When does the SRT-10 Coupe come out ?

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just viewed the pictures in the gallery of the blue Srt hard top posted by King Snake . I was wondering if this was a finished product by dodge and if so when their going to be out . I really want to get a srt to complement my ACR but I just don't want a convertible , or to put a hard top on one . I just want the coupe when ever it comes out . Thanks

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An SRT coupe (I hope not the one shown in Dallas) is scheduled to be displayed in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Rumor is that it is to be announced as a 2006 car.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also hope it's not what we saw in Dallas.

Unless it's the Red GTS-R that was sitting under the big screen display!

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys why dont you want it to be the one in the pictures I thought it looked sharp . A lot better then the regular convertibles . Just my own opinion of course .

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper ACR --

Search these pages from September 11th to date and you will see all the comments on the coupe. Suffice it to say that many of us are frustrated with what we consider a half hearted effort. We don't want the proud Viper to look like a Vette or a kit car -- it should take your breath away like the original GTS did when it was introduced.

There are too many other 500 hp V-10 coupes to choose from when the SRT Coupe hits the market. For example, just this week Toyota threw their hat into the ring: http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101005 We're afraid that if Dodge just makes a feeble effort, they will get left in the dust -- and that will be the end of the new Viper line.

We know they can do it -- look at the ME-412 -- let's cheer them on and urge them not to shoot low! :headbang:

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problems, as I see it, with these v10 wanta bes are:
For example the M5 will be a v10 at 500hp, lower torque and higher rev engine. Not in the same class as viper.Power/weight ratio not good. The above toyota may prove to be ok because of the power to weight ratio BUT all these cars are way over 100k. I can only hope that the next gen viper keeps up with its own established traditions, while keeping the price reasonable. THe best bang for the buck is not the vette but the viper. When we get to over 100k for a car, I am in, but I will have to look at all the players for the bucks.

Also and I hate to say it, but we will have to deal with these dealer surcharges which make me furious. Fortunately to buy one is no longer a local situation and the internet is a valuable tool. I WON'T pay surcharges. It is cheaper to buy a ticket and fly than to pay surcharges (plus there is the adventure factor) :usa:

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

I know the Vette and Viper play in different market segments (especially the current C5/base-C6). But with the next generation Z06 on the horizon, sporting (though still just speculation) a 500HP 427, very light weight, and what looks to be big fenders, massive SRT sized rubber (see recent spy-pic), I hope DC makes an effort to keep the performance lead with it's flagship product.

I know we can bash the Vette for it's available auto, huge production numbers (relative to the Viper), "leisure-suit" buying crowd, but the Viper has always enjoyed a considerable performance advantage, especially with the SRT that made a big jump in braking performance.

Now there's a Z06 package that _may_ be more than competitive with the current Viper platform (talking objective performance, not looks, pizzaz, etc., I'm buying a Viper so I prefer all it's subjective categories).

I *really* hope that DC has something up it's sleeve for the January Detroit auto show (where the new Z06 will also premier) - a revised coupe, with some substantial power gains (and possibly lighter weight). I would think with DC playing at the next price "plateau", they would have an obvious advantage over GM who's trying to make/market an "everyman supercar". Even if it drives the Viper Coupe up another $10K I don't think that would effect the targeted market segment much.

I'd like to see the Viper keep it's performance lead vs. the new Z06 (and even hold tough against the much pricier Ford GT), and I hope we see a Coupe in January, that's bolder than the prototype, and sports some serious (600HP?) performance!

Cheers!

DT

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

But with the next generation Z06 on the horizon, sporting (though still just speculation) a 500HP 427, very light weight, and what looks to be big fenders, massive SRT sized rubber (see recent spy-pic), I hope DC makes an effort to keep the performance lead with it's flagship product.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree with you DTO4R . Ive been waiting for the new coupe to come out cause I'm just not a convertible fan at all . I would really like to see Chrysler capture the heart of americans again like they did when the GTS first came out . And to stay up top they need to up the HP so they dont get lost amongst the rest .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery