Wheel Hop

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting some major wheel hop in my ACR, my tire pressure is about 29 and the suspension is set at factory settings. Any clues?

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what settings ? smooth track, rough track or the way it came from the factory. if its the last in my expierience and many others here what the factory settings are saying is not what there delivered with. when you adjust your settings to one of the track settings you zero out your shock settings and count the clicks till you reach the setting you like. my factory settings where 3 to 4 clicks off around the car from what they were suppose to be. since ive been set at the smooth track setting the car is awsome on the track and a little stiff for the street but its a viper dont expect a pillow ride. no wheel hop just hang on and drive.

benny

sparks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
08acr, Is that the reason a little 500hp cobra was able to keep up w/you..:dunno:....May9th,byron drag strip....:rolaugh::rolaugh:

sparks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, I noticed you do burnouts in 1st gear. I always start in second gear. Your car has more than enough power to do this. It also keeps you off rev limiter and should help wheel hop.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how it would be to drag race with 3.73 gears starting off in 2nd. I had thought about it but have yet to try. I may find a few back roads and try to do some 60' times with my G Tech and see what it does. my MT Drag Radials running 12 psi really don't hop and I think they will really bite in. Hope I don't break anything.
Motor and trans mounts, less rebound in front.

Reaction score
I have the 3.73 gears and a Quaife at the moment and have tried the 2nd gear launch. RPM needs to be high and you will smell the clutch for sure. The hook is great but I don't think it is worth the abuse IMHO. I just switched to the KUMHO 710's for autocrossing and when the tires are warmed up a little I can give it 3/4 throttle through first and full throttle in second now! The thing is a rocket without the wheel spin.

Going to a Pro Solo this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

I wonder how it would be to drag race with 3.73 gears starting off in 2nd. I had thought about it but have yet to try. I may find a few back roads and try to do some 60' times with my G Tech and see what it does. my MT Drag Radials running 12 psi really don't hop and I think they will really bite in. Hope I don't break anything.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Clutch riding is an expensive way to try to improve your times for sure... make sure you've got the cash to pay for the numbers.