Whats my 06 coupe worth?

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its yellow with 5 spoke wheels, like new with 6500 freeway miles on it. What do you guys think its worth? A good opportunity has presented itself which may force me to sell my baby!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good question. I really have no idea since many are not really on the market with mileage on them. I would probably say High 70's low 80's.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good question. I really have no idea since many are not really on the market with mileage on them. I would probably say High 70's low 80's.

F355, with as much respect to you as possible and I apologize ahead of time for the many ways my response will be misunderstood or construed by you and others; and yes the question was asked and an answer is appropriate in coming. In my humble opinion, you have single handedly undermined the value of the SRT-10 and SRT-C more than any one single factor in the market by your constant "expert" responses to the values and score keeping you have done on Gen III pricing.

I really am sorry sir, but with all the banter, debates, posturing and foul play I and others have done on this forum, I have never disliked a person's opinion more than yours with your constant responses to the Gen III value and styling expertise. Water will seek it's own level and your constant devaluing the price will have a lasting affect. Possibly you could have waited for one of the dealers that frequent this board and there are a few, before you answered in your normal one or two sentence post number building. Is it necessary for you to comment on every post and every response with the "hmm, sounds interesting" or "me too, I like the color" post number building style you have so expertly crafted?

Again sir, I really do apologize to you for being so offended by your responses on value, its just you seem not to be able to help yourself. Please be assured, the value of my car is what it is, but there are many you have hurt. And yes, because you are a constant poster on this issue, all it takes is one person like yourself to do so much damage. Consider when a newbie or interested possible buyer reads such off the cuff responses by a person of your stature in regards to the VCA Forum, do you really think you are doing what is best for VCA, the Viper and its future if there is one? How about the guys that paid MSRP because they had to have the car right now and later venture in to this forum. I truely believe it is not your intention to do harm and you are probably a very nice young man but if you would please stop being the formost expert on Gen III values it would only add to your stature in my opinion, of which I may be a minority of one.

I am really going to catch hell for this, so flame away if you must. I probably deserve it just for letting you get to me, sorry.

Larry

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really pathetic apology at the end.

Spoken with the heaviest English accent:
"Quite a retard, really. Americans with their opinions, hmph!"

The value is what it is. To tell the honest truth, this site is not the end all, be all source for a price. Sure people will research before buying unless it's an impulse purchase. Sure, I'd like to get top dollar when I sell, but I am smart enough to understand that cars depreciate and I am not driving a Viper to make money. I drive it to enjoy it until it's time to move on. If I can't stand the thought of $10,000 going '****', I'm WAY too anal-retentive about material things. To say that only good opinions should be posted and that will keep the value up is ********, and to suggest that a couple bad opinions will drive the value down the toilet is just as stupid.

The SRT-C's are being bought from the low $80's to the low 90's. Seems right to say that a car with 6000+ miles would bring down the value a little. Let's say high $70's to low $80's! Who would pay more when they can have a brand new one for 'about' the same price?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

F355, with as much respect to you as possible and I apologize ahead of time for the many ways my response will be misunderstood or construed by you and others; and yes the question was asked and an answer is appropriate in coming. In my humble opinion, you have single handedly undermined the value of the SRT-10 and SRT-C more than any one single factor in the market by your constant "expert" responses to the values and score keeping you have done on Gen III pricing.

I really am sorry sir, but with all the banter, debates, posturing and foul play I and others have done on this forum, I have never disliked a person's opinion more than yours with your constant responses to the Gen III value and styling expertise. Water will seek it's own level and your constant devaluing the price will have a lasting affect. Possibly you could have waited for one of the dealers that frequent this board and there are a few, before you answered in your normal one or two sentence post number building. Is it necessary for you to comment on every post and every response with the "hmm, sounds interesting" or "me too, I like the color" post number building style you have so expertly crafted?

Again sir, I really do apologize to you for being so offended by your responses on value, its just you seem not to be able to help yourself. Please be assured, the value of my car is what it is, but there are many you have hurt. And yes, because you are a constant poster on this issue, all it takes is one person like yourself to do so much damage. Consider when a newbie or interested possible buyer reads such off the cuff responses by a person of your stature in regards to the VCA Forum, do you really think you are doing what is best for VCA, the Viper and its future if there is one? How about the guys that paid MSRP because they had to have the car right now and later venture in to this forum. I truely believe it is not your intention to do harm and you are probably a very nice young man but if you would please stop being the formost expert on Gen III values it would only add to your stature in my opinion, of which I may be a minority of one.

I am really going to catch hell for this, so flame away if you must. I probably deserve it just for letting you get to me, sorry.

Larry

what a drama queen

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Larry

what a drama queen

Dude,
Look where he's from. Only two things come from California. Steers and ******, and I don't see no horns on him :D

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my simple answer is a lot less than what you paid for it.

a knowledgable buyer off this board could find one a new at dealer invoice pretty quick i'd imagine. so my guess is anything you paid over dealer invoice the taxes and registration are gone, now take off another 8-10k for the mileage. best of luck getting a good return but not likely.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
relminv-Your response is nothing short of disgusting, not only to F355 but to the rest of us as well. Sensible people do their homework before making a purchase and do not rely on the opinions of one person.

I, for one, appreciate F355's input and would encourage him to continue doing so. You owe him a better apology than offered.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess a positive rebuttal would mention that it really does the Viper Nation harm when people quote the lowest price they have seen as the current going market price.

Some people quote auction prices, where the worst of the worst are dumped to avoid liability, and sell to dealers that will buy the car at that price, only if they feel they can sell it at a quick profit. Few on this board quote the higher selling price, but only the auction price.

Others quote the prices from sketchy Florida dealers as the market price, when upon close scrutiny they mostly have stories attached.

My point is that people that quote the lowest prices to get some sort of perverse enjoyment do the Viper Nation no favors.

In light of this, I would still have to agree that high $70's to low $80 is still accurate.

PS. Lots of ****** in Cali, but really few steers. Fruits and nuts analogy usually more appropriate. (Think that makes me a steer/nut).

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't think your comment about the person quoting a lower price is doing the viper nation no favors is correct. an educated consumer will always seek out the best price/condition for the money. i dont think it's possible for our small close knit group to keep hush hush about market prices and to in turn artificially keep prices higher than they might be other wise. i also think that most people here would like to see our fellow and future viper brothers and sisters to enter our community at the best price possible and not feel that they have been taken advantage of/or that they overpaid post purchase

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Mike don't you find it interesting that the Gen I/II forum quotes the highest prices observed to bolster their needs while those on the Gen III forum continually reinforce the lowest possible prices, even though the prices stated are not attainable by the vast majority of buyers.

I also question the rationale and impact. Given the relatively small owner and potential ownership group I do believe that price quotations on the Viper web sites do influence the actual prices. In both directions.

I should add that most of the low prices quoted on the Gen III in the Gen III forum are NOT by Gen III owners. Strange.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith is a great guy and gives his opinion based on observations like we all do..the market will dictate prices..

What is Keith all of a sudden " THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE" ? Hey keith tell me where interest rates are going so I can make a killing! LOL

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude,
Look where he's from. Only two things come from California. Steers and ******, and I don't see no horns on him :D

99 R/T 10
Viper Owner

Reged: 06/04/01
Loc: Enterprise, AL USA

Hey dude,

herd bout you guys in Enterprise, Alabamy. Where men are men and sheep are nervous.

:2tu:

werent takin bout yo'al. S T F U

N

Nobody

Besides that what's an old 01 blue and baby poo brown interior rt10 worth these days bout 20k? think I saw one on ebay for under 15K that would'nt sell LOL

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys pitched in own how unappropriate Larry's comment was. Being new to the Viper family I was beginning to get worried about what I might say to offend someone. Glad to see all you guys can't make diamonds with your ring piece

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude,

99 R/T 10
Viper Owner

Hey dude,

herd bout you guys in Enterprise, Alabamy. Where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Enterprise, Alabama is a military town, and home to many great Americans that serve this country well. Be smart and quit while you're behind. :bonker: :buttkick:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude,

99 R/T 10
Viper Owner

Hey dude,

Enterprise, Alabama is a military town, and home to many great Americans that serve this country well. Be smart and quit while you're behind. :bonker: :buttkick:

Warfang:

I live in San Diego, CALIFORNIA. Northern part of our state has military? Bit of military here too. They all serve our country well. Warfang, want to take a shot at me regarding the substance of my post go for it. Want to stick up for young Kieth because he is a friend or fellow VCA member, great. I know he is liked by many, which is why I referred to his stature and wrote in the manner I did.

Otherwise you're just another Gen I/II dude attempting to change subjects and misdirect attention on the Gen III board to show off to your peers; another anonymous epersona bad man. Taking a shot at my patriotism makes you what? Oh yeah, a real internet hero. :nono:

I own property in Montgomery, Mobile, ; ;;; and Enterprise, ALABAMA. Having a little fun with 99 R/T 10 as he did with me. There are many good Americans in my employ in Alabama that work hard and are just plain good people. Some of them are Ex and part-time Military. Think I was disparaging them? I ain't angry at nobody and I'm not keeping score as to who is ahead or not. You my friend are a bit disgusting. :usa: :usa: :usa:

I also stand by everything I have written and directed to young Keith. No apologies coming except those I stated previously.

Larry

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that my 1st Viper was a 95 RT10. I now have a 05 SRT10. I don't even open the Gen I/II sites, why is it that so many Gen I/II owners need to open let alone respond to Gen III issues? Bill

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viperrt...I too have had Gen 2's and 3's..But now that I'm driving a Gen 2, I promise to never look at a Gen 3 post ever again.........You sir, are a very special person.....

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You asked what people thought it would be worth, and then attack the person that actually answers it honestly?

Maybe it's actually people like you that are damaging the value of the Gen III cars?

Mike M

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Larry

Sounds like you have a personal problem with me. Too bad but stating the truth should not result in bashing. And as for the pricing, I think many dealers will agree with the pricing. Lastly, my posting style? Are you kidding me? Just because of the way I post, you feel that I do not deserve my post count? I feel that I have devoted a lot of time to this board and have hopefully helped at least one person. I have not done anything wrong and I love this board so sorry, you are just going to have to deal with it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
relminv-Your response is nothing short of disgusting, not only to F355 but to the rest of us as well. Sensible people do their homework before making a purchase and do not rely on the opinions of one person.

I, for one, appreciate F355's input and would encourage him to continue doing so. You owe him a better apology than offered.

Thank you very much. I appricate it. I am not here trying to be a jacka**. I hope that all my efforts at least help the people that they should.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith is a great guy and gives his opinion based on observations like we all do..the market will dictate prices..

What is Keith all of a sudden " THE CHAIRMAN OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE" ? Hey keith tell me where interest rates are going so I can make a killing! LOL

How do you think I bought the Viper? LOL!!!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How do you think I bought the Viper? LOL!!!

Keith, before I got my Viper and was just a lurker around here, I made observations of the types of people here... some nice, some @$$holes. You were always in the nice category, and definately a positve contributor on this site. :2tu:

The guy is way off... on crack or something. Nobody in their right mind would have thought you were being negative with your guess at price of a used srtc. As a matter of fact, just about everyone who would know agrees with your numbers. It's not like you said it was worth $2. I think a car losing 10-15 percent of it's value after a few thousand miles is not unheard of. Maybe he's one of those guys that go on eBay and tries to sell his Viper for 3x the value. :rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Otherwise you're just another Gen I/II dude attempting to change subjects and misdirect attention on the Gen III board to show off to your peers

As I recall, you seem to be the one chaning the subject with your "jokes". Even gen3 folks are sticking up for Keith. His numbers are pretty consistant with the used car market, and was NEVER meant to be malicious. You've got nothing to stand on other than your insecurities. I think Gen3's are awesome... maybe you should think so too. :rolleyes:

I've never met Keith and feel odd calling him Keith because I've never met him, or corresponded in any way other than postings here, but he's a good guy in my book. I can't say the same about some other people on this board...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery