When in doubt... change the battery

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another 2002GTS that will not start... I have a Bosch, 25 months old battery that giving me 13 volts but when I tried to start the car the voltage just drop and it will not turn it over. I tried to jump it with my truck but still will not start. Decided to check all the fuse, fuel pump, relays, etc. and everything was good. Decided to pull the battery out and get it tested in Advance since they are closer. Turned out that the battery was dead although the voltage was good the crank was "zero". And since it still under warranty... I head down to Pepboys and got a replacement.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOW / BAD Batteries cause MORE GRIEF on Gen 2s than just about anything. THey cause mystery CEL codes, and more.

But a cheap, generic battery just about guarantees more grief. OE batteries are "lowest bidder' crap.

I rely on SEARS Die Hard Platinum or Gold..... and a "Deltran Battery Tender Plus" when the car must sit for more than 10 days...

I think my 96 GTS is 8+ years on its DHG battery, and I know its gonna start when its her turn to go....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang