tne ACR's also have 4-point seatbelts, which aren't really needed if you don't race the car. Also, ACR's don't have fog lights. The stock headlights on the car **** enough and they need all the help they can get so I really don't want that at all. Finally, when these cars were sold new, the ACR package essentially gave you all the equipment listed above as well as the deletion of the AC and radio. This was part of the package and you paid a premium for it. However, there was an option to purchase a "comfort group," or the AC and radio. I believe it was around $4k. Back when I was buying my FE, I really did not see the point of paying a premium to delete something only to pay another premium just to get it back. I kind of thought of it like paying twice for something that was already standard with the car. Nowadays this point is more or less moot with the used market, but this was something that definitely aided my decision back in the day.

The choice is up to you. If you are concerned with retaining value, sell your car, buy a Honda Civic, and invest in land. I don't know about you, but I am not going to let my cars sit in my garage and collect dust hoping that one day when I am an old geezer I could sell them for a profit to some other old geezer at an auction. Maybe they will appreciate, maybe they won't. But one thing that's for sure is that we are all going to get old and die. And a few extra bucks in my pocket isn’t going do me any good when I'm walking with cane, popping seizure medication in my mouth, and am not able to enjoy the things (such as cars) when I was a young'un. :2tu:

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd buy the ACR. When I bought my 2000 ACR it was $82k vs $72k for the regular GTS. Big wup. I'd do it again.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TCKTPLZ pretty well stated it. I had the basic problem of deciding which to get, the ACR or GTS. It came down to the fact that I was not going to be tracking the car thus the GTS. I also bought the color combo I desired or lets say lusted after for many years.

The good news here is that any Viper is the right answer to the question. You can't go wrong. Of course the truly right answer is any year Bumblebee!!! Best of both worlds, best looking and fastest color. Just ask any Bumblebee owner. :2tu:

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
like this?

9457Mvc-022s.jpg

9457Mvc-020s.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21