Wheel width and Tire size for a GTS?

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ordering a new set of HRE's and was thinking:
Fronts: 19X10 with 285/35/ZR19 PS2's
Rear: 20X12.5 with 335/30/ZR20 PS2's

I have heard that 20's all around would rub (although I am not lowered) or I would go that route, and I want to fill up the wheel well gap. But does this set-up sound about right? I need to get my order to JonB ASAP.

TIA

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10x12.5???
:laugh:

Why would you go with 12.5 in the rear when stock size is 13? I'd stick with 13" width for sure.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
second that.

personally I think 19 fronts and 20 rears look like [*****] on a VIPER. I'm very happy with my 18x10 fronts and 19x13 rears with Pilot Sports (taller in the rear than the ugly pirelli).

just my opinion.

note how perfectly proportioned all the thicknesses and gaps are:

02.jpg

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with
Front: 19x11 with 295/30-19 PS2s
Rear: 20x12.5 with 325/25-20 PS2s.

Wheels are CCW. I also got my setup through JonB at PartsRack. I was going to go with the 335/30-20s, but John Purner at CCW talked me out of them and said they had a few customers that had some problems with clearance on the back with Gen IIs. I know some people have mounted them since apparently without issue. Also keep in mind that the 335/30-20's are 2" larger in diameter, so that will have a fairly significant affect on gearing and speedo calibration. I thought they would be great because they would raise my gearing from 3:55 up to about 3:33 and fill the fenders better while actually increasing ground clearance.

Here is what my setup looks like. This is stock ride height. I'd personally like a little more sidewall. I wasn't thrilled about going to 325's, but the actual difference is basically impossible to see. There are some more pics in my gallery.

TiresandRims4.jpg

For those that don't seem to know, you can trade off some overall wheel width to get a larger lip on the wheel. There is no performance tradeoff as long as you can mount the tires you want. My setup is actually lighter than the stock tires and rims even though the fronts are huge.

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that don't seem to know, you can trade off some overall wheel width to get a larger lip on the wheel.
Don't know and don't understand. :confused: How does that work?

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that don't seem to know, you can trade off some overall wheel width to get a larger lip on the wheel.
Don't know and don't understand. :confused: How does that work?

Has to do with there being more room to offset the wheel outward to give you the larger lip.

Parisianviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a remark. For those with Eibach springs, the rear springs lower the car more than the front ones , because the wheel gap is larger in the rear to begin with. The end result is that the car "sits back" more than a stock car, it's actually flat on the groung, wheras the stock car has a slightly raised rear end.
One way to correct that is to use 18" front wheels and 19" rear wheels but with the gen 3 tire sizes (345/30/19). Then you'll get back the original cant and your speed will be underestimated by a little less than 5%. If you compensate with shorter tire walls, you'll get your speedo right, but the car will be too flat.
Just my 2 euros.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456