1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the story here?

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by Endeka, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Endeka

Endeka Enthusiast

Hey,

New owner of a gen II ACR here. Can anyone give me the "too long, didn't read" version of what's been going on with this website and the VCA, or links to where I can understand the whole picture? I'm just trying to understand what the turmoil I'm seeing around here is all about.

2. Allan

Allan Enthusiast

Civil war like the north vs the south...........................

.............except with this, it feels to me like nobody wins anything.

Just a lot of blood on the wall.

3. Paul Hawker

Paul Hawker Enthusiast

Viper Club of America has been the representative club for Viper Owners for over 20 years. They are the ones that provide this forum.

A couple years ago, they got a little full of themselves, and became pretty divided on the board.

A couple of the VCA Board members decided to set up their own club, and has solicited all the VCA members to jump ship and join their new club.

They believe they have good reason, and the VCA has responded by changing to resolve many of the complaints.

Now the two clubs have locked horns claiming they are the better club, and each are soliciting membership.

The new club is pretty much promising everything a member could want in the form of reformed structure. Believe that no elections are yet on their calendar, but they have agreed withing themselves who will run their club for the first year or so.

All the VCA officers are standing for election early next year, and it will depend on who is elected as what direction the club will go in 2014.

Whole thing is a bit of a mess.

Now a whole bunch of fan boys from each side will decend on this post and tell everybody why their club is best, and pretty much rip this post to shreds.

Some are staying VCA
    Some are going VOA
    Some plan to do both
    Some are pretty much fed up with the whole thing and will join neither.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  4. tbsviper

tbsviper Enthusiast

A fair summary Paul.

By the way, congrats on the ACR purchase. Everyone always likes pictures. If in another thread sorry I missed it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  5. FOViper

FOViper Enthusiast

This sums it up.

If you want the FULL story you have to go on the alley. There's a 140 page thread on the situation with facts, letters, emails, etc...

6. JAY

JAY Enthusiast

You may want to check with your local region , to see what direction they have gone in . Most events happen at the regional level . JMO :realsad:

7. canadian venom

canadian venom Enthusiast

exactly:2tu:

8. Endeka

Endeka Enthusiast

Link?

Also, I brought it back flying right before a bad weather system that's relentlessly dumped snow, so no DSLR pics yet. This is from the dealer:

http://i.imgur.com/UtFm3mF.jpg

I have the BBS wheels too, but they're not mounted.
    http://i.imgur.com/Z62gTxf.jpg

9. doctorbob

doctorbob Enthusiast

Pretty good summation. Enjoy your car. Give it some time....it will sort itself out.

10. Camfab

Camfab Enthusiast

Your car looks great in those pics. Hope you get your hood sorted out. Don't get involved in the political BS, because that's all that it is. In the end we're all Viper enthusiasts and nearly everyone you meet on either side are great people.

11. TrackAire

TrackAire Enthusiast

Your car looks fantastic....totally love the no stripe look.

If you're not a past member, don't waste your time worrying about the political crap. Since you have a Gen 2 you'll be needing more and more tech help as the car gets older and will obviously need more stuff (replacement parts, tech tips, etc). You can't enjoy the Viper Nation if your car is not running like it should.

At this point, knowledge is your friend. Having people to ask questions of that have "been there, done that" is going to be your greatest asset. I would recommend you look at both groups, maybe even joining both for a year or two and figure out which group will be the most helpful and useful in your area. If you like both clubs, heck, you might even stay with both since the cost of membership really is not the issue.

Having two Viper clubs is really going to make them both better as competition is good. Choices are good. Use their political crap to your advantage.

Cheers,
    George

12. Endeka

Endeka Enthusiast

I should have been clearer; I'm not looking to get involved with politics or dig up dirt; I'm interested because my wife asked me how the groups diverged and I honestly had no idea.