what's this car worth??

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 Yellow GTS, 28k miles. Roe Supercharged with Belanger exhaust, VECII, aftemarket wheels, rockers, GTSR wing (attaches to plate).4 owner car. Problem with carfax, shows mileage discrepancy and was involved in minor rear end accident with parked car. Autocheck only has 45 score because of this, not that it matters probably.

Seller is asking $64k which obviously is not even close. Question is what is it worth?

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks that's kind of what I was thinking. Until I saw the vehicle history report I figured it was worth at least 40, but no way with the accident and mileage discrepancy. I wouldn't care about those things but they would be issues if I ever went to sell.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, if you were to keep the car then probably no big deal, but try to sell it... Maybe some others will chime in--my opinion is what I might consider paying and I think it may be a little high considering everything. With that history I would not even offer that for fear the seller may take it!

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is what the car looks like.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice, but you won't be able to buy it...you go in there offering $20-25k off their asking price, as unbelievable as it is, they're gonna laugh in your face.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
in shopping around ive noticed a lot of people have an inflated sense of what their car is worth.
if someone is REALLY high they havent figured it out yet. if someone is at 64k on a car thats worth 40k, hes not ready to come down as hes still in denial.
youre probably gonna have to wait him out.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so with the branded carfax is it actually worth 40k? that's what I'm trying to figure out. He acts like he is negotiable and I started at 40 until I realized it had the mileage history and accident.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im seeing a lot of salvage title cars out there looking for top dollar.

MODERATOR EDIT NO LINKS PLEASE

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say no. But, I am no expert, however, I have bought a lot of cars over the last 30 years.

I can't believe that at their asking price you would have to worry a lot about it being sold right away so that should give you more time for research. Wait for others to chime in. Talk to Jon B or John Gastman at Roanoke. Actually, if you are in the market I would suggest John to see what he has. He is honest and reputatble.

Buy something lower miles and with a good history and put your own supercharger on it. You would be much better off. In any event, you should have time to do more research and ask more people--don't be in a hurry. What they are asking for it is just, well, stupid.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't actually have a salvage title, the carfax just says "Mileage reported may not be actual miles", and it shows a big red flag. Not sure if its just a DMV mixup or what.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It doesn't actually have a salvage title, the carfax just says "Mileage reported may not be actual miles", and it shows a big red flag. Not sure if its just a DMV mixup or what.

i know but my point is that there are still title problems etc and theyre looking for top-top dollar. let em sit on it.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bet you can get this one for about $32 and it is absolutely beautiful. I can check it out for you if you like and help you with shipping if needed, it's about 20-30 miles from my house...

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it does look nice but id like to see more pics and more details. 5k in upgrades.... like what?
nice car though

email him through craigslist and get his #. Get all the info you need and let me know if you're interested I'll go and personally inspect it with a fine tooth comb, I'll take a buddy of mine with me (master mechanic and body guy). After you talk to him give him a call back in a couple of months, It'll be nice and cold here in Michigan, might get a great price on it...But dam it's a sharp looking car, I think alot of people note the hard top and etc as upgrades, that's probably the 5k he's talk'n about but not sure. Anyways lmk what he says

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
email him through craigslist and get his #. Get all the info you need and let me know if you're interested I'll go and personally inspect it with a fine tooth comb, I'll take a buddy of mine with me (master mechanic and body guy). After you talk to him give him a call back in a couple of months, It'll be nice and cold here in Michigan, might get a great price on it...But dam it's a sharp looking car, I think alot of people note the hard top and etc as upgrades, that's probably the 5k he's talk'n about but not sure. Anyways lmk what he says

it doesnt sound like a bad deal, but i have to sell my car first b4 buying anything else.
thanks so much for the offer though.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a ~30K car with wheels that need to be changed, tires are just as bad. add a few bucks for the roe and MAYBE you are at $40K TOPS with no other issues. this guy is smoking something good and i want some of it...hard to imagine anyone looking more into this car at anywhere near the asking price

id offer 40K if he puts on new tires

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the car is priced for someone not familiar with Gen 2s. In the final analysis, you really can't blame the dealer for seeing what big (and ignorant-of-the-facts) fish are out there who may feel they got a complete score by negotiating it down to $55 ;-). If it sells to someone who even takes the time to read stuff like this, it'll likely sell for mid 30's

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right when $64K is not even close. It's yellow, so it should be much higher. :lmao:

Here we go!!!

2001 Yellow GTS, 28k miles. Roe Supercharged with Belanger exhaust, VECII, aftemarket wheels, rockers, GTSR wing (attaches to plate).4 owner car. Problem with carfax, shows mileage discrepancy and was involved in minor rear end accident with parked car. Autocheck only has 45 score because of this, not that it matters probably.

Seller is asking $64k which obviously is not even close. Question is what is it worth?

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey JPA99acr run away from this car as fast as you can. The market is flooded with Vipers especially GTS. Milage history and accident does not bode well. All he would get from me is 25,000 and I would use the car for parts

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a ~30K car with wheels that need to be changed, tires are just as bad. add a few bucks for the roe and MAYBE you are at $40K TOPS with no other issues. this guy is smoking something good and i want some of it...hard to imagine anyone looking more into this car at anywhere near the asking price

id offer 40K if he puts on new tires
Plum, I would LOVE to be there & see the expression on his face when you tell him that. He's asking 64k & you tell him you will give him 40k for it IF he puts new tires on it. That would definitely be Priceless. He's either a big time schister or he really thinks he's gonna find some ******* with more money than brains to pay it(But it wouldn't be the first time).

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's either a big time schister or he really thinks he's gonna find some ******* with more money than brains to pay it(But it wouldn't be the first time).

or maybe he's just the ******* you're talking about and paid big $$$'s for it and now is selling it at a loss :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger