Whats the big deal about VOI cars?

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pardon my stupidity, but since I came on the forum and have purchased and researched different Vipers I always notice something that I have searched and cant find an answer too. If there is a "VOI" Viper for sale I always see that car up in lights. "VOI 9 Viper for sale in MI" "VOI 10 83 of 200" etc. etc. Feel free to bash me because it is a forum and I have thick skin but what is the big deal about a VOI car. From my point of view it is a car that attended a large national gathering. I have been on many forums before this, 3000gt's, corvettes, Supras etc. and they all have national gatherings but I never hear of a car being sold or referred to as one that attended.

Can someone please explain the allure of the a car that attended VOI? And what makes it more valuable?

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT bashing anybody's car or the event itself, just wondering what makes a car that attends more valuable.

Thank you in advance.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI cars are not cars that attended the events, but special edition Vipers that were produced in limited numbers to be displayed and sold at the event. The only way to get one was to order and pay for it, and pick it up at the event. These usually had special colors, trims, and accents that were unique to these cars.

There was usually a special area where purchasers could see all the cars on display and meet with some of the Viper Team, and chat with others picking up their cars at the same time.

Each car will usually have a mounted plaque that states limited edition Number XX out of ***. Makes each one unique.

Once the edition was sold out, they could no longer be ordered, thus, special edition VOI

See what happens when you assume : >)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are the leader in special editions/special dealer editions/final editions/limited editions/dealer limited editions/.....etc...
Then they make more of the special/final editions than the REGULAR colors..lol...
But you do get a dash plaque.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The only way to get one was to order and pay for it, and pick it up at the event. These usually had special colors, trims, and accents that were unique to these cars.

VOI 10 cars could be be ordered and picked up at the dealership. Some dealers already had them on the showroom floor.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marketing...in the end...they're just vipers with a little more documentation/blah...blah...blah. You'll find that a lot of owners like the whole...my viper is x of x because of the year/color scheme. It's a lot to do about nothing.

My viper is 1 of 30,000...actually once you start moding your viper it's always a 1 of 1. :headbang:

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question! Sounds like it's "just one of those things" - I would feel for anyone if they paid extra $ for one but whatever. Was the dolphin car a VOI special? :(

Then they make more of the special/final editions than the REGULAR colors..lol...But you do get a dash plaque.

It does appear that this happens a lot, no?

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Didn't the 2006 VOI coupes have a special aero package you couldn't get otherwise? The white w/ blue stripes ones?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dolphin was not a VOI Special. It was a creation of a certain artist who has even devalued Lambos with his artist expressions.

There are also VOI Raffle Cars that are one of kind with paint schemes that is tied into the theme of the event.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't the 2006 VOI coupes have a special aero package you couldn't get otherwise? The white w/ blue stripes ones?

The VOI 9 cars had a performance package that could be ordered separately through PREFIX that included a wing, splitter, and performance upgrades under the hood. I believe there were less then five cars ordered with that package. Two were at VOI 9.

l_179f979315120cfa5e190c71d0417abe.jpg

l_40345d62ec83de14f996e6131cec4f6a.jpg

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is really cool that a car company rallies around a club like Viper has. How many other companies build a car around a club?

Bruce

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What other car company delivers your car to you and arranges your break in miles to be at a NASCAR oval : >)

VOI cars are sold at what ever discount price you can negotiate with your local dealer, and usually command a premium resale.

Special editions breath extra life and enthusiasm into a vehicle line-up. Gives marketing the chance to try out fresh option and color packages, and adds additional pride of ownership.

The GT2 or first of the ACR's still command some of the highest resale premiums of any Viper special edition produced.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only different on the 10th VOI is that it have wheels and brakes from the ACR

VOI 10 cars came with ACR rims mounted with PS2's, they all had NAV, and at the time were the only GEN IV vipers to come in silver with special black "FANG" stripes. The silver was special in that no Viper had been done in that shade of silver. Also, special VOI badging was done on the cars along with a numbered plaque. Side note... while all VOI cars were to come with an all black interior there were a few that left the factory with the Graphite "hydrographic" bezels. Another side note....standard Viper and ACR Viper brakes are the same.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Special editions breath extra life and enthusiasm into a vehicle line-up. Gives marketing the chance to try out fresh option and color packages, and adds additional pride of ownership.

Possible....but I stay away from anything to do with special editions. Every automaker uses this marketing strategy particularly at the end of a production run (between models etc). Certainly would not pay an extra penny for one. My viper does not need to be 1 of 1 to make me happy.