What's faster, the old Comp Coupe or the new ACR?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Jon, like i said i was guessing that they would put the 8.4L 600hp in the CC and am suprised they are not(at least for '08). I guessed wrong i wonder why they are not putting it in, anyone with official technical reasons why they are not?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might believe 1.2 but would be extremely skeptical of 1.3 or higher. This is coming from someone who owns an SRT-10, has driven on real slicks, Michelin Sport Cups, runs proper data acquisition equipment, and has spent plenty of time on the skidpad, including the one most of the magazines use. If any magazine is able to record a sustained 1.5g average (instantaneous peak numbers are meaningless) in an ACR on Sport Cups around a standard 100' skidpad, I will eat my hat.
I suspect (but don't know for sure) that it is the composite of peak lateral G's around a road course, similar to Motor Trend's recent handling test at Laguna Seca. There the Porsche GT3 hit a peak of 1.69 and averaged approximately 1.3 around the course - on Pilot Sport Cup tires (same as the ACR):

lateralg.jpg

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated before in another thread, the value of 1.5G is most likely a peak G load. It is not necessarily meaningless, just that people are taking it out of context. I did not see anything by Dodge that said it was a skidpad number.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, neither one without a full roll cage, harnesses, etc. NASA- HPDE or TT only.

The Racers on this site knew what i was talking about. Posers wouldn't.....As in any race series there are certain rules that need to be followed. Your understanding of this car is only for HPDE or Time Trials. If you want to know the truth i personally would not do a TT without a cage & other saftey equipment....

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Racers on this site knew what i was talking about. Posers wouldn't.....As in any race series there are certain rules that need to be followed. Your understanding of this car is only for HPDE or Time Trials. If you want to know the truth i personally would not do a TT without a cage & other saftey equipment....

Amen to that - comparing the 2 is kinda pointless cuz unless you make the ACR a racecar you wont be seeing many competing together. I say this in context of the thread title, which implies that they would be competing in some way together...

side note - people seem to not really put much importance in the huge weight differential, which if the question is asking which is faster on a roadcoarse would mean ALOT. 300 pounds lighter on a 3 mile course or 80hp....boy thats a close call especially is the configuration is tight.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told at a recent Viper Days event the contract for the next 50 CC's would not have the 8.4L. I was told this by a CC owner and dealer.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the privilege to drive our National Presidents CC and all I can say is that it was probably the best all around race car I have ever driven.(i have raced everything from FF and sedans to Nascar) It would be very hard to be better then the Comp Coupe with a non tube frame car. The balance on the CC is remarkable and the brakes were outstanding. A drag race maybe a different story but on a Road Course my money would be on a CC any day.Although I would love Dodge to prove me wrong :) this wasn't meant to take anything away from the new ACR,I love the new ACR .....Thank you Dodge you guys have made something very special.....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....Well Jon, like i said i was guessing that they would put the 8.4L 600hp in the CC and am suprised they are not(at least for '08). I guessed wrong i wonder why they are not putting it in, anyone with official technical reasons why they are not?.....

The technical reasons are the ones mentioned: FIA and WCGT will not allow the car to race now, with current HP levels, without an approx and variable 46% restrictor! And if any car still succeeds, they add WEIGHT penalty! Producing the car with +100HP would put it in a class by itself.
SCCA would allow it in SPO....but 3000lbs and 600HP in SPO can be meager. We had a 750HP VCC here and it was occasionally on the podium.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc