whats it worth to you

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost im not trying to sell my car here..there are rules that say if you wanna put up a ad in the classifides then its 30$...im just asking a simple question.......could you let your gen 3 go for high 30s or low 40s......i thought I could....but now that the situation is upon me im wanting to back out....

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope you don't use the funds for more camcorders, helmet mounted or otherwise.:rolaugh::rolaugh: Why not dump the NSX?

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the nsx is for sale too...guy checked it out last night....I want to sell both and get a SSG 2008..

The nsx I have no problem letting go what so ever...Im willing to give it away and make very little money..

The Viper on the other hand...even around 40k im makeing quite a bit of change..But thats not even it..Now that the cards are down....im backing out...I havent yet...But im feeling more and more that I will tonight..
Guy already got pre approved ect and is doing the final inspection tonight...He's excited and Im 99% sure he's buying it...

But every time I look at it I feel like a FOOL...These cars are just so special...And even though I feel bad about possibly wasteing this guys time....Im just not sure I can do this...

As well I WAS 100% SURE I WANTED A 2008 COUPE..

but again now that the cards are down im looking at my vert and thinking how much it will **** to not be able to put the top down..

im wondering just how much dose the drive by wire and no low end grunt ****?????

Again Im not trying to sell my car here and I apoligize to the mods if it seema that way...But high 30's or low 40's for an srt10 at this point is just feeling like Im literally shooting myself in the foot for such an amazeing vehicle...

Again could any of you let an srt go for around that much????

I asked the question whats it worth to YOU...And what im starting to realize is that mine is worth much more to me than I thought..

Sorry for the rambling...Just frustrated and I have less than 3 hours to figure this out before he comes

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, yes it's worth it. If the Verts had the coupe rear, then hell no

I'm kinda in the same boat...since drag racing mine last weekend, I'm thinking a stock Gen III coupe wouldn't be as fun as my Paxton vert. On the other hand, starting a new "mod project" is exciting too!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ditch the car and buy the 08---- the ssg is crazy amazing--- the coupe is even more... but thats just me----------:eater:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the nsx guy..He will be calling me tomorrow with a possible offer on the nsx...

I have made my mind up that if the Viper buyer makes an offer tonight I will tell him I need a few days to think about it and then if the nsx buyer decides to purchase I will give the viper buyer a price I feel is fair..More than likely mid 40's....If the nsx buyer decides not to purchase then I may let the viper go around the 40K mark...

Selling one will get me one step closer to what I "THINK" I want..the 2008 SSG coupe

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 minutes.....He called me and asked if he can have the car cover ect..He's buying it..Very little question at this point..I can hear the excitement in his voice and I remember my first viper purchase..I feel like the devil at this point...

So 30 minutes and he's here...man oh man what have I gotten myself into?

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always had one question for you which I always keep forgetting to ask.....

Why are you an enthusiast and not a VCA member?

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The market seems so soft right now, if you've got a buyer interested you are better off than most other sellers. Ive got a gorgeous low miles silver 04 vert with a paxton, extras, and no issues or disappointments, and I can't even get anyone to look @ it. I had it on ebay for @45K (no reserve auction) Of course I was hoping to get upper 40's for it. But no takers, talk about a bargain IMHO. Oh well. Good luck with your decision, whichever way you choose.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He came with a friend and they inspected the car much harder than i was inticipateing...The end result was they were very impressed with the car...

I like the guy..i told him how i had beat a new Z06 but they were fast for stockers..he said "yea they are fast but you see them every were..they are a Dime a dozen..nothin g like this" LOL this guy has future viper owner written all over him....

So he said he wanted to buy it and said lets talk numbers now..I said "i tell you what..think about it tonight and call me tomorrow..If you still want it tomorrow then we will talk"

Again I feel bad but Im just not sure I can part with it..I as well need to sleep on it

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The market seems so soft right now, if you've got a buyer interested you are better off than most other sellers. Ive got a gorgeous low miles silver 04 vert with a paxton, extras, and no issues or disappointments, and I can't even get anyone to look @ it. I had it on ebay for @45K (no reserve auction) Of course I was hoping to get upper 40's for it. But no takers, talk about a bargain IMHO. Oh well. Good luck with your decision, whichever way you choose.

Hawaii is just a differant animal..A Viper is so rare here many have never seen one..The nsx buyer last night had never seen a viper..

If they want one..Are they gonna buy mine or sight unseen for one in the mainland plus the thousands for shipping or hundreds for a plane ticket to go to a state just to look at a car..

balls in my court

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sell them both . I wouldn't sell the snake for under mid 40's . You have already made up your mind that you want a new one . I couldn't make up my mind when I had my z06 and GTS. If I should sell my Z while I could, and put that money towards an 08 . Needless to say I kept it for a summer barely drove it and sold it for 5k less than what I could have if I sold it in the Spring to a guy who was willing to buy it . I think it will be very hard for you to regret your decision. Your desire for the 08 probably won't go away anytime soon .

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ball is definetly in your court . You will be sad to see it go but that will all be erased when you get your new one . If you have a buyer that is willing to pay what you want for it . You are definetly ahead of most of the rest of us trying to sell ours . I have been trying all year to sell mine so I could upgrade to an SSG .

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my feeling is that I could never sell one of my vipers. I just wait until I can afford the next one. My partner had a 97 GTS that he sold years ago and still regrets it. Even though I love the coupe for so many reasons it is still fun to cruise around in the rt with no top. There are great reasons to own either but the best solution is to have both! My next step is to get another GTS or a gen 5 if that impresses me more than the gen 4. Also is you are thinking about going to the gen 4 I would suggest waiting until there is more info on the gen 5, you might be more interested in that plus I will bet the gen 4 prices will drop a bit.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which will also mean the Gen 3 prices will drop as well. I wish I could afford all Gen. Snakes but some of us can't finacially swing it or don't want to wait . I don't regret selling my GTS because I can buy one now for cheaper than I sold mine for .

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, I've seen your car. You have some tasteful mods, but there are a couple of paint issues. I'd say low 40s is not too bad a price at this time. Sorry, just being honest with you.

If you like the vert why not get an 08 or 09 vert? Why does it have to be a coup? In Hawaii I'd have a vert any day.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I'd think a viper in Hawaii is worth more than the same car on the mainland since there. Ant be many of them there and the cost of importing must be high

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell the car dude. Whats gonna be worse? Missing the gen III but having 600hp SSG to console you and make you forget about it? OR Keeping the Gen III and never again being able to get 40k plus for it, especially if it was hit and repainted like has been said, thus never being able to get a Gen IV for just now?

Id hate to be that guy if he buys it and then finds out he paid high for a hit car unless you already disclosed this to him and he is still willing to pay 40k plus. Hawaii is a small Island. Tell the man if you havent already done so.

Some impetus:): Pics I Googled.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell the car dude. Whats gonna be worse? Missing the gen III but having 600hp SSG to console you and make you forget about it? OR Keeping the Gen III and never again being able to get 40k plus for it, especially if it was hit and repainted like has been said, thus never being able to get a Gen IV for just now?

Id hate to be that guy if he buys it and then finds out he paid high for a hit car unless you already disclosed this to him and he is still willing to pay 40k plus. Hawaii is a small Island. Tell the man if you havent already done so.

Some impetus:): Pics I Googled.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sweet SSG, I'd say let her go a get a SSG vert!!! :2tu: