What's the price of a Viper Rental?

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s the price of a Viper Rental?

A truck pranged the trunk deck of my RT-10. The insurance company of the guy who hit me screwed around showing up to look at the car. My attorney says that I'm entitled to the cost of a rental of the Viper while mine was out of commission (about 30 days because they screwed around). Do any of you know where they rent Vipers so that I can get a quote to submit to the insurance company?

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the price of a Viper Rental?

Russ,

I have seen a place that rent vipers and other high priced cars at a place close to FLL just off 595 and High way 1 - I can't remember the name of the place though, but if you wish I will can find out.

OP
OP
Russ Oasis

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys...that's good. I got what I need from your links.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

A much better place is Rent-A- Vette, as his quality of cars is what a Viper Owner would expect. He is a Viper owner, himself, and has pristine ones to
rent ( along with Prowlers, etc. ) The toll free number in Vegas is ---800-372-1981, and then hit 0. When the operator picks up ask for John Kiland
(Kee- land ). He loves Snakes , is a certificate holder, and even has an SRT-10.

Bill Pemberton

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill is on the money,

The GTS I took for a day in the mountains from DreamCarRentals was a basketcase, scared me off buying one actually thinking all the problems were not specific to the car.

Luckily I smartened up......

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Back in '96, Camera Ready Cars (division of MetalCrafters, the Viper proto builder) rented mine for $400/day for almost a month. Zero added miles, detailed and a check for almost $12K.

A right place, right time scenario. :D

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there is a place in tampa that is like 500 a day for a viper. its in florida and has no compition like the vegas guys, mabey you could work the ins co harder. call 411 for tampa

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've only seem them as rentals in Vegas for $325 per day with a 150 mile limit(I think they charge another $1 per mile ).

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So was the point of this post to get a quote to get reimbursed by the insurance company? I guess you are entitled to a rental and it seems to be an easy way to pick up some cash, but why?

Now I know why insurance costs so much. Just my opinion. :usa:

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

but should the insurance company take a month away from you driving you car because they "didnt have the time" ?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

but should the insurance company take a month away from you driving you car because they "didnt have the time" ?

The way I interpret the post is that it took 30 days from the accident to get the car driveable again. Don't know the extent of the repair, but I think a Viper may take more attention than say a honda.

IN MY OPINION this is excessive and is one of the reasons why premiums have continued to climb. I feel some resonability should be exercised by all. I think it is unwise to pay $ for $ the cost of a some rentals. Imagine if one wrecked an Enzo or McLaren.

I guess if the other insurance was offering then why not..... It just does not sit well with me personally. :usa:

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well, i took it differnt then that, i took it as if it took 30 days for the insurance comapny to come out and look at the car, but if it is the way you put it, i agree.
but if it really was 30 days to come out just to look at the car, its excessive and they should pay for it.

OP
OP
Russ Oasis

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know guys...some of you always think the worst, no matter what. Here's the deal: A commercial truck rammed into me when I was at a dead stop. The truck lied to the cops about who the insurance company was. A week later, I got the right company and they said it would take a week for them to come to see the car. (2 weeks no car at this point) I had already gotten 3 estimates by that time and was willing to go with the middle estimate. But NOOOOO..the insurance company insisted on seeing the car and then didn't show up for 2 weeks instead of one (now 3 weeks no car). They finally came and approved the repairs. One more week later (now 4 weeks no car), the car was ready but the insurance company would not send the check to the repair shop as they then claimed that they didn't have a chance to see the car (I have their written approval in hand). These dregs of society are used to jerking people around who don't have the money to fight them so that they can reduce what they pay out. I paid for the car to get it out of the shop and will now strong-arm them with a lawsuit that includes a replacement vehicle for the period in which I lost use of my car (to say nothing of the loss of value to the vehicle itself because it has a new trunk lid). So, while I agree that many people unnecessarily try to milk an insurance company, there are some insurance companies who try to screw those who suffered a loss. So for all of you who think that the insurance company shouldn't have to pay for the loss of use; should they be punished for NOT paying what I have their written authorization to repair? Check your state laws. In Florida, when your car is hit you are entitled to a replacement car while it is being repaired. The guy who hit me got a ticket for careless driving. I still have not been paid by his insurance company...it's 6 weeks later. What's the question here guys????? In my humble opinion, some of you make up stories or scenarios about what I might be doing when all I did was ask a question about the price of a rental.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you have to leave your 5 mil. penthouse due to
another owners negligence. Should you get to stay at the Ritz/Carlton or the Motel 6? Don't damage other peoples
property if you can't afford to fix it. This also goes for
using cheap insurance companies.

Insurance takes up to 45% of my total gross income,I have
no pity on them.

You have a good theory Russ but it probably won't fly.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[quote) What's the question here guys????? In my humble opinion, some of you make up stories or scenarios about what I might be doing when all I did was ask a question about the price of a rental.

[/QUOTE]

Since I am the someone, that is exactly what it was . A question. A question about the point of the post. Then there was an interpretation and a hypothetical discussion between 2 people. And now there are the facts as written by you. Thanks for your response.

Good luck.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I rented my car out once for $350 for the day (plus dinner) for a wedding once. I drove the car up, went to the wedding/reception, then they drove off in my car to a hotel where I picked up my car and went home.

It was a lot of fun for me, and $350 wasn't too bad for going to a wedding. :laugh:

The best local rental places had was a Boxter, for $330 a day! :(

-Dean.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Russ,
Having had a similar experience with Royal & SunAlliance Insurance
of Virginia, stay with it. They stonewalled me for months, because they
could. Virginia has no requirement to mediate, so they just say no to data
that does not agree with their ONE CAR price, vs several other sources.
They also just plain ignored Virginia law, saying their policy
"had no provision" for the legal requirements, because they could.
My company, "Viper Rent LLC" at www.viperrent.com rents my pristine
2000 GTS (ask others here) in Maryland, from $400 per weekday to $450
per weekend day, weddings, etc.
email me at [email protected] if I can help.
Good luck.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck. Insurance companies really know how to screw their PAYING customers over. It is a pain. When I was in an accident they had my Mercedes in the shop for 3 MONTHS!!!!!! :eek: What a pain that was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950