Whats a BRAND NEW 2001 ACR Worth?

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am talking to a dealer that has a NEW (still on MSO) 2001 Sapphire/stripes
ACR for sale and was wondering what to make an offer to him for without killing me and without insulting him. I would like to close this deal soon so any info will be of help.

Thanks

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took your advice and did and he turned it down, said It will take 65k to buy it. Is it worth it fellas? Also even though it is new on MSO it has 700 miles on it put on by the owner of the dealership

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedDog: IF you are looking for an ACR, I think the price of $65K is reasonable. The miles aren't bad for a 5 year old car - LOL. Some things may come into play though for instance if your state still has Luxury Tax, etc... That car stickered for over $90K. I'm not sure how many miles Ray's car has, but $56K sounds a lot better to me especially if it's only a few thousand miles of difference. (Unless you want new).

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedDog: If you plan to do some mods, it may be better to find a car w/ them already done. If you want to do $8K in mods it will cost you $8K + labor, but if you buy them already done it will prob cost closer to $4-5K installed.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01sapphiregts: Thanks for the input. When I talked to the dealer himself he seemed kind of cocky, Said he doesnt care what the market value is he wont sell it for less than 65k. he said he refused 63k from someone in New York but I dont know if i actually believe him on that one.

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks foe the info Dimitrios but I really dont want another red one. Does anyone know of a Brand new 02 yellow just sitting at a dealership waiting on me?

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedDog: If he is cocky, that is probably why he still has it on his floor plan. There are plenty of cars "out there" to purchase, find THE ONE you want and everything else will fall into place.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedDog, if it doesnt work out can you PM me the name of the dealer? I know someone who would be interested in the car.

thanks

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents,

1. Make sure it's a MSO deal. Many times these cars already have an in service date/titled yet the sales guy/manager screw this up and call it "new" Run the VIN for this any other bits of info. Call Chuck Tator.

2. Check for acid rain on the paint. Have ALL paint issues taken care of before/if you take it. A car sitting around in that environment will most likely have lots of minor scratches.

3. Have the brakes checked over 100%. If it's been sitting....you might find corrosion on the brakes, rear calipers frozen etc, etc.

3. Make them change out all the fluids and replace the battery.

4. Make sure everything comes with the car...2 sets of keys, books, new floor mats, etc. (even have them throw in a new car cover)

If you are going to buy at 65K...make sure the car is PERFECT. Otherwise...buy a used one for a lot less.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pd 49,000 for a silver ACR with 1500 miles ,I think that Dealer is asking way to much .I do hope he gets it though :)

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks foe the info Dimitrios but I really dont want another red one. Does anyone know of a Brand new 02 yellow just sitting at a dealership waiting on me?

Not brand new, and not a 2001 - but about as close as you can get (5300 miles). :) Do you like stripes?

PM me if interested.

Cheers,
-Justyn

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats funny, There is a delaer near me, who at the time(July,04). Had a brand new 01' Yellow/Black striped GTS, when I was in the market. Car had 498 miles, but was not "in service" yet. I offered him $65k and he turned that down. Said, it would take $70k to buy. We were too far apart, so I walked. Not to mention, the car had spent some time outdoors, and that really turned me off as well.

So, I think $65k would be a decent deal for that car. I was ready to buy this one $65k. But thats me..

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My opinion and simply my opinion is that if it's worth $63k to you then $65k OTD shouldn't be too bad. If it's exactly what you want and you are already paying $60k+ for the car, what is $2k more. Seems like the best advice is find THE ONE and let it go from there. If you are uneasy about it, just let it go.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well.... if they've sat with the car this long, they don't really want to sell it.... so you can probably count on them to turn down your offers.... it's obviously not in high demand, so don't get sucked into paying more than you really want to....

01sapphiregts: Thanks for the input. When I talked to the dealer himself he seemed kind of cocky, Said he doesnt care what the market value is he wont sell it for less than 65k. he said he refused 63k from someone in New York but I dont know if i actually believe him on that one.